[Letters] This is the Best I Can Do (Felakal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Sulavik on April 14th, 2011, 12:54 pm

1st Spring 511AV

OOCA series of letters between Sulavik and Felakal. The timestamp is the date they were delivered - Felakal in Riverfall, Sulavik in Ravok.

A tall Akalak, his skin a dark forest green, strolled down to the beach where it was said the young Akalak Felakal resided. "Felakal!" he called out, again and again. He did not know where the boy lived. He only knew he was there. "FELAKAL!" he called, and Felakal, came, puzzled. "I have a letter for you," the Akalak said abruptly. "From Ravok." Foisting the letter upon the boy, he left quickly, his business done.

THE LETTER:

Hey kiddo,

Let me start off by saying I miss you, man. I missed your Rite of Manhood, I know that's awful. How did that go, by the way? I bet you killed that Zith barehanded. You're an amazing fighter, Fel, you'll have done brilliantly, I know it.

Anyway, I know I left abruptly. I know I left without telling you why, or how, or anything. You would have woken up to hear that Sulavik had finally cracked, killed his poor uncle Jelis and vanished in the night.

The same thing people did to your parents.

I never wanted it to be like this. I know that's what people always say, but it's true. I fianlly got up the courage to tell my father, my uncle - you know how petching terrified I was. You know I was sure they wouldn't accept me. And, hey, I was right. They didn't.

My uncle LAUGHED at me, kiddo. He pointed a quavering finger in my face and laughed his little heart out. I couldn't stand it. I didn't stand it.

Makil appeared. The second soul I had waited forever for? Yeah, he's here now. I knew he would come. The surprising thing is, he's not that bad. I know Akalaks aren't supposed to say that, but, hey, I'm on my way to Cerulean anyway. Has yours come yet? I hope that, if he does, you're good buddies with him. Akalaks are too uptight. The second soul can be a beautiful friendship.

Felakal, kiddo, I am so sorry it took me so long to send this. I knew you would not be happy for me. I know you're probably sitting here, looking at my letter, fuming, angry that I left you. I never wanted to leave you. You're an amazing Akalak, Fel, and you'll always be my kiddo.

We'll see each other soon. You can't get rid of me, kiddo.

I guess there's not that much more to say. I can only hope that I'll get a reply soon. The wait from Ravok to Riverfall is about thirty days on a fast horse or ship, so I'll expect one soon.

Missing you kiddo, (and I mean it, I really do)

Sul
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Felakal on April 14th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Timestamp: 11th of Spring, 511 AV

After the messenger left, Felakal read the letter. He didn't know what to think. He had already forgiven Sulavik for what he had done. But taking this long to contact him... and what's this about Cerulean? And befriending his other soul?

The messenger had caught Felakal just as he was getting ready to finally set out of Riverfall. He knew pretty soon, that there would be nothing he could tell Sulavik in a letter. So rummaging through his backpack, he pulled out two Zith sulls. The blacksmith had the skin and other parts removed and returned the near-white skulls to him.

Felakal swiftly ran across the sand, calling out to the messenger. He stopped him just before he mounted atop his horse. "Wait!" He stopped once he got to him. "The man who sent this message, can you give him something?" Felakal asked him. the messenger replied with a nod.

He gave the messenger the two skulls. The messenger looked at him strangely. But shrugging, he slipped them into a saddlebag. And without saying a word he mounted his horse and took off.

"I'll be seeing you soon Sulavik. And when I do, you'll have some explaining to do."
Last edited by Felakal on April 15th, 2011, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sulavik on April 15th, 2011, 1:41 pm

42nd Spring

Sulavik was lounging around in his room at the Tarsin's Boarding House. He was avoiding going outside for now. Ravok was getting claustraphobic. He thought he might get more and more used to the unsafe nature of Ravok the longer he stayed, but he wasn't. The opposite seemed to be happening, with him becoming more and more paranoid about what might happen to him each time he stepped out of his room. But it seemed that he was also falling more and more in love with the city - he could not contemplate leaving. He was slightly addicted it seemed to the danger he was in at all moments. The rush he got each time he survived a trip outside was awesome. Better than that drug that the barmaid had given him.

"Oi, you!" he heard, followed by a hammerring on his door. He tried to ignore it - he was tired - tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but there was no such luck. The hammering did not desist. He rolled out of bed, groaning, irritated at the man. He opened the door, slowly, hesitant - bad things tended to happen when he got awoken like this. "I have ... a message for you," the man sneered, his lip curling. Sulavik opened the door further. "Alright, what is it?" he asked hesitantly.

Abruptly, two Zith skulls were shoved through the door into Sulavik's hands. He stumbled back, looking at them surprised. Was this a joke? A threat? He was about to ask, but the messenger beat him to it. "It's from Riverfall." He turned around and left Sulavik to his own devices - though Sulavik now had a large grin on his face. So, Felakal had passed his Rite of Manhood. Good job him. He wrote a brief message in return - but he had no idea if it would reach the kid.

THE LETTER:

Alright kiddo,

I get the point. You're annoyed at me. But good job. I taught you well.

See you soon, kiddo. Come find me in Ravok.

Sul.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Character sheet

Postby Felakal on April 16th, 2011, 8:49 am

Felakal was furious. How could Sulavik act as if everything was OK? He left, out of the blue and if with no warning. But he couldn't think about that now. He had to leave Riverfall before anyone found the bodies. The bodies of the two snake charmers.

He had lost one of his only friends. His horse, Kanaar. Now it was just him, Foreen, and Naturii. His hawk and eagle. Felakal swiftly moved back towards his canoe. Most of his belongings were already in the bed of the small boat.

Felakal silently placed his bag in the canoe next to his things. His birds were flying somewhere above him. They knew that they were leaving. At least, Naturii did. They had been together for so long. Felakal honestly didn't know why Naturii was still alive. She was his father's bird longer than he could remember. He didn't know how long eagles were supposed to live but it seemed like she was past her expiration date. She still seemed young and strong though.

Tears streamed down his dark blue face as he pushed the canoe out into the sea and hopping in. He remembered to slip on his boat boots before getting in.

Taking the paddle he began his long journey, his two birds watching from above, he left his home. Everything he ever knew. Just like Sulavik, he would become an outcast. And until he could take care of Morgrah, he would be marked as a cerulean as far as Riverfall was concerned.

He didn't know if he would return, but he knew he needed to see the world anyway. He had just always hoped he would see it with his friend Kanaar.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Smudge on May 8th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Time to reap what you have sown!

Just as we have two eyes and two feet, duality is part of life.

~Carlos Santana

Name of the character: Felakal

Skill points: None.

Lores: Sending wordless messages, Leaving Riverfall, Coming to terms with departure from home, Missing Kanaar and Travelling with the past behind and the world ahead.

Name of the character: Sulavik

Skill points: None.

Lores: Conveying emotion into words, Sharing truths, Nostalgia and Lack of danger is boring.

Additional comments: Pretty short for a thread, but still nicely done; I am sorry there wasn't anything more i could give you.
Smudge
Mizuriel incognito

Words: 13660
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 9:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Office