[Flashback]Unexpected Company[Bellerophon]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Emizal Silverden on April 10th, 2011, 3:48 pm

30th day of Fall 508 A.V.

OOCEmizal would be 15 in this thread, Bollerophon would be around 17, maybe 16 depending on the season he was born. Emizal doesn't look like she does now, she is lanky and has freckles she also hasn't become womanly so she pretty much is as flat as a board. Really no curves what so ever haha. Let me know if this date is to late for your PC for I can change it.

13th day of Spring, 494 A.V.

Emizal was told that she would be on her own today. She huffed and whined for she wanted to train with her brothers and father, but was told that it would be impossible for today. The fifteen year old stood and watched as her brothers and father left for the day. "This isn't fare.." she spoke out loud as they left, only her favorite brother turned and smiled before he too left. She kicked some dirt out side of their pavilion, upset that the day was to be spent working indoors with her mothers and sisters. Emizal had a heart of a warrior, she knew it and so did her family. Keeping her indoors was like keeping a hunting fox in a cage, it just wasn't possible.

Her mothers put her to work doing house chores, she did them with complaints on how she needed to practice. "I dont see why Im doing this! Its not like I will marry next year! I should be out there training!" she spoke back to her mother when asked to watch her little sibilings. Her mother hand came accross her face, for Emizal showed disrespect. It was expected, for in her family respect for eachother came first, then love. She sat there with small tears in her eyes, "Im sorry mother.." she spoke with a bit of sourness in her voice. Her mother sighed and hugged her daughter "If you want to go, then go, nothing is stopping you. Just understand that your chores mush be finished by the time your father gets home with your brothers." Emizal smiled at her loving mother. She truly understood, and wanted only what her daughter wanted.

Emizal then kissed her mother on the cheek and ran to her room. She grabbed her bow and arrows, and looked around for proper shoes to wear. After preparing she skirted off the camp site, heading for the training area she often visited. The day was warm, with just a light hint of a cold breeze, the sun was shining with little clouds. It was a good day for training, but not for bow. For it was too windy for her to fly her arrow straight. She pouted as she figured this out after a couple practice shots. The Arrows where hitting their targets, just not where she was aiming. She threw her long bow down and let out a scream. "WHY!!" she sat in the dirt, pulling at her long brown hair, that was currently down, reaching all the way down to her backside. "If I went with father, at lest I would be able to practice hand to hand." she sat there like this for what seemed like hours. But in truth was only minutes. "I need to find some one to practice with.." She went through members of the Diamond clan that would make a good sparing partner only to come up with no one. Then she thought about calling her cousin Riki, but he was such a soft hearten person she knew that he would decline. She was at a stand still, laying down with her long legs crossed, she tossed her hands behind her. Her freckled face squinting at the glare of the sun. Her dark brown hair splattered around her head, showing light shades of chocolate and red. If only she was more femine and not so awkward looking, then maybe staying inside and doing chores would make sense. Emizal she was neither hideous nor beautiful, just in an awkward teen stage. With her sixteen birthday soon approaching, no man has come forth with a engagement. "Better that way." she spoke out load to no one but her self, "Ill do better serving my family by being a warrior. Now if only..." hse trailed off as she sighed. What a waste of a perfect day.

Going to be gone for a while, but will be able to post, just not as often as I want.
Emizal Silverden
Of The Diamond Clan

Words: 36164
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Bellerophon on April 11th, 2011, 10:46 pm

OOCThat works for me, since 17 is the age I planned for him to have just made his pivotal hunt. The thread could end with his getting banished if you would like, then your character seems more attached with his past for the (hopeful) meet up again when they are older

He was woken up roughly this morning, told that they were to travel again. Bellerophon was used to this, as was every child within the nomadic race of Drykas. His father gave him leave to hunt to bring back some breakfast, while some of the younger siblings would pack his belongings for the journey.

Bellerophon went out with sword in hand feeling giddy. After all, only yesterday he had received his windmarks. His head throbbed from the celebration last night and the earliness of the hour, but the pain coming from his tattoos was not at all unpleasant. He was now a full Drykas. He wore no shirt to proudly display the intricate designs splayed now across his chest and shoulders, and only green tinted breeches and boots. The only piece of jewelry he wore was a necklace made out of the teeth of the golden glassbeak he had slain the night before.

He came back about an hour later, with some slow moving creatures he had managed to slay and some foolish creatures that had fallen prey to some traps that his father had taught him how to make. Already the pavilion was down, and they had to quickly cook the meat and eat it on the go.

As they walked his father explained why they were moving so suddenly, something he hadn't have done before his full membership. Apparently there were an unusually high number of glassbeaks around their camp, possibly having something to do with his recent honor. In any case, they would be moving for safety, and it was told that they were heading towards the Diamond clan. Bellerophon himself had not much interaction with other clans, and so was greatly excited about all this.

When the two clans finally caught sight of each other, Bellerophon said his hellos to the elders in the opposite clan, but soon longed to meet up with some of his own age. He was given permission to wander around the campsite, which he promptly did.

He eventually made his way off the campsite and onto what looked like some sort of training ground. There were targets set up for archery, much like what his own clan did. However, Bellerophon had always preferred the sword over the bow, and thus had not much skill. Still, this place was bound to have some of the Diamond clan his own age.

Speaking of which, he suddenly heard a voice seemingly from no where. With a little searching, he found the source. There was a girl laying down in the grass, talking to herself. So far she was the only one around that seemed close at all to his age, so why not? Besides, he reasoned, she seemed like she was having a bad day.

"Well, most warriors that I know do not lay around in the grass all day." He chimed in with a smile in his voice. He did not want to startle the poor girl too much, or possibly get an arrow through his throat if she reacted in a threatened manner with that bow he saw lying next to her.
Bellerophon

"Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
The center lights around your vanity
But surely heaven waits for you"
Bellerophon
Monster Hunter

Words: 3383
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 4:27 am
Character sheet

Postby Emizal Silverden on April 18th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Emizal was about to close her eyes and start to meditate when a voice of a young man shouted out to her. She rolled her eyes, rude, the proceeded to say, “And most of the men I know are out training or hunting with their fathers…” she lift her head to see a boy about her age standing over her with his sword and fresh wind marks, this made her feel even worse, “But never mind for you are only a child.” She laid there still, irritated that some boy, or man, what ever he was, caught her laying down doing nothing. What a bad day. She rolled over to her stomach to get a better look at the kid, he wasn’t someone she knew, so he must be new to this part or at least her clan. Emizal didn’t feel like introducing her self properly as she should of. This guy, even though he was now a full member of the community, didn’t seem to mind. Her bright blue eyes pierced him as she took in his appearance, she guessed that he must be slightly older then what she expected at first, maybe a few years older.

“Im Emizal, daughter of the Silverden pavilion.” She mumbled as she pushed her self up to a sitting position, “And you are?” she raised an eyebrow. She was some what put out, due to the fact of the epic fail of her practice. She waited for his response and then finally stood. The boy was taller then she, which was expected, he was filled out, probably from training, and seemed to have a hunters insight. Really different from what she was exposed to, after all she grew up with healers and warriors her whole life, she looked past him and saw a group of older Drykas, also not part of her clan, she came to the conclusion that he was not of the Diamond clan, and not of the Opal clan, only leaving a few out there to be apart of. She felt strange not talking to him and some what bad for being so rude, even though he was first. “If you would like to use this training area go ahead, but I wouldn’t try bow today, for it is far to windy for the arrows.” She looked to the ground as she picked up her bow, detaching the string and wrapping it around her wrist. “Though I see you have a sword,” she looked around to the targets, “which I see no use for that in this arena.” All of the targets where set up for arrows, not swords, the only other training you could possibly do in this area was hand to hand combat. She looked back to the boy, “ehh..yeah…” she felt awkward again. So she decided to do what she did best. "So..." she looked around..."Why are you here?" making he only more awkward and alienated.
OOCThat would be a great idea, but she wouldn't be hunting at this point of time, only if it was with her father or brothers. Maybe we can do a thread after that, like he just comes in and she is there, trying to convince the elders for your forgiveness? Also fyi Emizal is very awkward at this age, she doesn't really know how to act around boys that are not in her family. So be prepared for her to do stupid things...

Going to be gone for a while, but will be able to post, just not as often as I want.
Emizal Silverden
Of The Diamond Clan

Words: 36164
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Character sheet