Becoming Who We Are (Denen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Leto Sunsinger on January 27th, 2011, 1:57 am

Walking along with Denen was enjoyable to say the least. Leto was truly starting to enjoy the company of the young man, but then again, he enjoyed the company of most men, and few women. He had known all of his life who's company he enjoyed more, but rarely spoke of it til he was about twenty two or so, when Arias, a male strider chose him to be his rider, chose him even before he could be ridden, and when the strider was old enough, allowed Leto his first ride upon him. Walking alongside Denen, they finally made it to his pavilion. It was a small one, definitely much smaller than some of the other pavilions, and when Leto saw it, he thought it to be nice as a beginning pavilion. Perhaps they had just started out on their own, but Leto wouldn't know. He took a seat by the fire as Denen had motioned for him to, and removed his cloak as he did.

His body was covered in glyphic tattoos and scars, but he didn't mention anything abou them as he sat down. His eyes trailed into the fire, his dark gaze illuminated somewhat, as was his face, the blonde of his hair contrasting even more against the black of it underneath. As he watched the fire, he almost became entranced by it, until Denen spoke once more, asking if he enjoyed stories. His head turned from the fire, and he looked towards Denen, smiling as he did, and said, "I do enjoy stories... my uncle used to tell them to me to try and quell my fear of sleep when I was younger... He had the most wildest imagination one might think of, at least that's what I thought. But... if you have any stories, or enjoy telling them, I wouldn't mind hearing one or two..." Perhaps it would be a good way to get to know each other, as he looked towards Denen, admiring his hair, as well as the stone he had within it.

Leto would then listen to anything Denen had to say, giving him the uptmost attention, and hoping the scars upon him didn't draw that much attention. His leather vest hung open, unbuttoned as his triangle tattoo with a line across it was showing in the very center of his chest. He had a few glyphic words written in a semi circle above his belly button, and other glyphs up and down his arms as well as chest. About the only part of him that wasn't really tattooed with some form of glyphs happened to be his backside and his back. Other than that, he had various forms of glyphs tattooed upon him, and his windmark, the large triangle in the center of his chest, which he always said represented 'Split Power', as the triangle could be a symbol for power, but it was split in half via the line across it.

Leto would allow his eyes to trail away from Denen then, and look back towards the firepit, remembering times when his uncle would build elaborate fires. He didn't remember much of his childhood, but then again, after the trauma that happened to him, he likely would never remember the time before he lost his parents and younger brother. As soon as Denen began to speak again though, Leto's attention would be drawn back towards him, in an effort to maintain a constant watch on him, as new as an aquaintance as he was, Leto was quick to make friends, and form relationships, that is, when he wanted to...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on January 31st, 2011, 6:18 am

Denen had never struggled with getting along with one, set gender. His friends had, for the most part, been girls. He had two older sisters who had coddled and babied him since birth, especially the eldest of the two. They had carried him far longer than he should have been carried about, but his small size had made it easy, and the blinding headaches that accompanied his ear infections had rendered him babyish. In truth, it had been a bit of a shock to him when they started having babies. He had been, admittedly, jealous as a little boy of his nieces and nephews. Of course, his sisters had tended to him as much as they could, but they had families of their own, leaving him, as the youngest by far, quite alone. He'd hung around Jada and Pebble, wandering and doing his best to learn, but he got bored, like all children do, and often wound up wandering to open spaces with Reth to feel closer to his deceased mother.

Denen's blue eyes turned to Leto, and he offered a meek smile. He fiddled absently with the gem Sam had given him, and looked to the fire. The flames illuminated his features prettily, a soft sigh leaving his lips. “M-My father...told a s-story I l-liked...very much...” It hurt to talk, and he wondered if he would be able to make it through the tale without straining his voice entirely. He wanted to tell it. It had been so long since he'd sat near a fire and told a story to anyone. Usually, he wove tales with his hands, but that wasn't an option here. If he wanted to communicate with Leto, he'd have to talk. “D-Do you know...The s-story of the...the w-woman who c-crossed death and...and the W-Web to ret-turn to her...l-lover?” He looked to Leto for his answer, patient, smiling warmly. It was a story he'd been told countless times, and had laid in bed listening to again and again until he fell asleep. He had never grown weary of it, and he doubted that he ever would.

He had often dreamed of being the recipient of such love, or of loving someone that intensely. He was sure he would do whatever he could, were he to die, to return to Sama'el. But those thoughts were dark, and he didn't want to entertain them. Things weighed heavily enough on his mind as it was, without the added stress of thinking of death and darkness. Had they not seen enough of it? It was part of their lives, but he wanted to be happy. Things were different now. Life was different. He tucked loose hair behind his ear and gave a soft sigh, his breath hanging on the air. It was comfortable near the fire, and the night was becoming quiet as the world around them prepared for rest. He intended to get there soon as well, where he could snuggle up with Sam and savor the warmth. It was much better than sleeping alone.

He began the story then, doing his best to speak clearly and slowly. “B-Back when our p-people first...first began to spr-spread their f-fingers across the land, there w-was a man who l-loved his wife very...much. They w-were young and b-beautiful, and blessed by the g-g-gods. The woman g-got with child, and her husband w-was...was overjoyed.” He swallowed hard then, giving his voice a moment to rest. He smiled then, and his eyes shone. “But...B-But when the day came, the w-woman...was claimed by...by Dira, leaving h-her young husband...w-with their...baby boy. The h-husband was devastated, and thought...h-he would join her as well.” He smiled to himself, shivering. When he continued, his voice was a whisper, “The man...w-went out into the Sea of G-Grass. He knelt...there f-for a very long t-time, praying that h-he might be taken as well. But as the s-sun rose, a beautiful...Strider m-mare came over the horizon, w-with the Goddess h-herself at her back. And h-he knew, it w-was his w-wife returned to him. She watched...watched ov-over them for m-many years, until...the man was old, and h-his Pavilion was filled with life and children. And then, one day, they r-rode into the Sea of Grass, and were never seen again.”
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mixcoatl on April 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Leto

Experience
None

Lore
Language Difficulties
Being a Clutz
Denen (Basic)
Recounting One's Bonding
Love Transcends All

Denen

Experience
+1 Riding
+2 Storytelling

Lore
Assuming Everyone Speaks Your Way
Admitting to being a Clutz
Leto (Basic)
Recounting One's Childhood
Sharing Stories Around a Fire

Additional Notes: Shame this had to end early! Looked like it had some potential D:

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or, in the future, would like to continue this thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous