NPC and Charbosi questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Dylana on March 19th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Hello, being new I wondered if I could have some help with a couple of questions.

First, I have read your npc rules and I'm just wondering how these fit into using npcs that are short-term characters. Can I npc stall holders, bar keepers, occassional people, etc that are just there to move a solo story on, but aren't characters meant to help my PC long-term?

Also in my backstory I have a brother that I'm close to, I'd like to do a flashback story involving him and wondered if this was ok as part of the npc rules?

Second, Charbosi seems very quiet, is there a reason for this? And is it ok for me to write threads there? I don't want to accidently post where I'm not allowed.

Thank you, and sorry for troubling you at all with what may be really silly questions, everyone has been so nice here so far :)
In the crashing waves you will taste the tears of shattered dreams, remember mine that you broke and weep with me.
Dylana
Player

Words: 2483
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Rage on March 19th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Hello there, Dylana. Good to see a Charoda in play, we need more people like you to try out the less-played races. :)

To answer your questions...
1. Yes, you may use these NPCs to move the story along provided there is no skill or item transfer between them and your PC. For shopkeepers, trade of goods is fine as long as the correct prices are observed (please refer to the Price List. Bargaining, haggling or asking for discounts may require moderator intervention however.

Same goes with having an NPC brother for storytelling purposes. If you plan to have them around your PC for quite a bit though, you need to have them approved through the Help Desk.

2. Charbosi is empty because it's not developed yet. You *may* post in it but I'm afraid doing so would mean you can't describe how specific parts of the city look like in your threads - not until official locations for them have been put up.

I hope my answers are to your satisfaction. If you have any more, feel free to ask.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Dylana on March 19th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Thank you thats great, I'm amazed that the Charoda aren't played much, they grabbed me as an interesting race, I hope I can do them justice.

As Charbosi is in development, if I wanted to post a story set in the ocean near Charbosi would it still be in that forum or another?
In the crashing waves you will taste the tears of shattered dreams, remember mine that you broke and weep with me.
Dylana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rage on March 19th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Good question.

Since we don't have a forum for the area surrounding Charbosi at the moment, you can post it there for now.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Dylana on March 19th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Thank you! That's awesome :D
Dylana
Player

Character sheet