[Amondaris' Scrapbook] Shackle Keep

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Amondaris on April 21st, 2011, 1:51 pm

Ugh. So full. Open prawn salad is amaaazing. So much delicious fruit and vegetables and PRAWNS. Mm. Prawns.

Which reminds me. I heard about this restaurant on the radio the other day, in Zurich. Apparently there's this place that hires only blind or severely visually impaired staff. The reason for this? The customers eat in total, absolute darkness. I find the idea to be very novel and highly interesting, and would love to try it sometime. I imagine the sensory deprivation would enhance the taste somewhat, but it'd be cool regardless.

Anywho. I am, again, in Castle Archdale. Family tends to go here all Summer and during any real break, and most weekends. I get very bored very fast here, and the net sucks, so I tend to stay back at home. But at least it's pretty. Behold.

This is veeery picture heavy, so be warned.

Secret :
This be the office of the site, and the barriers to the private resident area. Where I am. *puts on sunglasses* Yeah.
Le shop/bar/restaurant/chippy place. Not open in the pic, but it's the social hub of the site.

Behold! Toilets!

This is one of the cabins for the rich people to buy/rent. Posh much.

Secret :
Family's static/van. Not that glamourous, but hey. Image

INSERT LOTS OF RANDOM PHOTOS GO

Secret :

Secret :
The lake!

Secret :
Outside my house.
Baby bird I saved not once, not twice, but three frickin' times. Stupid thing.
Church beside my old school one mownin'. Reminds me of Silent Hill..
Warden, the beach I spent most of my childhood on. Good times!

So yeah. That's Archdale/random places. Relaxing place to be. I'm quite content and happy at the moment. Good weather, nice locale, no work to do, plenty of writing time and someone is making me very happy currently. Life's lookin' up.

Vengeance , Honour, Strength.

Useless, to deny the flood,
The Rage, the Beast we keep chained within.
With slavering jaws and wicked teeth.
The will that binds, so very thin,
To drown us all in blood,
And choke us all beneath.

-Amondaris.
Amondaris
Sword of the North

Words: 130093
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Amondaris on May 10th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Today, was a pretty good day. I'm making a note here, huge success.

Ah, Portal. I love thee so. Anywho.

As some of you may or may not know, I've been involved with the making of two movies for two groups in my college class, my own and a friend's who asked me to act in it. Today, we did a showing of the (largely) finished short films for the rest of the class and two random girls who were working in our computer lab. I was dreading putting ours up, because we had only half the movie done before our cameraman and such left for Spain for two weeks. So we had half a movie to somehow forge into a proper movie all on it's own. And there's no dialogue, and only two actors. I was one of them. Naturally, I was a bit hesitant about other people seeing this unfinished frankenstein abomination of a movie, but...They loved it. Visually amazing, they said it looked like a proper film, and everyone was pleased with it. I even got a compliment or three. Lecturer said I looked like Snake from MGS, sounded like Christian Bale when he did Batman's voice and in our own movie I apparently look like Keanu Reeves. I have a "chiseled jaw" and have great presence on film. Apparently. Handed out some peer feedback sheets. Lecturer wrote that I was very natural and convincing in the film. I am chalking this one down as a success.

To celebrate this, and finishing up college for this year, we're all going out this weekend as a class. We invited the lecturer, too, as he's a damned cool guy. It'll be the first time we've gone out as a class, and should be fun. Chinese buffet followed by a short tenure at the bar, then picking up food and lots of drink, then driving alllll the way back to my house to Rock Band it up and get up to other mischief. I'm seriously looking forward to this. Here's hoping it goes to plan.

Vengeance , Honour, Strength.

Useless, to deny the flood,
The Rage, the Beast we keep chained within.
With slavering jaws and wicked teeth.
The will that binds, so very thin,
To drown us all in blood,
And choke us all beneath.

-Amondaris.
Amondaris
Sword of the North

Words: 130093
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet