Lebramme

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lebramme

Postby Lebramme on January 12th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Lebramme Bloodgait
The Crimson Curiosity
The Red-Headed Rider
The Seeker of Solution

The Red-Headed Seeker of Curiosity

Race: Human
Birthday: Season of Summer, Day 19, 489 AV

Physical Description

In Short: See Picture

Lebramme has loose (almost "wild"), deep red hair that is long enough to cover the back of his neck, but is otherwise short. His skin is very fair; partly to blame for this is the fact that most of his days were spent under the cover of a Drykas Pavilion, although any other factors contributing to his sickly pale color are beyond his knowledge. His eyes are a blend of cyan and teal, and in contrast with his red hair, seems almost unnatural. He stands at an above average 6'2", and weighs in at an average 180lbs. While he isn't particularly strong or well-fed, he is generally as healthy as one could expect from someone who practices magic regularly.

Character Concept

In Short: Chaotic Neutral

Lebramme is a deeply disturbed individual. Years of repetitive hammering on his psyche by his teacher and foster father via hypnotism have resulted in Lebramme completely adapting his father's maxim as his own genuine thought. As such, his body does not react to mental stress or shocking revelations in the same way as anyone else. You can count on him to notice a magical trap on a locked chest, but you can't count on him to let you know about it.

His nature is one of inquiry, and doing something simply for the sake of finding out what will happen is not beyond him, even if it costs the lives of others in the process. Whether or not this "character flaw" is another result of repetitive hypnotic suggestion is anyone's guess. He thinks nothing about the preservation or loss of the lives of those around him, and will even endanger his own life for the sake of fulfilling a curiosity. While he may be curious about experiencing his own demise, a general rule is that he will not test his theories on the matter until he is convinced that it is imminent and inevitable.

Lebramme is completely devoid of social graces; he only wears clothes in public because if he didn't, he might be injured or catch cold. He is truly a creature of cruel logic; if he has any real emotion left in him, it doesn't show. This lack of courtesy and empathy may lead many to believe that he was a man consumed by insanity and evil; and naturally, the choices he makes won't help to dispel those beliefs.

Character History

Lebramme was orphanned as an infant, left to the care of the Eastern Tradepost, in the Sea of Grass of Cyphrus. Alsias Sunmare, an old mage who's own child had died of disease during a harsh winter, who happened to be at the Eastern Tradepost at the time, offered to take the child and raise him as his own. Alsias declared that the deep red wisps of Lebramme's hair were a sign from Lhex that the Ruby clan was destined to find him and take him in, although the truth was that Alsias chose to raise the child because his own son had taken to dying his hair a deep red before his death.

His early years were filled with tender love from his adoptive father, as Lebramme was raised on stories and legends of the Drykas, as well as exaggerated tales of Alsias' misadventures with Glassbeaks and legendary horses. It was in these early years that Lebramme first learned to ride horses, grasping the basics by riding upon Alsias' horse, a gentle Sungold breed, named Sunmare. By the time Lebramme was 12, Alsias decided that his true studies would now begin.

Lebramme's guided learning of Alsias' verbal "library" awakened an inquisitive nature that had, until then, rested dormant within his mind. While other children were learning how to hunt and weave, he spent his time learning the intricacies behind magic theory; the differences between personal and world magic, the nature of Djed, and the innate danger of using any magical art for too long without rest. Lebramme learned of ghosts and Nuit, of Kelvics and Pycons. He learned the difference between Res and raw Djed, and the differences between a ghost's ethereal Soulmist and a Projector's ethereal Astral Body. He was urged by his father to practice the art of Glyphing, but Lebramme found the process of drawing Glyphs repeatedly "boring"; instead, his curious nature led him towards a more active pursuit.

In celebration of his 13th "birthday", Alsias took Lebramme to the Eastern Tradepost in order for him to pick out a present. It was here that Lebramme found a set of "ribbon daggers". The small blades were made of wood -- a training set -- and when the owner of the Tradepost gave him a demonstration of how they were used, Lebramme was enthralled. Alsias purchased the set of training daggers for him, making sure he knew that "these toys" wouldn't interrupt their training. While he promised to continue his studies in Glyphing, Lebramme never truly put his all into the art, and instead devoted a great amount of time learning to use his weapons without injuring himself.

When he turned 15, Alsias' instruction of Lebramme changed from a general, all-encompassing course of magical theory into focused learning on a specific field of personal magic: Projection. The next year was spent preparing Lebramme for the dangerous initiation process, which would involve Alsias removing his astral body from his physical body and then putting it back in its proper place. Over this course of time, Alsias began accustoming Lebramme to Hypnosis, in order to induce the idea of "a quick mind and a calm body", which would ultimately make the initiation for Projection, as well as future initiation rites much easier to endure.

On his 16th birthday, Lebramme underwent his initiation into the field of Projection. With the aid of Alsias' frequent Hypnosis sessions, Lebramme's mind had begun to take on Alsias' "altered state of mind" as his default, natural state of mind. The ritual went smoothly and successfully, and for the next two years, he practiced the use of Projection, and once he was capable, began using it in conjunction with his practice weapons. Projection was something that Lebramme enjoyed, much more so than Glyphing, because the possibilities were virtually endless with Projection, compared to the orderly, expected results of Glyphs. Just before his 18th birthday, he found himself capable of using a Ribbon Dagger with Projection almost as easily as if he was using his physical hand.

Lebramme's 18th birthday finally came, and Alsias, using his Hypnosis, guided him through the initiation rites for the brand of personal magic known as Leeching. Lebramme had learned that Leeching was a dangerous, yet beneficial magic; a trained Leech could absorb Djed from practically anything, including people, and even prolong Overgiving, but the consequences for doing so were felt later. Leeching, he had learned, was a brand of magic looked down upon, as the Djed it absorbed was weaker and poisonous to the Leecher, and could easily result in a much shorter lifespan. However, at this point, Lebramme's curiosity, coupled with his induced state of mind, allowed him to go through the painful ritual. Alsias informed Lebramme that if he were to practice Leeching like he practiced Projecting, he would be walking with a crutch by the time he was 25; instead, Alsias showed him the methodology behind Leeching: "Focus on something that you are touching -- your hands are probably the easiest to focus on -- and concentrate on devouring them. That's right, devouring them. Then, their Djed will flow into you. This Djed is impure and toxic, and should be used almost immediately, so it is best if used in conjunction with another magic. Over time, both the ability to push back the feelings of Overgiving, as well as the inability to contain the urge to Leech Djed, will grow. This is both a blessing and a curse; it is up to each of us to find a way to make the most out of the blessings, and deal away with the side-effects."

Over the next year, Lebramme continued to practice his Projection, now using his Ribbon Dagger as a tool to further his skills with projecting, instead of a means to master the use of the weapon. Between training sessions, Alsias prepared him for his twentieth birthday, in which he would be initiated into Reimancy, as well as begin practicing the art of the Flux. However, before this difficult trial, Alsias decided that it would be in the best of interest of both himself and Lebramme if they went out and found him a horse, as wind marks would establish Lebramme as a true Drykas. So, just prior to his 20th birthday, Alsias and Lebramme ventured out into the Sea of Grass, with Alsias leaving his horse, Sunmare, behind, and made camp. Lebramme travelled with their provisions slung over his back in a large pack, along with gear he would need if he was chosen by a horse, enough wood for Alsias to start a campfire with, and his wooden, white-ribboned daggers, which now held sentimental value. Overnight, Alsias kept watch, while Lebramme slept. However, the dangers of staying unprotected out in the Sea of Grass soon made themselves apparent, as they were attacked by a pack of Glassbeaks in the dead of night. As he watched his father fend off the Glassbeaks with a vast assortment of personal magic, his mind fractured by years of gradual Hypnosis, Lebramme couldn't help but take the situation calmly. While the possibility of aiding his father had certainly occured to him, an even more interesting thought had appeared in his mind. Instead of using his own skills in Projection to help Alsias ward off the last of the few remaining Glassbeaks, he pulled his father's legs out from beneath him; Alsias, completely caught unawares by this turn of events, was only able to deal with one more Glassbeak before being thoroughly torn to shreds.

As Lebramme sat there, pondering over his late father's demise, while the final two, rather-scrawny Glassbeaks enjoyed the meal that had cost them the rest of their hunting pack, the whinny of a horse jarred him to his senses. In moments, a flash of blonde came into the view of the campfire -- an enormous, black horse with a blond mane reared up on its legs, landing its front legs right upon the remains of the now-disfigured Alsias, chasing away the youngling Glassbeaks. The horse, which Lebramme could see was a large Seme breed, remained where it stood in Alsias' corpse. For minutes they simply stared at eachother; their stalemate was broken by Lebramme's cautious movement towards the horse. The tension broke when he reached up and brushed the side of the horse -- the horse that had chosen him, and saved him from certain demise -- and the horse responded to him with a snort and a shake of his head. In that moment, an unspoken contract had been made between Lebramme and this horse, and he knew that this was what he came here for. Lebramme rummaged through his pack for the red pad and black yvas he had brought for this very moment.

The steed didn't so much as fuss as he dressed him, and in moments, they were both ready to ride. As Lebramme took his place upon his chosen horse, he recalled that he no longer had a father, and without him and his knowledge of Webbing, no longer had a home to return to. His father lay beneath him, half-eaten by birds of prey and trampled by the horse that had come to save him. And in that moment, a name came into his mind. He could not be sure if it was a thought of his own creation, or if the horse itself had sent the message simply through force of will. This horse's name, he thought. "Bloodgait". Lebramme took hold of the grips of his yvas, as Bloodgait reared upon its hind legs and let out a cry into the night, before taking off into the night.

Lebramme, now homeless and lacking in family, made his way towards the Eastern Tradepost that he and his father had frequented each year for his birthday. When he arrived, the merchant running the Tradepost greeted him with good wishes on his 20th birthday; apparently, Alsias had arranged for him to receive a gift before his death: a new set of Ribbon Daggers, blades crafted out of fine Isurian Steel, as well as ribbons that were soft to the touch, yet did not sacrifice grip for sensitivity. His late father, even while urging him to concentrate on his studies of magic, had kept note of the happiness using a Ribbon Dagger had brought him. His happiness showing through, he asked the owner of the Tradepost where a good place to continue practicing magic would be. The merchant advised him to visit Zeltiva, to the east, but mentioned that going further east towards Sahova would be an even better place to practice, as the mages there had been busy for hundreds of years, and might know even more than those at Zeltiva.

And so Lebramme and his horse, Bloodgait, went east, stopping at Zeltiva for a short while, and reaching the town of Sunberth in the winter...

Training (Skills/Arcana/Gnosis/Lore)

KEY
Acq Acquired XP, Check Thread List For More Details
StarPack Starter Pack XP, Should Total No More Than 50
Race Racial Bonus XP, Humans Receive 15 To A Single Skill

SKILLS
Name XP Gained Total XP Rank
Riding: Raised with the Drykas, learning to ride a horse was just as important as learning to walk. Even though I didn't really ride too many horses, I certainly won't regret the little bit of experience I picked up from riding my father's horse. 0 Acq + 10 StarPack + 0 Race 10/100 Novice
Weapon Proficiency - Ribbon Daggers: I got my first set of training Ribbon Daggers as a birthday present, and I haven't looked back since. No matter what happens, these things never cease to raise my spirits. If I'm using them against someone, they should be honored. Hopefully with a little more practice, I'll be able to use more than one at the same time! 0 Acq + 20 StarPack + 0 Race 20/100 Novice

ARCANA
Name XP Gained Total XP Rank
Projection: - I learned how to use Projection at the tender age of 16, and I've been using it ever since for all sorts of things. Of course, outside of the Pavilion, I have to conserve my Djed, so odds are I'll only be using Projection as a means to keep myself alive. I can reach almost 15 times as far as my normal body can go when I'm using Projection, so watch your step, or you may find yourself tripping up! 1 Acq + 15 StarPack + 15 Race 31/100 Competent
Leech: - I was initiated into the wonderful world of Leeching when I was 18, but I haven't had much reason to use this kind of magic. The principle is basic enough, and I've practiced on small animals, but not anything man-sized. Don't underestimate me, though! All I have to do is grab you by the face for a minute, and you're as good as gone! 0 Acq + 5 StarPack + 0 Race 5/100 Novice

GNOSSIS
Name Diety Marked/Cursed Amount Rank

LORE
Name Description Source
History of Magic Years of having knowledge handed to me verbally by a Drykas wizard has clued me in to the magnificent world of magic. I am familiar with basic descriptions of magically created races such as Nuit, Pycons, and Kelvics, as well as Ghosts, along with basic theories regarding personal and world magic (although exclusive training of any of these fields would be required to turn theory into reality). StarPack
Drykas Legends My father told me all about the greatest Drykas legends, including the legend of Serifal Drykas and his mighty steed, Rakivas. I even picked up a few tales about my father's own travels that may not be entirely true, but still might be good to pass around! StarPack

Equipment and Possessions

Name Description Cost
Linen Shirt There's nothing special about this. It is comfy, though. StarPack
Linen Pants These pants are great for when I need to go out in public. Comfy! StarPack
Waterskin It's filled with water. Not quite sure who's skin it was before me, but it's mine, now! StarPack
Backpack With this backpack, I can carry more things before I have to resort to "hammerspace" logic! Never leave home without it! StarPack
Toiletries When nature calls, make sure you can answer. StarPack
Food For A Week This should hold me over until I can get a more permanent situation. Or more food. StarPack
Eating Knife I guess I could use it as a weapon...so long as I'm fighting a steak. StarPack
Tarnished Metal Earring I've had this thing since the day I was born, and it's the only thing tying me to my real family. I've thought about getting rid of it, but I think it might be a genuine MacGuffin. StarPack {Heirloom}
Set of Studded Leather Armor This "set" includes a pair of bracers, a pair of shinguards, greaves, and a breastplate, all in a dark brown, studded leather ensemble, providing light and affordable protection. 25.0.0 Mizas
Leather Belt I use this Leather Belt as a sort of "holster" for my Ribbon Daggers. I guess I could hang all kinds of things on it; a genuine utility belt. 0.2.0 Mizas
Leather Riding Boots Nice, high, black leather boots that are perfect for riding horses, although walking is still very much an option. 1.0.0 Mizas
Leather Gloves A pair of darkened, brown leather gloves. Without these things, I'd probably end up Leeching people on accident. Once the gloves come off, protect your face at all costs! 5.0.0 Mizas
Rucksack Sometimes, a Backpack just doesn't cut it. When the Backpack is full, use the Rucksack! 1.0.0 Mizas
8 Ribbon Daggers (Wood) These wooden training daggers have four feet of white ribbon to swing from! Best to start with these before moving on to the real thing. 2.0.0 Mizas
4 Ribbon Daggers (Isurian Steel) These gorgeous daggers are durable, and are each attached to five feet of ruby ribbons. Very stylish. 20.0.0 Mizas
4 Ribbon Daggers (Isurian Steel) These gorgeous daggers are durable, and are each attached to five feet of midnight black ribbons. Very mysterious. 20.0.0 Mizas
Bloodgait (Seme, black body, blonde mane) Clocking in at 19.3 hands high (that's 6'7" at the withers), this horse is definitely a horse worth riding. Can you believe he chose me? Appraised to be worth 250.0.0 Mizas! 250.0.0 Mizas
Yvas, Breast Collar, and Red Padding (Saddle, Riding) This is the typical Drykas fare for riding horses. Some horses let you ride bareback. Not my horse. 10.0.0 Mizas
Saddlebags, Large When the Backpack AND the Rucksack is full, or when you won't be taking your horse with you, use the Saddlebags! No greater source of "hammerspace" was ever crafted, I swear it! 8.0.0 Mizas

LEDGER
Transaction Reason
+600.0.0 Mizas StarPack, shelter cashed in.
-69.7.0 Mizas Starting Equipment, Personal
-268.0.0 Mizas Horse and Horse Equipment
-45.0.0 Mizas WINTER END
TOTAL
+217.3.0 Mizas

THREAD LIST
Date Thread Rewards
AV509 Winter (Undecided) Cold Shoulder +1 Projection
AV509 Winter (Undecided) Fame, Glory, and Mizas [Thread Ongoing]

Credit goes to *Orioto and ~amief3 for original artwork.
Lebramme
Curiousity at its Finest

Words: 6978
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2010, 12:42 am
Race: Human