[Knirin Gardens] Speaking to Yourself (Nisana)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Azurk on May 25th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Anger had been steadily broiling within him, for although he was not an especially sensitive character, random incidents could be enough to upset Kalik's unstable temper. Such a situation would lead Kalik to forget that he was in a public setting, or even to consciously ignore the fact to vigorously defend his ideas of pride and honor. Those ideas were wildly twisted in his mind, and he equated them with a mindless, brutal, and aggressive desire to fight. Kalik would never turn down a challenge and would not hesitate to issue one of his own.

But Nisana's shift in attitude calmed his violent heart and evoked new aims to Kalik. No one was watching over her, and she was alone in Riverfall. The circumstances formed a ripple in his mind, and he imagined that she was an opportunity to court (in his sense of the word) a mate and grant him status and reentry into normal Akalak society. He did not know much about the Symenestra, but that did not matter, for all he believed he needed was a son to reconstruct his reputation.

"Lakan I know best," Kalik said, relaxing slightly and tilting his head. His smile became more friendly and yet upon close inspection it would be apparent that there was little or no warmth behind it. "I also fight without weapon, and not many do it so well." He unfolded his arms and waved one from left to right. "You are alone in Riverfall, and you know not well the Akalak? Here is good place for women, for Akalak will treat them well. But even still, a guide is better." He looked her in the eye as he crafted his offer. "I can teach to you Riverfall and the Akalak way. You will be safer with guide, also."

Kalik had adjusted his stance, receding to a far less imposing manner. He had the spark of a deceiver, but he was not the best at lying, and subtle indicators could be enough to convey his less-than-noble intentions. Most women whom he encountered he considered as potential mothers to his future son. He had no particular sight in love or family; Kalik wanted reproduction for his own sake.
"Men don't follow titles. They follow courage."
Azurk
Cerulean

Words: 46636
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 26th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Nisana almost muttered a curse as Azurk shifted in stance and attitude. She might not fully understand Riverfall and the Akalak, but she knew what was in the brute's thoughts as he smiled at her. It seemed even an addle brained Akalak like Azurk had the piercing desire to sire a child with anything female.

Knowing she was still in a delicate situation Nisana was silent for a moment, contemplating her response, before she spoke again, "That is most impressive Azurk. The Lakan, they are like daggers, yes?" she fell silent again at Azurk's offer, fighting the urge to start laughing at his less than subtle attempt at trickery.

"Your offer is kind," she said slowly, fighting the urge to yell as she had done with other Akalak, "I do know enough to know what your offer of being a guide entails. I cannot accept, for I have someone waiting for me back in Kalinor."

Not that it was the truth, but Nisana figured it was better to lie than just flat out refuse his offer. She could not give birth to a Symenestra child without dying, why would she risk her life to give birth to an Akalak child? Hopefully Azurk would accept her rejection, but she kept a wary eye on him regardless in case he got aggressive or violent.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Azurk on May 28th, 2011, 12:38 am

The sting of rejection from the Symenestra wiped the smile from Kalik's face, and he almost winced from the dent to his pride. Nonetheless, he was wary of his last outburst, and although there were not many people around, he did not want to bring negative public attention to himself. Besides, he was in a fairly good mood after jogging for a while. He did not lay a hand on her, nor did he yell. If she had another man waiting for her, perhaps she simply needed more... convincing before she changed her allegiances.

"Lakan is like dagger. Crafted specially, for each Akalak, before his Rite." He broke eye contact, looking down.

He took interest in her armor again. She talked as though Riverfall was a place for her to enjoy as some sort of tourist, and yet she was decked in gear that would be suitable for combat. Surely, then, she had experience as a fighter herself? Were the Symenestra warriors? How dangerous could she be?

"I know of places here that you will like alone, like Valkalah's Tears. You have been there? I only offer safety. Your lucky man from Kalinor should not worry." He motioned to her armor. "Why do you wear this, Nisana Curare? You are a warrior? How has your arm been hurt?" He stopped himself there, for he felt he had never asked so many questions of an individual in his life. But she was Symenestra, and she was foreign to him, so he had much to inquire. Maybe she would open up to him if he showed enough concern.
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on May 31st, 2011, 5:42 am

Nisana nodded silently as Azurk explained about the Lakan. She didn't terribly care about the Akalak's rituals or special events, but talking about them seemed to help keep the unstable Azurk calmer.

"I do not know of Valkalah's Tears. Is it a beautiful place?" she gave a ghost of a smile to the Akalak, "You must forgive me for being suspicious of your intentions. I have met many Akalaks who were trying to get more from me than I wanted," she wasn't sure she trusted what he was saying, but she didn't want to take the risk of angering him by calling him a liar.

His gesture towards her armor drew her attention down briefly, but she quickly brought it back up in case it was a distraction. It seemed to be just a friendly gesture however, indicating his question, "I am a hunter," she paused a hesitant moment, "The reason for the armor is because Symenestra have frail bones. It helps us to climb easily and be more agile. As for my arm," she gestured to the wrapped wrist, "I hurt it while hunting a wild boar not long ago. It caught me off guard in the Grass Sea."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Azurk on June 4th, 2011, 12:50 am

Kalik spoke and asked his questions, and though he was not particularly keen to talk, he thought the process would eventually get him somewhere. His direct personality, however, made him wildly impatient, and as questions and explanations were met with no more than questions and explanations, he became dissatisfied. He watched as Nisana, who had been rather annoyed with him a few chimes earlier, smiled through their conversation. Kalik became once more frustrated as he hypothesized that the Symenestra was behaving dishonestly.

"Valkalah's Tears is excellent for viewing. Fire meets water; it is a wonder of nature." He nodded. "Maybe you should consider the other Akalak more positively. They make advance for pretty women! That is compliment," he assured her. He grinned as he had before and wearied of being stuck by this bench in an uneventful park.

"You should stand, Nisana Curare. Good for your legs. You should walk to the other end of the gardens with me. There, we can look off of this tier and see out to the ocean below. It will be nice sight." He extended his arm and offered to help her up. He was curious if her skin would feel as frail as her figure looked. He nearly laughed as he imagined her falling apart at his touch.
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 4th, 2011, 8:15 pm

"Natural fire?" Nisana's voice was tinged with actual curiosity in response to Azurk's description of Valkalah's tears, but at his suggestion she gave a small shrug and looked away again, "Maybe."

Azurk's words did bear a little thought though. While she was quite sure the Akalaks had only been seeking her attention as a Nakivak perhaps imagining them as helpless in front of her beauty would make it more easy to deal with their bothersome attention.

Azurk's next request drew another moment of contemplation from Nisana as she looked silently at his offered hand. She had no real desire to stand and put weight on her injured ankle, but she doubted Azurk would take that as a reason to leave her alone. Finally she gingerly placed her hand on Azurk's offered arm and quickly stood up, clenching her jaw against the stab of pain as she put pressure on her ankle, and then gave a faint smile to Azurk, "Well, lead the way Azurk."

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Previous