I Long for Rain [Grandfathered]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

I Long for Rain [Open]

Postby Daeva Timandre on March 2nd, 2011, 6:35 am

Citlali smiled guardedly at Eldon. She, at least, could understand the difficulties in understanding the details of her race, but Daeva, well, the darker sister would have possibly alluded to his stupidity. Her thoughts rarely mingled in Citlali’s own, and she was assertive enough to squeeze Daeva into her corner of their combined conscience to silence her. But the light sister knew this frightened Daeva, and as a result, she rarely acted upon it. Instead she ignored the subtle suggestions to abruptly leave this fruitless conversation, as Citlali had much to learn in the ways of the Drykas culture, and to her, it was fascinating.

“One man can not be expected to know everything about the world, Eldon. We’ve only so much time to learn and seek what we can. Konti,” She added, “and Akalak often meet. They are drawn to each other, like to halves of a whole. And when they meet, they might fall in love. But we akontak rarely spring from this union. It is usually either an Akalak child or a Konti child, akontaks are a special case.”

Citlali watched as Eldon glanced toward his strider, noticing, without the need for her gnosis, the inherent love that he felt for her. It was there, brimming, infectious, and it splashed into the akontak as well. “It’s a beautiful cycle.” She commented with a smile, “Ivak has guided us for many years, he is our guide, yet we still have not found the stepping stones of our devotion to him. Someday, perhaps, we will seek him out.”

Citlali barely noticed her use of the objective pronoun, as she had since revealed the clues to the sister that dwelled in her body.

It’ll just confuse him more, why bother revealing it? Daeva said. There’s nothing to gain, nothing to lose by explaining. We’ve only just met him. He’s a stranger, and a daft one.

The beauty of socializing is you get to learn about the other person, no matter how much they wish to tell you, it’s something. But you wouldn’t know, as you have terrible socializing skills. He will learn, and we can allow him the chance to think what he wishes. Perhaps it will help him in the future.

Do what you want.

Citlali glanced at Eldon, momentarily offering him a warm smile before she spoke, “Not another akontak, just a sister…. Who dwells in this body just as I do. Her name is Daeva.”
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

I Long for Rain [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on March 3rd, 2011, 3:45 pm

Eldon was torn between the urges to excuse himself and continue wandering alone, thinking his thoughts in silence, wishing for rain and stormy winds, and the urge to ask questions, to interrogate this unfamiliar person, to know all he could, despite her logic that none truly could know all. Was it foolish then to try? Perhaps, but curiosity had to be satisfied else would only drive himself mildly mad from only asking himself, and no others, about it. Eldon nodded slowly as he tried to understand the puzzle laid out for him and even explain how it fit. He only had to comprehend how it did in fact fit together. "Love." Eldon repeated Citlali's word, the meeting of Akalak and Konti sometime produced it, and as explained, there was uncommonly the production of the female Akalak, the Akontak. "Love, at the risk of sounding ignorant, I have to ask, why love? My time spent with Akalak was limited, sheltered, but I learned a little of their culture. I could hardly claim to have seen the Akalak truly love those they took." Eldon shrugged lightly, he wasn't particularly experienced with the abstract substance, Love. He knew the love for a father (and recently lost), a love for a brother newly discovered. The love for a cousin that was presumed deceased for many years. The love he held for friends and family alike, but never that unique emotion, or whatever it was, that ignited between man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman. He believed it existed, but from Citlali's words he had imagined that it was, more or less, the deciding factor in the Akontak, or the Akalak/Konti offspring.

Eldon returned his gaze from Vanah, a faint smirk was there as she mentioned the cycle, how beautiful it was. Eldon, of course, agreed with her. Vanah meant more to him than many Drykas meant to him. He would sacrifice himself in a heartbeat to ensure Vanah's safety. The hell of it was, despite being a horse, she would do the same for him. Proof in itself that she was more than just a horse. Drykas Strider, Vanah Sunkiss. "Thank you. We Drykas believe this as well, but those that don't understand often find it silly, foolish, or a curse among the striders. I admit I know very little of Ivak, save for what I've heard in stories. The great cataclysm, the imprisonment, little more. I hear he is a god of great power. Makutsi probably doesn't compare to him." Eldon smiled again. It was hard to claim any god was greater than another. Each had their unique realms, their gifts, their own personalities. Still, he found some comfort in knowing that his own shaken faith wasn't alone. Even Citlali suffered from a lack or hesitation of devotion.

"Dwells in your body. I've heard of that before. The Akalak... Do the Akontak share qualities, besides obviously the skin color, of either parent then?" Eldon stroked his clean shaven face slowly as he thought. "Well, Hello Daeva. It's nice to meet you and your sister." Eldon grinned, unaware that Daeva was probably more likely to spit in his face rather than offer a kind word towards him.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

I Long for Rain [Grandfathered]

Postby Mycroft on June 20th, 2011, 12:34 am

- Eldon -
"Give us the open plains and we'll leave anything miles behind."

Experience:
Philosophy: +2
Reimancy: +1

Lores:
The Konti (basic)
Akontak: Anomalous Children
Unwitting Meeting of the Light Sister
Under Vanah’s Discerning Eye

- Daeva -
“We’ve only just met him. He’s a stranger, and a daft one.”

Experience:
Philosophy: +2

Lores:
Religiousness of the Drykas
Heightened Understanding of Strider Bonds
Letting Citali Navigate Her Own Conversation
Witnessing the Bond of Eldon and Vanah

Notes: An interesting exchange, certainly. Not a lot I can reward here in terms of lore or XP. It was a casual conversation about their respective races and heritages.

If Aron returns to the site and wants experience for this thread, PM me and I’ll get on it right away. Thanks.
Mycroft

Previous