A Syliran Surf and Turf (Rayque)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Dimitri on April 14th, 2011, 5:21 am

Dimitri saw the panther leap tiredly away from the struggling bear. As the bear attempted to rise, the panther delivered the finishing blows. He watched the large cat collapse beside the now dead bear. The cat appeared slightly injured but not in any danger of dying. A tinge of worry struck him. Why was the panther attacking the bear in the first place, and the fact that injured animals were often more dangerous. He could probably handle it, should it attack but had no desire to. Especially since in a weird unbelievable way it felt as if it had helped him. He wanted to help the injured feline, but had no knowledge in that field, and didn't feel like getting near the claws and jaws of the injured cat.

It appeared to rest for a few moments, then struggled to stand up. The creature looked into his icy blue eyes with it's large green predator eyes. Dimitri thought he saw more than a simple beast within that beastly gaze. He thought he could sense thought and concern. That couldn't possibly be the case though, after all it was just a beast, although inappropriately placed in these woods. He watched the creature slink off behind a tree. He assumed it to be a mutual agreement of going one's own way. He stood up, the soreness beginning to set in.

Dimitri saw a woman appear from behind the tree the panther had just disappeared behind. He was a bit startled as he looked her over. She was fairly thin, long black hair, and very familiar green eyes. Eyes he had seen mere moments before. He then saw the scrapes on her face, in a similar area the panther had been injured. He sheathed his sword, as she asked of his condition. He did a mental check over. His left thigh felt bruised from where the bear slammed into him. He had three shallow gashes in his right shoulder, bleeding slightly but not too horrible. His rins and chest were sore, but nothing felt broken. All in all nothing a little maintenance in town couldn't take care of. "I'll be okay, how are your injuries?" He asked nonchalantly, figuring she wouldn't press how he knew who she was, being somewhat obvious.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Rayque on April 18th, 2011, 10:59 pm

The man was not completely stupid, unlike some that Ray had met, which was relieving in a way. She saw the man take account of his own injuries as he asked about hers. Ray could still feel the stinging from her eye, and a few sore muscles, but that was all. It would not take her much time to recover completely and continue on her way, but she figured it wasn’t going to be that simple. It was possible that the man would just leave, and then she could leave as well, but he might have questions for her… like why she attacked a beast larger than her just to help him… but Ray didn’t know. Generally she would not have, for her instincts were to simply keep herself safe and not care about others.

“I’m okay, just a few scratches,” her hand reached up to vaguely touch the minor wound and she grimaced as it stung even more. Ray walked slowly over to the lake and kneeled down beside it. Her hands reached down, scooping up the water and splashing it on her face. The cool water made the stinging lessen, and for that, Ray was grateful. Another splash was given to her face, and then she ran her hands lightly over her face other then where the scratches were. This took some of the excess water off, and she shook her head slightly from side to side. Glancing up at the man, her face remained unreadable.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Rayque
Syliras's Street Leopard

Words: 23984
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 1:38 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dimitri on April 20th, 2011, 2:05 am

"Well that's a relief, thanks for your help. I must be getting back, but if you ever need a favor from a Squire, look me up. The name's Dimitri Chenkov. Do you need any assistance?" He bent over the dead bear, and drew his hunting knife from his pack. He pushed it onto it's side, grunting under the strain of it's weight. He then sliced it down it's stomach, and up it's four legs. He then began slicing the fur from the muscle. This took him a while, and he rolled the bloody mass of muscle and organs out of the fur. He laid the fur out flat and cut off some of the meat from the creature's shoulders and flanks. He then wrapped it up in the fur and tied it shut.

He then gathered up his fishing gear. He put his sword on his hip, tied the strung fish to his pole and slung it over his shoulder. He then hoisted the furry makeshift sack over his shoulder. He looked at the dark, pretty woman. "I really do owe you one, any guard will find me if you ask. I do hope you are okay. But I must go. Thank you my lady." He bowed slightly. He knew this would likely confuse the kelvic since many were considered second class citizen. But helping him was a very human thing to do. He wouldn't forget it easily. He turned and began walking back to Syliras, whistling lightly. He would sell the meat the butcher of Alban, the fur at All Things Leather, and the fish to the squire dining hall kitchens. He was glad he met this strange woman out here in the woods, always made life interesting to find helpful individuals in a chaotic world.

OOCHey, I figured you could end it in your next post, then I'll turn it in. Would you like to do another?
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Archon on April 27th, 2011, 5:13 am

Illumination of Development

Dimitri
  • +2 Longsword
  • +2 Fishing
  • +2 Swimming
  • +1 Field Dressing

Lores: Fly Fishing (Basic), Killing a bear

Other: 10 lbs poor cuts of bear meat, small piece of poor quality bear fur, 5 lbs Fish

Care to see more? :
Bits of Longsword, Fishing, and Swimming experience for your work on those aspects, and a touch of Field Dressing for slicing up the bear.

Rayque
  • +3 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Stealth

Lores: Growling makes hiding less effective, Killing a bear

Care to see more? :
Most of your work was in fighting the bear, so most of your experience is in Unarmed Combat. Also a little bit of Stealth experience for your attempts to hide at first.

Notes: A nice little adventure in the wilderness. :) You did a pretty good job writing everything out, but to me the fight with the bear felt a little far fetched. Considering both of you are novice in the combat skills you were using it felt a bit off that you managed to take down a bear in close combat with just some bruises and scratches. I do think it was possible for you two to take down the bear, but I would have liked to see it be more difficult and dangerous for you to do so with your current experience. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous