Shuniah of the Kalanue Tribe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Postby Shuniah on May 18th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Shuniah

Image Image

Basic Information

Race: Chatkawe
Birthday & Age : 496

Physical Description

As many other desert dwellers she has light golden skin, ink black hair and eyes. Her small nose fits well with the rather wide mouth capable of showing quite the amount of teeth upon a wide honest smile. Her straight hair sometimes is so long it tickles the belly button at which Shun cuts it just a bit shorter. She often rearranges the hair in many fashions going from dreadlocks to fancy ball hairstyles. Makeup isn't for her, she figured the whole black eye thing and the tribal red stripes were quite enough as facial decorations. Shuniah also likes to shape the eyebrows from time to time, but for the majority she leaves them grow naturally and mix their shape with appropriate red stripes that blend in well with the whole geometry of her visage. As for her body, Shuniah is very proud of her slenderness and the leght of her limbs. It's almost as if she was stretched being pulled by arms and legs before birth. Her stomach is tense as a violin string although no particular muscles are visible, unlike the ones shaping the calves, the thighs and her back.

Character Concept
It is hard to describe Shuniah, some say she's a genius, some say she's pure madness. It is told that she smashed her head one too many times as a baby, but the truth is nobody can get into her head. The more she grew the more she was hard to control. Basically she does whatever pops in her mind, in the limits of the possible of course. However she is known to be very skilled in understanding the nature around her and curious about how things work. She likes to understand things by testing them, well, mainly destroying them.

" If it ain't broken don't fix it? Well I guess broken is a relative concept then"
-Shuniah before "fixing" something "broken"

"What? She told me that sometimes you need a push to get things done"
- Shuniah explaining why she pushed a friend down a 3 meters rock after she mentioned flight

Character History

"So, you want to hear my story? Then please take a seat I'l be glad to tell you. No one ever asks" calmly said Shuniah while sitting atop of a rock. Her guest was eager to know and she was eager to tell.

Early childhood:

My first memories are of my 5th year of life, before that, there are but episodes, small frames of existence that somehow managed to survive the imprint process
As a little girl I was, as most children, a normal, playing child, obeying the parents, doing my deeds and praying as everyone. Yet the twist began to bloom when I was eight. A particularly pesky “friend” of mine bumped his head on the rock cutting himself open on the forehead. There was a lot of blood and he was crying. Now I didn’t mean to be evil but that day was very boring and this episode, made me laugh. At the time I didn’t think about it but now, I sort of realize how...you know…fucked up the situation was. Everyone worried about this little jerk crying with blood all over his face, the other kids were in panic or serious and worried, and I…I was laughing, laughing at the situation, laughing at his pain. I think I was feeling superior you know? Above everyone else in this situation, which seems to be something I particularly enjoy. During the next years I would become more and more bored by normality, by peace and calm course of life. Until I myself would start triggering some episodes that would, in my little world, bring somewhat a chaos in our circle.

Late Childhood:

Later in my 12th year of existence, I was the silent, creepy type. I would still remain with the group but all I would really do was just endure the time spent with them hoping that something interesting would happen. My closest friend was, believe it or not, a boy with a scar on his forehead, yes the same one. We found our friendship through competition and rivalry. We would do often argue about who’s better in this or in that, which sometimes brought us to dare risky challenges, like who kills the biggest snake, the goddamn desert, despite being dead it’s also deadly…
However I was still very very bored by the constant, monotone life I was living, and maybe this is why my scar deformed friend was so interesting to me cause he would, I’d say, accept me as I am, not easy yet sad cause I knew It wouldn’t be good for him. I also started to read, inform myself about this and that from parents and elders. They were so happy to show off their “wisdom” and “knowledge” and the first thing I’ve learned was that you can have a different opinion on every subject, which I remember I found frustrating. How could one develop the mind if the only certain things are Death, Hunger, Sina by the day and Leth at night. That was frustrating and made me feel lost. I spent 2 years swinging between depression and wonder about what orbited around me. Pretty misty period of my life, don’t really remember much.

Teen age:

By the time I was 16 my perspective about the world was starting to form. I was seeing the reason I am like this, why the blood makes me so enthusiast, why madness and violence fascinated me, and the wicked part is that I loved what I was seeing. The ideas of morals and respect people tried to teach me were but wood for the fire of my inner revolution. Why would I accept to live a boring, senseless life? Why on earth should I refrain from doing something just because of a moral code of non-written rules? Why one should not only never question this code but also bend his own self to it? I was too young to think further and understand the reason of rules.
Yet inside I was starting to remodel reality as I saw it was, based on facts, evidences, or the statistics.

