[Flashback] Little Warriors [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Flashback] Little Warriors [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on March 16th, 2011, 6:39 am

Eldon was of course pleased that he was not only in the lead, but gaining distance. He was bigger, a little faster, headstart or not he would have one. He kept glancing over his shoulder to see how far Kashik was behind him, until that is once that she bit the dirt and tumbled. Eldon stopped so suddenly that he stumbled and nearly crashed himself, then he ran back towards Kashik, perhaps faster than he had been running away from just moments before. "Ah man, Kashik. Are you okay?" Eldon was certain now that somehow this blood was going to be linked to him, as if Kashik's father would know just by seeing it and smelling some distant lingering smell of Eldon that he would be able to hunt the Sunkiss child down and wring his neck. "Oh, okay. Let's see."

Eldon frantically searched as Kashik twirled about, he didn't see anything besides that one spot where she hit a rock. Eldon pulling his bottom lip into his mouth and bit down on it. Trying to think of what to do. What would a healer do? He turned around, the water wasn't that far. "Here, let's walk to the water. Do you think it will help? Or we can go back, I don't care. I'm sure someone in Endrykas will have something to help you if it hurts too much." Eldon glanced back at the arm, wincing lightly as if it was he who had sustained the damage rather than Kashik. "I don't know what to do." Eldon stood ready to help Kashik walk, either to the river or back to the Pavilions. She looked like she could walk fine, but if not, he would let her lean against him. If he was strong enough to carry her far, he would have offered.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on March 16th, 2011, 7:48 pm

She blinked as he fussed over her, looking as worried as a mother with a newborn. What a strange little boy, she thought to herself, and just stared at him a moment. But he was good fun, and did what she said, and that was all she really needed. A grin burst across her face and she dissolved into giggled, trying to cover her mouth but failing. She had a friend! Yes, he would be her friend. No choice in the matter, she'd decided it and it would be so.

"You don't have to do anything," she said, still giggling, and situated her arms so she could pull the sleeve up and show him the scrape. It was fairly shallow and, though it dribbled some blood it wasn't an excessive amount. "See? Not bad at all. If I went home they'd just wash it and tell me to let it scab over. Doesn't even need stitches - it'd be bleeding a whole lot more if it did," she said, eyes widening. "One time I was practicing spears with Ruvi and we weren't supposed to be using real spears but we were, and he caught me on the arm here, see?" she said, shoving the sleeve up even higher to reveal a silver scar on her upper arm. "They had to stitch that so I know this one's fine. And the stitching was worse than the wound! Oh, sweet petching gods, that hurt," she groaned, leaving the sleeve shoved up and just grabbing his hand with her non-bloody one. "And then Da whipped us both on top of that. Not a good day for me. C'mon let's go swimming. You may have to rip my sleeve off so it doesn't get stuck to my blood. Do you have any interesting scars?" she asked, barrelling through the conversation as she tugged him towards the water once more.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Words: 136797
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 2:47 am
Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on March 16th, 2011, 10:34 pm

"I don't get what's so funny." Eldon frowned now, obviously caught being silly in that situation. He was just trying to help, and apparently that wasn't needed. He didn't much like being laughed at either. He pouted. "It's not very funny." Eldon saw the scrape, and sure enough, she would live. He sighed and nodded, accepting gratefully that she wouldn't need to be carried back. Eldon examined her scar with a wide gaze and much intrigue. He even forgot he was undignified he was so entranced. He hadn't used a real weapon before, except for a knife and it wasn't even made for combat. He almost reached out to touch it to see if it hurt still. He was impressed, and even a little jealous. He would love to hold a real weapon someday. "That sounds like a bad day." Soon enough, the two of them were continuing their journey down to the river. Swimming plans were apparently not to be canceled for anything, be it pain or blood. Eldon shook his head slowly. "No, I don't have any scars. I guess it helps that I have no brothers to fight with and I'm too young to make water. My dad has a lot of scars, Wind Marks too." Eldon smiled, his eyes finally landing on the water! Yay! He knew he was ready to get wet, and assumed that she was too, since it was her idea to begin with.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on March 16th, 2011, 10:52 pm

"Well, I have a ton of brothers to fight with. If you ever want to train, you should just come over to our place. Or I could teach you! I haven't learned much yet, but I'm not bad with a spear. Bremon's top-notch at it, though, and he never minds giving me a lesson. I'm sure he'd teach you too since you're my friend now." A simple declaration, easily made and impossible to break, so said the tone of her voice.

When they finally reached the river, she bounced a little in excitement. "Come on!" she giggled, kicking off her boots and unbuckling her leather belt to keep it from ruining in the water. "I'm not very good at swimming, but we can stay in the shallow, right? Oh, do you have a windmark? I forgot to ask if you have a Strider yet," she said.

She stood waiting for him to get himself ready to swim. Once he was, she laughed and shoved him right into the river. "That's for running faster than me!" she giggled, hands on her hips in triumph.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on March 17th, 2011, 12:16 am

"That would be so cool! I've seen my dad work with a spear a little, but he hasn't taken the time to teach me anything yet. He's super busy and stuff." Eldon nodded as he admitting his willingness to be taught by Kashik, even if she was a girl. He grinned as he sat down and started to peel his own boots off. By the time he had gotten himself barefoot, Kashik was already standing in the water, waiting for him.

"Yeah, sure. Shallow water is fine." Eldon stood back up, peeled his shirt off and tossed it over by his boots. Then, with one giant leap, he soared through the air and splashed into the water. "Windmarks? No, I don't - Wah!"

Eldon fell face down into the water, the second splash of the day after he was pushed. He scrambled a moment to sit up on his knees. He coughed lightly as he began to rub his eyes, trying to draw the water from them. "That's not fair! Not my fault you're slow!" Eldon stuck his hands underwater, making a semi-cup and threw water back at Kashik, hardly enough to soak her as much as he already was. "Should have known you'd cheat." Eldon stuck his tongue out at Kashik as he started to work on standing up.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on March 17th, 2011, 12:59 am

Kashik gave a piercing shriek as she got soaked by his splashing, the sort that only a child in the throes of too much fun can make. It soaked the front of her clothes, and managed to get some of her hair as well.

"It's not cheating!" she said, still grinning as she put her hands on her hips and looked down her nose at him. "It's smart use of a tactical advantage," she said, enunciating carefully.

And then a perfectly wicked smile twisted her lips, and she kicked a rather impressive amount of water his way. With that, the splash-fight was begun in earnest, complete with squeals of delight and despair depending on how good they got each other.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on April 3rd, 2011, 3:13 pm

Eldon jumped up, grinning like only a child could when he was having the time of his life, and he pointed a mock-aggressive finger at his new friend. "That's dishonorable, I will make you pay!" Eldon lashed out various furious kicks at the water, causing more splashing and flying droplets in the general direction of Kashik.

Eldon then turned as he heard something, a sound in the water, something hitting the surface very close to him, but sinking instantly. "Hey you idiots! This place is mine!" Another boy, a year or two older than Eldon and certainly about twenty pounds heavier than him, walked into the water. He was Drykas, spoke Pavi well enough, and he had it in his head that this creek, or at least this section, was under his control. Eldon snarled lightly, glaring at this new boy. He was holding a rock, he probably threw one at Eldon just a second ago. It would explain the sound.

"Get lost Fat-ass." Eldon felt a knot swell in his throat, he didn't want to fight such a big kid, but dammit, he didn't want to look scared or weak in front of Kashik. Men didn't get scared. Men fought when they thought they would lose, and tried to find peaceful methods if they know they can win a fight. Eldon glanced back at Kashik. "What do you think about this?"
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on May 6th, 2011, 1:06 am

Kashik stopped splashing when Eldon did, and stared over at the larger boy with a look of utter shock on her face, her mouth popped open. She stayed that way until Eldon asked her what she thought - and then her small features twisted and her face flushed with fury even as her hands balled into fists.

"Did you just throw a rock at us?" she shrieked, voice going high in her anger. "I know you didn't just throw a petching rock at us. You better turn your fat ass around and go back to your mama's tent before I come over there and box your ears!" she said, hands going on her hips as she sloshed through the water to stand at Eldon's side.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Previous