[Flashback] First Meeting (Telos)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on June 14th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Quelen tilted her head curiously at Telos' sudden change in tone, her face a bit confused at his sudden seriousness, "It was a little ways away from Charbosi, buried in the mud," she gave a slightly hesitant smile to the boy, wondering if she had said something wrong, "I can show you were if you'd like to find one of your own..."

Quelen wasn't used to such serious and urgent things being directed her way, especially at her age, and she wasn't quite sure how to respond to it. Mostly it just made her nervous and a bit uncomfortable, and she unconsciously swam a little backwards, away from the younger Charodae.
Quelen Dran'Sora
Alt of Alenias, One-armed Musician

Words: 41376
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Telos on June 14th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Telos' heart skipped a beat at the other Charoda's response. "Quelen..." he said slowly. "Don't be scared, but that's not a rock," he explained. "I think it's the head of an arrow or spear. My father studies Myrians and it looks like the kind they use." He paused for a moment to let his words sink in.

Then he continued. "Let's go take a look at that place where you found it. I just hope the water carried it there and a Myrian hasn't been this close to Charbosi."
Telos
Scavenger

Words: 8743
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2011, 5:52 am
Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on June 14th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Quelen's head tilt grew more pronounced as Telos declared that the rock she held was not a rock. When he then mentioned he thought it was a Myrian spear or arrow head Quelen gasped and turned wide eyes to the stone that she held in her hand. All Charodae knew of the Myrians, they were the reason why the land near Charbosi was so dangerous.

The thought that the stone she held might have been used to hurt someone, especially a Charodae, disgusted Quelen, and she was half tempted to throw it away right then. Telos' words were more important, and Quelen turned to start swimming and leading the way towards where she had found the stone, "It's this way."

Leading the way out of the city Quelen thought over what Telos had said, and after a few moments she called over her shoulder to him, "Do you think a Myrian could get close to Charbosi? I thought they couldn't breath in the water."
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Telos on June 14th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Following Quelen with strong dolphin kicks, Telos replied, "Well, that's what I thought when I saw it, so it probably just floated down here. At least I hope so. But I heard some land-people have bags and even magic spells that let them breath underwater!"

Then, as an afterthought, he added, "Father will definitely want to hear about this. Of course, he'll probably get really excited and go on one of his silly expeditions, so maybe this should just be our little secret."
Telos
Scavenger

Words: 8743
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2011, 5:52 am
Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on June 16th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Quelen gave a little gasp at Telos' revelation about landwalkers having bags and magic to breath underwater, but it was a gasp of surprise and curiosity, not so much fear, "Bags? How does a bag let them breath underwater?"

Leading the way out of Charbosi and to the open ocean beyond Quelen gave a little shrug at Telos' words, "Either way works for me, if you don't want to tell your Father I won't. I think an expedition to the surface would be fun though. Imagine all the new things you could see!"

Swimming down towards a large rock that was poking up out of the mud like a giant stone finger Quelen gestured with her left hand, "It was around here I found the stone. I remember because I thought the rock was neat," she didn't see anything that looked strange, but maybe Telos knew something different to look for since his Father studied Myrians.
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Previous