Now:

Well and now you see me, ran away from the desert, looking for fun and freedom first, knowledge second. I don’t mind hurting someone to get what I need, hah, sometimes I would hurt someone just for the genuine fun. Being a woman in a world of men has it’s advantages, show some “balls” and you’ll see how men instantly change their behavior towards you. If only it wasn’t for the creepy eyes nature rewarded me with…I could’ve done many more things, while now I have to cover my eyes however I can in order to not scare every third ignorant folk.

„so that’s it“ added she clapping the hands together, „story’s over, and just in time I see“ she smiled at her listener that so calmly and peacefully learned her story without interrupting. “You know friend, I envy you, time will not kill you, and you will not rot and stink like my grandmother in her last moments. Goodbye fellow, shall the fate decide, we’ll cross paths again”. She kissed on the lips and he didn’t say a word, even as she threw him, far in the river he didn’t say anything, Shuniah admired his calmness.

As she turned away to continue her journey the little stone hit the water and slowly reached the bottom.

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)

BodySkills
Skill Racial Starting Thread Total
Acrobatics 015010
Running 0505
Camouflage100010

CombatSkills
Sword-Catcher 019019
Dodging 0505

MindSkills
Mathematics 0303
Medicine 0303

Socialskills
Subterfuge0303
noticing details0202

Lores
Lore Explanation
Knowledge of falling In her life Shuniah trained hardly for acrobatics, but clumsiness was always around the corner. This caused her to learn, thru painful and degrading experiences, to land on the ground in any position without or preventing most of the damage. Flexing after landing, leaving the limbs relaxed to prevent damage are just a part of her knowledge in this camp, which makes Shuniah a good enemy of Gravity.
Disarming Despite the aggressive nature of her, Shuniah, often blinded by the wish of control, Always preferred to deprive her spar enemies from their weapons instead of having a proper combat. She trained since young with the sword catcher to use it at it’s best. Not only Shuniah knows every inch of her blade, she also learned to understand how people held their weapons and to capture the best moment to take it away.

Equipment and Possessions

Clothing
objectMaterial GM SM CM Thread
undergarmentscotton0125start pack
Riding bootsLeather200start pack
stockingsLlama wool400start pack
BreechesCotton100start pack
ShirtLlama wool100start pack
TunicLeather100start pack
Gloves Leather100start pack
Scarfwool010start pack
Hoodcotton00 6start pack
Cowlcotton02 0start pack
fingerbladeMetal04 0start pack

Backpack
itemprice
Waterskin SP
Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)SP
Food for a week SP
eating knifeSP
Flint & Steel SP
hatchet6sm
skin cream1gm
Sword-catcher9gm
Sword-breaker16gm

Ledger

Money balance
object income outcome Thread Total
Start+house600gm0-600gm
startpack additions026.6gm0573.4gm

Thread List
Last edited by Shuniah on December 16th, 2013, 12:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Common Tawna
Thoughts Travik(talk/thoughts)
Shuniah
Player

Words: 12827
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 8:35 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Shuniah on January 14th, 2014, 11:00 am

Hes usually on fire.

This little creature is made up of brilliant oranges and reds and is often seen on fire. Shuniah can hold it and its fire does not burn her like it perhaps might others. It is the size of her forearm, far bigger than most gecko's grow. And it goes by the name Travik. He is almost always present when she camps in the wilds in bonfires and cookfires, and when she's in the cities and villages, she can often see him in a smaller form (or just his eyes) in a candle flame or lighted lantern.

Some guardians are fierce and have booming voices, but Travik is more like an obnoxious pet monkey one cannot get rid of. He also has a penchant for stealing things - Shuniah's things - at inopportune times. He will offer her advice, though she is somewhat suspect of it, and will indeed help her out if the need arises. He will also leave her little things as offerings if he takes her stuff. And sometimes he will even give her a coin or two if she finds herself desiring a treat in a market with no money to pay for it. Travik is as indulgent as he is annoying though, and in the end he is an excellent ear for her to talk to and a great friend despite all the mischief he can cause.
Common Tawna
Thoughts Travik(talk/thoughts)
Shuniah
Player

Words: 12827
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 8:35 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet