Blessings of Caiyha(Naemi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on March 22nd, 2011, 10:37 pm

Jarhal nodded, he'd love to somehow meet the Ranger too. Unfortunately, Bolai Fionse was quite dead by now unless he could live for over a hundred years... but then again, any man that could walk into the Zith city of Xy and come out unharmed just might have puzzled out immortality as well. Who could say in this ridiculous world of monsters and Djed, with the scars from the Valterrian still plain?

Then the emerald woman began to run. No matter how abrupt it was, somehow it seemed the most natural thing in the world to watch a tanned half-benshira with eyes that would shame any emerald jewel run about a Sea of Grass in the light of a setting sun. Chural lumbered up from where he was laying, and gave an unsure look to his master. Apparently he didn't care for whatever it was he saw on Jarhal's face, for the dog merely gave a grumble and laid back down. Jarhal knew full well what the dog thought: a bunch of foolishness.

Normally he would agree with his hound and warn the woman to not draw so much attention to herself, but this time he couldn't. He felt a strange feeling that he couldn't name. All he could do was think how nice it was that, in all the vastness of the plains, he'd happened to meet someone like this. It was really quite remarkable when you looked at it. Trying to reel in emotion seemed pointless now, he couldn't hide the enjoyment. Should he have chased after her?

"I believe you just outshined the sunset." He spoke softly, as though not really even meaning it to be heard. With a light clearing of his throat, though, he continued more normally. "Do you live in Endrykas with your father? I'd like to meet him and introduce you to my Strider sometime. I believe he'd like you."

That was about as forward as Jarhal ever was. Usually he just tracked down the people he wanted to see the old fashioned way. Meeting her father? Introducing her to Topher? He barely knew the woman, but he felt the need to hurry and get to know her better before he left Cyphrus.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Naemi on March 29th, 2011, 12:57 am

The outburst had been sudden, and Naemi realized that. She even expected the man to think she was crazy for acting like a child when she was not. Her eyes strained to see the expression on his face, and she was surprised. He did not look at her with disapproval or even as though she were childish. His face said that he thought it was one of the most natural things for her to randomly begin to run through a field at sunset. The dog however was looking at Naemi as though she was crazy.

He then spoke and his words brought a smile to her tanned face. He had spoken softly as though meaning for her not to hear, but still she did. “I do live in Endrykas with my father,” she spoke softly but loud enough for the man to hear. It was a habit to talk softly and sometimes she spoke too quietly that those she was speaking to asked her to repeat what she had said.

This man was interesting and very nice. Naemi loved to have things in common with another, but he was being quite bold by asking to meet her father. It was a change… not a bad change but certainly different than conversations with most others. He also mentioned his Strider which made Naemi a bit jealous. Of course she would love to meet his Strider and introduce him to her father. Besides, he was only a friend. Her father would think nothing of it, and he might even like Jarhal. It helped that they were in the same clan.

“I’d like that… how about tomorrow?” Naemi asked, smiling at the man who had been a stranger not too long ago, “Our tent is the one with large green swirls painted on the outside… when you come tomorrow I will tell you why the swirls are there.” A final smile was given to the man before she turned around and began to run back the way she had come from. A wave was given over her shoulder as the distance increased between the two.
Naemi
Player

Words: 17885
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Ganmedo on April 8th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Jarhal Treeshadow

XP:

Navigation + 1

Lore:

Dressing for the season
Naemi
I have a dream.

Naemi

XP:

Navigation + 1

Lore:

Jarhal Treeshadow
Wanderlust

COMMENTS:

Let me know if you have questions, comments, or concerns!
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous