Target Practice(Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Target Practice(Open)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on January 6th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Jarhal gave the knight the same look over he gave everyone else, trying to commit the more identifiable aspects to memory. The crossbow on the man's back was all that drew a reaction, though. Crossbows were too mechanical for Jarhal's taste, and he had seen few Drykas use one for whatever the reason. If the man's attire didn't give away he was foreign then the crossbow did.

"Prey never stops being wily, so a hunter cannot stop being vigilant. Cold or not." Not to mention keeping yourself busy kept your mind off the cold.

It was not surprising that Raylin was somewhat uncomfortable with his bow, it was a great deal different from a longbow as far as these things went.
"Well, that's much better than I did my first shot." He left out that he was about nine years old when he first shot a composite bow. "It's really not all that different, just smaller... and you can't let it get too wet or it loses it's power."
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Target Practice(Open)

Postby Wystern on January 6th, 2011, 9:36 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, Raylin, I am Wystern of Syliras. Please call me Wys," He said with a warm smile. And then he remembered that the girl wanted to visit Sunberth which slowly wiped his expressions blank again. He shuddered thinking about the place.

Wys shrugged and began inspecting the crossbow, seeing if it was practice-worthy. He pulled on the string, checked the safety, looked down sites and satisfied, started loading the weapon with a grin spreading on his lips. Finally, something went right for a change.

He grabbed the stirrup with his left hand and yanked the string with his right, placing it behind the nut. He grunted slightly as he did, the string either had to be pulled quick, or it would take much more effort to do it. Had it been a heavier pull, the string would just jerk out of his hand. Wys loaded the bolt and aimed down the sights, again to check if it was aligned right. After he was finally satisfied, he pointed the weapon down, patiently waiting his turn.

Wystern then looked at the hunter in front of him. And then at the dog, shuddered again, a couple of memories of attack dogs spinning through his mind. Then he looked at the man again, finally asking, "And what would be your name?"

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Target Practice(Open)

Postby Raylin Sunsetfeather on January 9th, 2011, 1:36 pm

"It's nice to meet you Wys." Raylin gave a smile to the man before making sure nieth men were about to fire. When she figured that they probably wouldn't at that moment, She ran down the line to go and grab the arrows. One by one she took out the arrows that had been fired, she left Jarhal's first arrow though. She bent down and with one hand grabed some dirt. Then Raylin made a ring around the original arrow. It was difficult but she managed to push the dirt into the cresses in the grass that made up the target. She then took out the other Drykas' arrow and ran back.

After Raylin had seprated her arrows from Jarhal's she turn to him and said "Here you go." before handing them to him. "Would you like to try my long bow?" she asked the drykas boy, "Because you let me try your composite bow it would only be fair."
Raylin Sunsetfeather
I sit between the montains and the plains.

Words: 34984
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2010, 1:05 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Target Practice(Open)

Postby Mixcoatl on May 8th, 2011, 8:55 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Jarhal

Experience
+4 Weapon: Composite Bow

Lore
Reminiscing
Wind Reach (Basic)
Saving your Dog's Self-Respect
Making Travel Plans

Raylin

Experience
+2 Weapon: Longbow

Lore
Congratulating a Friend
Being Threatened
Making Travel Plans
Falyndar (Basic)

Wystern

Experience
+1 Weapon: Crossbow

Lore
None

Additional Notes: Shame this died before it finished! If you would like to continue, or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous