Arrows' Flight (Dymphna, Arand)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 15th, 2010, 6:00 am

There seemed little point in reiterating what Arand had said; it was tried and true knowledge. If Dymphna glanced to him for any sort of confirmation, he would nod encouragingly. But he was quiet as she began to take aim, trying to do things right although there were some mishaps. He did well not to laugh. Watching her form, he smiled at the little signs of improvement, and then followed the flight of the arrow.

It wasn't a bullseye, but it was on the target. His jaw dropped. There was just a moment of shock before his muscles started working again and he shut his mouth, tucking his own bow in the crook of his elbow to applaud. It was beginner's luck, perhaps, but he was glad she would have a small success to build her confidence.

"Perhaps you should be teaching me," he said, laughing. "I'm not sure I want to follow that performance." He leaned in to kiss her cheek, then trotted off to collect arrows.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dymphna on December 18th, 2010, 5:03 am

She stood with her hands over her eyes, nodding just a little at what Arand was saying. Arrows were complicated, she decided. She wasn’t sure she had the patience to try to master them, but… Well, if it pleased Sam for her to learn, she wasn’t going to put up a fight. “To the left or right,” she repeated carefully, trying to memorize what would have come as logical to most people.

At Sam’s response to her shot, she cracked a space between her fingers to peek through. Her mouth fell open. She’d hit the target? Really? Her hands fell before she let out a victorious cry. Clapping her hands together, she gave a couple short bounces.

All-in-all, Dymphna was delighted.
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Postby Arand on December 21st, 2010, 9:50 pm

Arand taken by surprise when the arrow hit the target. He had suspected her to send the arrow over the flying past the target but she managed to stick the arrow right in the target. Arand slightly grinned and slowly clapped his hands together. For a beginner it was definatly not a bad shot, especially when this was her second shot of the day.

"Wow...i didn't see that one coming. Nice shot" Arand said calmly.

Without thinking, or looking for that matter, Arand also released the arrow he had strung. Arand dropped his bow out of surprise and quickly turned toward where he had shot the arrow Luckily for him, no one hurt due to his stupidity. Actually the arrow had managed to hit the target, even though it was the outermost rim. Arand let out a sigh of relief and turned back toward Sam and Dymphna, pretending nothing had happened.
Arand
Player

Words: 5438
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2010, 7:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 22nd, 2010, 6:01 am

Sam blinked at Arand's sudden shot, glad he had returned from his arrow-collecting in time not to be skewered. His stomach was growling, though, so he turned to the girl he wanted to marry, though he hadn't told her yet, or perhaps he had and forgot due to one or another blow to the head. It seemed like a good idea to let her finish the day on a positive note, so she would be more inclined to practice in the future.

"Clearly you've a natural talent, Dymphna. But... um, I'm hungry." He blushed a little at the continued burbling of his belly. "Might we go get something to eat?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on January 1st, 2011, 3:18 am

She gave Arand a knowing little glance and a smile that said what had just happened was okay. One didn’t have to hit the middle of the target all the time.

Looking to Sam, her attention turned to his stomach before she let out a typical youthful giggle. She nodded a little at his question. Very carefully, she slung her bow about herself as she’d watched so many others do, and by some miracle she managed to not take her own eye out in the process.

“I think it was simply luck, Sam, but thank you for your high views of my skill… Or lack there of…”

She bit her bottom lip before holding out her hand to him.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arand on January 8th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Arand watched as the two of them began to pack up their things. Apparently Sam's stomach held a higher presedence over training. Arand stood there silently, still shocked by his blind shot. If someone had been back there collecting an arrow...Arand could have very well killed someone. He tried to forget it, but the "what if" scenario just kept on coming back. No one was back there...just forget about it he thought to himself. Arand turned his attention back to Dymphna and Sam.

"So i guess this is good bye for now?" Arand asked as he picked up his bow from the ground.
Arand
Player

Words: 5438
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2010, 7:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 9th, 2011, 5:53 am

"Farewell for now," Sama'el said, smiling to Arand. "We'll leave the field to you... Stop distracting you." He took Dymphna's hand after preparing himself to go. It wasn't so much that hunger was more important than training, but that hunger would prevent him from concentrating unless the circumstances were dire. Plus, Dymphna was distracting with her good looks, good smell, and general being.

"I'll practice more on my own so next time you both don't embarrass me."

He winked, saluted Arand, and prepared to go.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on January 11th, 2011, 8:59 pm

“Best of luck with your practice, Arand,” Dymphna chimed in happily. She wrapped her fingers about Sam’s, giving him a pleased smile. She wasn’t really that hungry, but she was rather talented at doing whatever Sam wanted to. Plus her fingers kind of hurt from the bow string – She needed to build calluses, but it wasn’t going to happen in a span of a few hours. Blisters, on the other hand, would.

“Sam, you’re just fine… We’ll practice more tomorrow perhaps.”
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Mixcoatl on May 8th, 2011, 11:10 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Sama'el

Experience
+3 Weapon: Shortbow
+2 Teaching
+1 Acrobatics

Lore
Comforting a Wounded Friend
Poking Fun at Wounded Friends

Dymphna

Experience
+1 Riding
+1 Herbalism
+3 Weapon: Bow (Don't know which one you're using, dear!)

Lore
Fearing the Sea of Grass
Correcting for the Wind

Arand

Experience
+3 Weapon: Shortbow
+2 Teaching

Lore
Hating on Couples
Correct Novice Mistakes

Additional Notes: There's your grading! Shame Arand had to quit, I liked him. D:

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous