[Druna's Scrapebook] Way of an Ice Princess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Druna on June 16th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Developed to help me brainstorm on one of my favorite Characters

Things I hope to do:

In-depth personality recovery
History (why she is the way she is)
What is the fuel behind her actions
Views on life and all that surrounds her
Deeper look into Icewatch bears

Just a thinking tool

Vani Common Bear

Just an FYI: I will only able to post once a Week.Sorry for the slow go.
Druna
Bear Girl

Words: 20679
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Druna on June 16th, 2011, 9:36 pm

What it means to be a Kelvic Polar bear and how it affects her:

In order for the bears to operate in more of a human fashion, they are kept from bonding. This causes them to become independent and allow them to develop personalities on their own. Also causes a deeper bond with their bond-mate when they do.

Bonding early causes them to become almost mindless, what good would an Ice watch bear be if he or she was mindless and shared all the opinions of their rider? they would not really be able to make decisions that could prevent death in there bond-mate, which was surely kill the spirit of the bear and cause the bear to look for a replacement intimidate after their bond-mates death. Which would not be good for the Icewatch because they could choose wrong and harm the greater good of the community.

I see how it would be better for them to be kept away from the community till they hit an age where their personalities and beliefs has solidified. I would also see them only being exposed to the Vantha who have joined the Icewatch to prevent an non-worthy human to bond with them, more so to assure that they choose a strong worthy Icewatch or soon to be Icewatch member.

(this is just me brainstorming)

I can see how this would effect Druna:

Personality Overview:

The Isolation of her up bringing would cause her to be an very independent Kelvic, she would of developed her own personality and beliefs. She will be with drawn from others, but not to the point of her isolating her self. I can see this effecting her by making her have an inward personality, one that watches and speaks little. She would be a matter of fact type of person, from being surrounded with such people growing up. I can also see her relating things back to her upbringing, looking at people as comrades and not people to confide in. (very military mind)

In other personality developments I can see Druna being level headed. Mostly in control of her emotions and thought process, I can see her doubting herself at times, but also can see her quickly dismissing this with logical thinking. I feel like she would not open up to others easily, not in till she finds a bond-mate.

Reaction to Others:

I can see how social situations could make her feel a bit uncomfortable. She would not be nervous of others, just a feeling of being crowded. I can see her in these situations being watchful, compiling information the people that surround her and storing it for future uses. Only speaking when spoken to and only giving her opinion when asked.

In less crowded situations I can see her being perfectly content. I can see her entertaining herself and not daydreaming. Maybe throw herself into training or reading informational books. I can also see her feeling lonely, though she would not recognize the feeling. She will have no concept that she was born for another, only knowing that a part of her is missing. I can see how in a small social group with the right personalities she would voice this, but not in a emotional matter more in a factually matter.

Bonding:

I feel like she would not know why she is feeling a pull towards a stranger. But also feel like she would be very protective of this person, possible following them around and talking very little to them. I can see her not resisting the pull, and see her not trying to impress the one that was chosen.

Love/Relationship:

Its hard for me to imaging how she would react in this situation. I can see how these emotions might be unfamiliar to her. I can see her resisting these feelings..Thats all I can come up with right now...will have to come back to this one.

Friendships:

Friends would not be the way she would express them. She might consider them comrades instead. yet again will have to return to this one.

Change:

I can see her change very little till she bonds. Bonding would cause her to adopt some personality aspects of her bond-mate, I can see this as her opportunity to become less of and Ice princess and more of a warm hearten person.

Well thats all I got for now...will return to this once I can think of more.

Vani Common Bear

Just an FYI: I will only able to post once a Week.Sorry for the slow go.
Druna
Bear Girl

Words: 20679
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes