I am..... ( open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

I am..... ( open)

Postby Layla on September 5th, 2009, 2:38 am

Time Stamp: 1st of Fall 509 AV

Walking down the cobbled road, Layla came across a tavern christened the Silver Sliver. Perhaps a drink of ale would sooth her nerves. Did she like ale or did she prefer wine? Entering the tavern, Layla made way to an empty table and sat down. Who am I? Why do I not have any memories? Was the young woman's regret's so strong that she repressed them leaving her mind a blank slate? At least now with no memories she was absolved of guilt from past transgressions. Was her ailment of her own will or of that of another?

A few hours past she found herself on the outskirt's of the city the gate of Ravok with some meza's and other essentials alone.

" What will you be drinking or eating? Have to do one if you are going to be sitting at the Silver Sliver", said one of the barmaids. My people skills are impaired by my lack of memories. I wonder what her excuse is.

" Mug of Ale", Layla said. Well now I shall be finding out if I like ale. I do not think I am a elegant sort. Though I could be wrong.

After hearing her order, the barmaid left and returned with a mug of ale. Once it was placed on the table, Layla counted out four cm and placed it in the barmaids open palm. " I suggest working on your people skills if you want a bit more of extra next time.", Layla said with a bit of an amused smile.

" Bitch", the barmaid murmured as she walked away.

Well if I have been here before then the hospitality is surely lacking. Or was the hospitality of the Silver always lacking?

Sighing softly, Layla brought the rim of the mug to her lips and took a sip. Upon the ale gracing her palate, Layla sighed in pleasure and swallowed. While I may not know my name, or whose womb I came from. At least I know now that I love ale.
Layla
I am ...

Words: 1351
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2009, 12:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: I am..... ( open)

Postby Kerowyn Nailo on September 5th, 2009, 3:03 am

Kerowyn sat at a random tavern yet another point. He had been to so many lately that he had a hard time keeping track of the names. Though Kerowyn wasn't a drunkard or a glutton, no, he wasn't visiting so many taverns mere for pleasure (though he always found time for an ale or two). He was there for business, in a sense. Kerowyn had found that one of the greatest ways to learn more about the city and it's inhabitants was to listen to it's citizens gossip about each other. Often he learned very helpful things through this method. He was hoping for such a piece of juicy information this night.

As he scanned the tavern, leaving the boring conversation he had previously been listening too, he saw a strange girl enter the tavern. The girl had a strange, confused look on her face, obviously unfamiliar with the location. Eavesdropping on her conversation, he heard her conversation with the barmaid, which added another aspect of interest to this girl. She had conducted herself with so much confidence and fearlessness. It was very interesting considering her confused look. It was when she tasted the ale that Kerowyn knew he would meet her. She looked at it and drank it like she had never tasted ale before. Very interesting. Kerowyn couldn't help himself when a good story might be involved.

So, he picked up his ale and casually strolled over to the girl's table. With a sly smile he sat down across from her. Unsure of how to conduct himself around such a perplexing person, he resorted to the most basic of conversation starters. "Hello."
Kerowyn Nailo
Player

Words: 2476
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2009, 4:29 am
Character sheet

Postby Layla on September 5th, 2009, 3:30 am

A slight frown curved her lips when she seen the young man approach her. At the present time she could not even relate to herself how could she to another. Their were many wolves in this den and Layla wished not to be the sheep. Was she the flirtatious sort? Had she previously enjoyed the attention of a man? Did she previously bat her eyes for pretty trinkets and free mug's of ale?

Realizing that she had been quite for sometime, she finally spoke, " Hello". Well apparently he did not wish for a proper invitation to sit down. " So are you always this confident when approaching a lady? Mighty brave you are risking to be publicly sent away. Could be very painful to your ego", Layla said with a soft chuckle. " I am Layla and you are?"
Layla
I am ...

Character sheet

Postby Kerowyn Nailo on September 5th, 2009, 3:44 am

Kerowyn noticed the girls smile as he made his way over to her table, which fueled his confidence even more. Not that any of this really mattered, he was simply deciding to have a potentially interesting conversation rather than listen to the rumbling of an uninteresting tavern.

She still held the confidence she had used with the barmaid, " So are you always this confident when approaching a lady? Mighty brave you are risking to be publicly sent away. Could be very painful to your ego."

Kerowyn decided to play the dangerous card, as it was always a fun one. "Maybe. The risk of rejection seems trivial compared to the dangers I regularly face," He said with a wink and a sly smile that made a person wonder if he was serious or just joking around. "I'm Kerowyn, nice to meet you, Layla... So, is this your first ale?"
Kerowyn Nailo
Player

Character sheet

Postby Layla on September 5th, 2009, 4:06 am

Indeed the young woman was confident despite not having any memories and not knowing her true identity. Well at least he did not take any offence to her words for she did not wish for a sharpened point of a dagger to her throat. It would be a pity to die without knowing your name or having your gravestone.

" Is that so? I take it that you are a man who lives for the thrill? Have you lived in Ravok long? I have just arrived. Do you know of an inn or a boarding house where I can rent a room?".

I shall have to make up a story if he is determined to engage in small talk. Now that may be fun.. Awaiting for his answer Layla took another sip of her ale. It was evident that he had been watching her before he approached. This did not settle well with the woman. She did not know who she was nor who her enemeies were. Had her memories been taken away to be held for ransome? The young woman could not trust anyone and it would be wise for her to be leery of everyone.

" My mother was quite strict and thought it unproper for ladies to drink ale. So this is my form of rebellion. I am sure if she was here she would be granting me with a dissaproving stare", Layla said with a soft chuckle.
Layla
I am ...

Character sheet

Postby Kerowyn Nailo on September 5th, 2009, 4:33 am

Kerowyn smiled, and waited for a few seconds before answering her questions. If he came off as a prick, he might not get the full story. He decided on a modest answer, so as not to scare the girl. "I wouldn't say I live for the thrill, rather that I accept it. If excitement comes my way, I sure don't turn it down, but I don't seek out danger." He let his lips curl a little more, letting out the little white lie. "Yeah, I've lived in Ravok for quite a while. Inns... Hmmm... Well there is the NCH Office, but that's only for citizens... I guess you could go to Tarsin's. It's popular with the non-citizens. It's by the Docks."

He nodded, interested, as he listened to her story. Her parent's aversion to ale would have explained her strange expression when tasting it. It was a believable story. Not quite the excitement that Kerowyn had hoped for but he supposed that it was the most likely story. Then an idea came to Kerowyn. Coming to the conclusion that poor parents generally didn't have time to be strict, he saw an in into high society.

"So I suppose your parents are fairly well off?"
He asked, hoping to get an insight into high
Kerowyn Nailo
Player

Character sheet

Postby Layla on September 6th, 2009, 2:15 am

" I see that you are taking the evasive route in your answers. Perhaps if we become better acquainted your answers shall be more to the point hmm" , Layla gently teased. He was being evasive to keep his secret's safe. Perhaps if Layla had any secret's she would be doing the same. Though unlike Kerowyn the evasiveness was not of her choosing, but had been forced upon her by a mysterious accident or by the will of another.

" Perhaps I shall then go to the docks and to Tarsin's to acquire a room. I have traveled quite a long distance". I am assuming " Is it clean? Do you have a room their?"

Hook, line and sinker It seemed as though the little fish was believing her tale. It really was not a lie, as she had no recollection of her past. Perhaps because of this her voice did not waver as most do when they are uttering lies. " They do well. My father is a merchant and owns his own caravan. He travel's Mizahar selling his wares. My mother is the doting housewife and while my father was away she ran the house and minded the children. So what of you Kerowyn? Were you born from the stars or the sands? Or from a woman's womb like the rest of us mere mortals?"
Layla
I am ...

Character sheet

Postby Kerowyn Nailo on September 7th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Kerowyn smiled as she called him out on his conersational evasiveness. It was his nature to be careful when talking about his life and/or profession. His dodging question was more habit than intentional. He skipped over the mention of it completely, allowing her to continue on, talking about her housing situation.

"Me? Oh no. Tarsin's is really more for visitors, and I've been around here long enough to be considered a little bit more than that. I would expect it's clean enough, I've never been inside myself. If this is a veiled attempt at acquiring a guide back to it, you can just ask."

He listened intently to her rather uninteresting life story. It all seemed to make sense, but he got the eerie feeling that something was being left out of her story. What kind of merchant was her father exactly? He asked himself. Maybe the rest of the story would come out as the night went on and the ale flowed freely. Now it came to his turn, what should he say? He took the truthful root, just leaving out most of the important details.

"My father was a traveler as well. He is no longer with us..." Kerowyn allowed his eyes to get just a tad teary. It was a little forced, but he hoped it would keep the questioning girl at bay. "I don't really like to talk about the past," He said with a sniff, "Perhaps we can speak of other things?"
Kerowyn Nailo
Player

Character sheet

I am..... ( open)

Postby Ren Tanor on March 18th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Ren stepped in through the back door of tavern after puking up all of the six glasses of ale he had drank. Ren ability to walk in a straight line had left him with the rest of the ale outside. So it would be very smart to assume that he would crash down on one of the many obstacles obstructing the way to his chair. Ren took a few groggy steps before crashing down on the table of a very odd out of place couple. Ren layed there in pain.... He diddnt actually feel the pain the only thing he actually felt was irresitable urge to pun the first person he saw. As ren got up he. what looked like a man (Kerowyn) but. With his drunk senses ren wouldve thought a cow looked like his house. Ren pulled up his fist and threw it straight at the man face but all he felt was air. To any onlooker ren wouldve looked like he was trying punch the air right in front of the mans face.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet