[Flashback] Prisoners of War [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Tira on April 17th, 2011, 5:51 am

23rd Summer, 501AV

"Attention!" cried Tira's commander, Deti. She was a strong, imposing woman. This was Tira's first year in the military. She had trained long and hard, and though at first going into the military, she was utterly sure she would not love it, she had come to live and breathe everything to do with the army. She would never leave it. She intended to tell Deti of her intention to stay on permanently. She had made her decision quite early on in her training, but it was a decision that she knew she would not regret.

Tira's fang suddenly snapped around to face Deti. The command was sudden, but they were well trained by now, ready to respond to a single order from one of their superiors within seconds. Tira was glad that everyone in her fang seemed dedicated to the army - particularly her friend Alya. Alya was not as tall as a lot of the members in their fang, nor was she as strong. But she made up for it through her passion for Myri and for war. Alya smiled at her, looking as if she wanted to say something, but held back. Now was not the time.

"Up until now," Deti murmured, surveying her warriors. She knew she did not need to speak loudly, for they were so devoted to her and her command that there would be no contest for attention. All eyes were riveted on Deti. "Up until now, you have been training primarily in close combat. We have used all manner of weapons. Sword, daggers, macuahuitl - most of which you had shown an interest in in childhood and carried on into your time in Myri's ranks. However, today I want you to begin to learn ranged weapons." A mixed murmur ran around the group at Deti's words. Alya was positively beaming - she had been a student of the shortbow since she was a child, and regarded it as a chance to show her worth in one thing she truly excelled at. Tira, on the other hand, despaired. She had never so much as held a bow. She knew she would look a fool today. She understood that in order to serve Myri best, she needed to be a pupil of as many weapons as possible, but it did not mean she had to revel in the embarrassment that was sure to come.

Deti smiled at them. It was a pleasant smile, and though she was a hard task mistress, she truly cared for her group. "That's enough." At her calm words, silence reigned again. "I understand that some of you may not relish this idea, but you all know it's necessary." Her eyes roamed the fang of ten, settling on a few people, passing right over Alya and smirking at Tira. "So, I have incentive! I have always found the art of training on targets boring. Where is the rush of battle in that? Where is the glory of blood?" As she spoke, she turned to survey the training yards behind her, looking out at the archery range. Without turning around, she ushered to a group of men standing at the side of the targets.

"Without further ado," she cried, raising her arms triumphantly. "I give you your new targets!" And out from behind the targets, poked and prodded towards the Myrian regiment, were a group of bound human slaves.
Last edited by Tira on June 6th, 2011, 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Words: 13916
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tira on April 20th, 2011, 6:51 am

The humans were all males, and all impressive in size and stature. They looked as if they would be intimidating amongst their own kind. Of course, they were not amongst their own kind - they were among the Myrians. A surge of pride for her race and their capabilities ran through her at the sight. Looking at Alya, she could see by her smirk they felt much the same. The Myrians were formidable - and Tira was one of them.

Deti began to expand upon their presence. It was rare for the adverseries of the Myrians to make it to Taloba. The men were all bleeding, though none fatally. "Patrol in the Jungle Wilds is tough, my pupils. Many a Myrian has found this out. As did these humans. I am not entirely sure how they managed to get so far in, and they are stubborn and refuse to tell us. They begged us to spare them after we bested them." She grinned at the attentive crowd. "I am merciful. I let them live - to be of use to you." Tira and Alya exchanged a look. It was not usual that the Myrians did this. It was a treat to have live target practice, but it was still not something that was usually done. Not that Tira was complaining. "Go back to the Garrison. Some of you have bows, some of you do not. Those who do not may borrow from the armoury. Be back quickly."

The group turned back, and half walked half jogged back to the Garrison. Alya looked at Tira, smiling widely, and murmured "Finally." Tira laughed, quite a deep laugh in contrast to Alya's lilt. "It is alright for you!" she moaned, mockingly despairing. "I've never even used my long bow!" Alya grinned, poking Tira is the side of her ribs, causing Tira to shudder and swat her hand away, laughing. "Yes, and how disrespectful of you. Your grandmother gave you that bow upon entrance to the army, did she not?" Tira felt rather guilty when it was put like that. Her grandmother was too old to fight any more, nearing her hundredth year, but she had fully expected Tira to learn and love the bow, just as she had.

They walked the rest of the way in relative silence, speeding up to get back to the Training Yards in time. It was essential to get there first - one wanted a good shot at the men if they were going to improve their archery skills. Or, in the case of Tira, gain some. She walked over to her bunk, weaving her way through the buildings and other beds, the others in her regiment, until she reached her corner. She rummaged around, and finally, found her longbow. It was a beautiful bow, carved from a dark coloured wood - Tira was not really sure which one, and was long and elegant. She gulped as she picked it up, looking around for Alya. Discovering she had already left, she jogged back to the training ground, hastening back, utterly nervous but ready to improve her skills for Myri.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tira on June 6th, 2011, 7:04 am

Tira was one of the last few to arrive back at the Yards. Alya, she saw, had already arrived with her shortbow clutched in her hand, an excited grin on her face. The rest of her regiment were still clustered around Deti, and everyone had some weapon of kind - longbows and shortbows mostly, with a few (but not many) crossbows. They were in varying states of repair - the ones from the Training Yards well worn with use, but the personal ones - such as Tira's - well oiled and beautiful. Alya's was glistening with polish much ike Tira's was. She was suddenly afraid that people might think that meant she knew how to use the bow. She hadn't the faintest clue.

Deti watched her hurry up to join the group. They waited in silence as Tira jogged up, with two others zipping up behind her, all three of them flushing. They focused on Deti, but sent hungry glances - literally and figuratively - towards the four humans who stood tied up behind her, flanked by two Myrian guards. They looked nervous, but stood with their heads held high, proud foolish humans that they were. A grin came to her lips, and she saw that echoed on Alya's face, when she thought of how their pride and dignity would come crashing down as soon as the Myrians began to fire.

"As you can see, there are four of the males behind me," Deti said, her voice ringing out again. The session had begun again, and the restless regiment quietened to listen to their commander's words. "I will split you off into groups... two to a human, people. Tira, tack on the end of Alya and Halu." The Myrians scrambled to obey her commands, Alya positively bouncing as she dragged Tira by the arm over to the quiet Halu. Halu gave Tira a nervous smile, and Alya a soft nod. Halu had been smiling at Tira like that for much of the year, but Tira ignored him more often than not. She couldn't afford that kind of distraction just yet.

"Hello, Tira," he murmured. Tira merely groaned in response, eliciting a laugh from Alya. Halu was another of their fang who was skilled in ranged weapons, particularly the longbow. As annoying as his attention to her was, at least she would have his guidance in this training session. That is why Deti put her in this group, she imagined. So she didn't make a complete fool of herself. "Alright, people. I want you to each take a shot - those skilled, don't aim for vital organs. We want them alive long enough for the others to have a go!" The humans had been positioned in front of the targets, and Tira, Alya and Halu lined up in front of theirs about one hundred paces from theirs. He was tall, a little taller than Tira himself, and bronzed from travel. He had a bushy beard, and dark set eyes. He locked eyes with Tira, a pleading expression on his face. But if he expected Tira to take pity on him and try and help him escape, he was sorely mistaken.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets