[Flashback][Surya Plaza] Running Mad (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Flashback][Surya Plaza] Running Mad (Solo)

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 23rd, 2011, 1:40 am

Surya Plaza-60th of Fall 509AV

Nex sighed as he made his way through the bustling marketplace. He was in a foul mood today. He'd been forced to wear his human for over two days straight now, because his master deemed it neccesary for some reason or another. In respect, he did not grumble, aloud that is.

He kept a eye out for the man he was supposed to meet, and caught sight of him at the end of the avenue. Picking the quickest way through the crowd that included avoiding the thickest parts of the market, where people where making a effort to do their jobs and get their buisness done like he was.
Looking down to make sure the square round box was still relatively un marred and safely in his grasp he jogged up to a man standing by a stall and initiated conversation.
His pace to get back to his master was much faster than his initial vigor at the start of the trip. Nex also felt much more energetic than he had before, as the hope of returning to his natural form awaited him, since his buisness in the market was finished with. He found human cloths so sufficating, and completly lacked appeal to him. Sadly though, people tend to not take kindly to a nude man running errands, or doing anything naked for that matter in public. It be alright soon enough though, he'd be loping along free in a matter of moments.

Before he arrived at his master's residence however, he accidentally tripped over somthing, causing a resulting tumble down the sloped street before coming to rest against a building unknown to him. He groaned, his head felt like it was spliting open and the various aches on his body didn't aid in this matter, and he felt as if his ankle was twisted. Thankfully however his master's place was near and he could recieve the neccesary medicinal help there.

Nex pulled himself to his feet, and out of curiousity looked back up the road to see what had tripped him so. A simple thing of cloth lay on the ground where he had begun his tumble, most likley a cloak or shirt of some sort.

He laughed aloud, a action certainly not foreign to him. No matter how much time he spent in human form, he always found himself tripping over somthing more frequently then one should normally. He'd have to work on his balance in sparring this week it seemed.

Trotting on over to the pile of cloth, it turned out to be a cloak as initial speculation revealed. He picked it up and looked around curiously for anyone that may have found themselves missing a cloak.

Looking around the market, he spotted a stall that happened to be selling cloths and other vestments. His mind was too clouded with thoughts of the outdoors and how sweet the grass would feel underneath his feet, that he thought little of the scrap of clothing in his hand and preceded to the stall. Besides he was to busy to give the neccesary time it would take this cloak of little worth back to its owner, and he was getting increasingly restless. Handing the woman of the market stall the travel worn cloak, he said " See this to its rightful owner if you would please and thank you."

Depositing a gold miza in her palm after the words, he immediately resumed his treck towards his master's home. He still did quite get the value of money, and his master was very vauge when he was teaching him of it. Still he felt he owed her it in return for the service, and he'd just have to make sure to save the other 99 pretty stones his master gave him. He wasn't sure of there actual value so needless to say he was very poor at bartering. Nex always needed the old man for such things. He arrived outside of the inn room he currently resided in with his kind master.

Knocking on the door, he bowed his head low in diference. It was customary for him to knock on the door. Howling or pawing at the door seemed to annoy the neighbors, and even the old man when he was in one of his spells, and he had long before learned to answer the door in his human form instead of his more fitting form.

The door creeking open slowly as the old man, dressed in a orange medley of colors answered the door. "Nex, my good fellow" he greeted with a one arm hug. The man's cane, and slow action's where more of a show then any fraility in the man. Contrary to apperances, the old man is very strong and still possessed of the same energy that filled him in his younger days. His weak act was more for those who ment him ill will, and also to give him more favorable dealings with the merchants.

He returned the hug in kind, with similar strength and comradery. "the business of the day is finished master, i was wandering if i may return to my animal form, and enjoy the rest of the day light."

"Soon my trusted friend, soon but first i have buisness to discuss with you." said the old man with a warm smile. "You leave with a caravan in the morning headed for Zeltiva, its time i stopped coddling you and let you explore the world for yourself, only then my friend can you learn who you are truley are." He smiled making way for Nex to enter inside. Patting him on the back he said "Now get packing boy, you have a busy day tommoro."

Nex stood outside the house, watching the beautiful warm lights of the dawn when his master found him that morning. He stood with a backpack slung over one shoulder, fidigiting with the saddlebags on his horse making sure everything was there. He'd be working as a gaurd aboard a caravan that was bound for Zeltiva. From there, in the words of his master, it was time to explore the world for himself, and learn what it has to offer.

"How do you feel about this trip my good friend?" the old man asked striding over to stand beside him. Nex lifted his head up and then bowed low in respect. "I am very thankful for the opportunity master, and have longing to be out on the road for quite some time." he said. "Why must you stay again?" he asked curiously. "I must stay here to continue my business, and i wont be able to leave this city for quite sometime, and i need you to learn the ways of the world, and become stornger. Go now, you'll be late for the caravan." the old man says patting him on the shoulder.

He pulled himself ontop of the horse, and with a deferintial nod to his master set the horse into a brisk trot, heading for the front gates of Lhavit. Soon he had joined the caravan, and on their way. Their next stop would be the city of Alvadas, where they would then board large vessles and sail across the Suvan Sea to land on the other end and then ride with all speed to Zeltiva. It was predicted to be a 8 day trip and fraught with danger, but it was not without his worth he thought to himself.
Last edited by Nex Paciscor on June 7th, 2011, 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Surya Plaza] Running Mad (Solo)

Postby Ataraxia on April 7th, 2011, 4:25 am

Nex
XP
Observation +1
Lore
Leaving behind a trusted friend
Ledger
-1 GM

Comments
Hey there. There wasn't too terribly much XP wise that I saw to give out, but I did what I could. I think this was a good basis for the rest of your adventures in MIzahar however. PM me if you have any questions/concerns about the award, i'll entertain any random thoughts or requests. Peace out!
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)