Traditions (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Traditions (Closed)

Postby Raylin Sunsetfeather on March 12th, 2011, 2:17 pm

20th day of Spring, 511 AV

Raylin sat on her bedroll staring at the small mirror infront of her. "Do I have to do this mother?" she asked, nervouseness in every word. "Why are you getting cold feet now? You've always wanted to do this. Plus your leaving Endrykas for the first time since we got here. It's tradition." Iria said her hands on her hips. "Does it hurt?" the mixed blood asked. "Of course it does Ray. But only for a few moments."

"Ok," Raylin replied as she let out a sigh of defeat, "I want them here and one here." she said pointing at her ear lobes then at the top of her right ear a little to the right. "Ok then lets get this done." Raylin's mother said as she went to go and get the piercing supplies. "My little girl is growing up." Dennen said as he looked at his daughter from the door frame. "Try not to get pregnant while your gone ok? You never know what kind of things men will do." Raylin's father said as he winked playfully. "Dad! How could you say that! Jarhal wouldn't do that. Plus, im sure hes more interested in sight seeing and hunting then having an intimate relationship with me." the young woman said to her father. "You never know." and with that comment, he left.

Iria came moments later with a tray that had needles, alchol, cloth, an apple and finally three pieces of metal. Two little balls to go into her ear lobes and a small ring to go on the top of her ear. All made of silver. Raylin had bought them the day before. and now they were going to be put to use.

OOCLedger: -6 gm (earrings)
Raylin Sunsetfeather
I sit between the montains and the plains.

Words: 34984
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2010, 1:05 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Traditions (Closed)

Postby Raylin Sunsetfeather on March 20th, 2011, 2:50 pm

"Aunty! Aunty! You forgot the ice!" shouted Raylin's youngest cousin. "Thank you Emil. Why don't you go play with your sister." her mother said taking the ice and holding it up to her daughter's left ear lobe. The young woman continued to hold the bag of ice to her ear while she watched Iria clean the needle of with the alchol.

Once finished the Inartan removed the bag of ice from the half blood and held an apple to the back of her ear lobe instead. She then tore off a piece of the cloth and rolled it into a ball. "Put this in your mouth to muffle any screams. We don't want your cousins to think that your dieing." Iria said as she placed the ball into Raylin's hand. The young woman's eyes grew larger at the comment. She placed the ball inbetween her teeth and bit hard. "Are you ready?" her mother asked, a concern look on her face. The daughter nodded yes slowly. "Ok take a deep breath." Iria said and then quickly pierced a hole into the lobe.

Raylin let out a muffled scream of pain. Her mother placed the other piece of cloth up to her ear to stop bleeding. After a few moments the pain dwindled away. She watched as Iria put in the new piercing. It glited slightly in the light. "Are you ready for the next one?" the older woman asked before continueing.
Raylin Sunsetfeather
I sit between the montains and the plains.

Words: 34984
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2010, 1:05 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet