Laeraix Cerys

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Laeraix Cerys

Postby Laeraix Cerys on February 9th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Basic Information

Pronounced: Lay-rye-ex S'air-ease

• Physical Information

o Race : Kelvic (Eagle)

o Birthday & Age: 20, Summer of 507 AV, 2 years old

o Gender: Female
o Height: 5”6
o Weight: 126 pounds

Physical Description

o Appearance: Laeraix is 5”6 and of a slender build. Her dirty blonde hair cascades a bit past her shoulders and curls a bit at the ends. She has a eyes that are a piercing golden yellow, that seem to see past all facades, and often make passerby nervous. She wears breeches that have many pockets sewn up the sides. The contents of these pockets change daily, but often include a small dagger. Her mentor’s quarter staff is always close at hand and she often twirls it when agitated or bored. Laeraix has matching tattoos on either side of her face. They are tribal in origin, and they stand for ‘Loyalty’.
Her face is delicate, though she has a full mouth and slightly pointed ears that are adorned with many silver piercings.
In eagle form, she is quite small compared to other birds, a mere two feet long and ¾ of a foot wide. She has shimmering feathers of white and glossy black that reflect the sun.
o Personality– Avari often compared Laeraix to her animal form, an eagle. She was harsh at the best of times and often felt more at home in the sky than anywhere on land. Laeraix is fiercely loyal to all that she considers kindred.
She doesn’t often speak all that is on her mind, but prefers others to speak first. Avari taught her, that caution was, above all else, the best way to survive. However, when riled, Laeraix holds nothing back and often attacks both friends and enemies personally.
Laeraix is often happy though she doesn’t like to show it. She finds joy in everyday things and is easily amused by the antics of others.
Travelling is one of Laeraix’s favourite pastimes. She wishes to travel to Xy and Taloba, wherever there is something exotic, Laeraix thrives.

o Ethics – Supremely loyal, though not above bloodshed or trickery when it suits her aims.

o Likes – Laeraix loves traveling and changing into her animal form. When she is in her animal form as a hawk, Laeraix feels like the chains from the world below the skies are just distant memories, not a burden to live with.

o Dislikes – Big cities, unless there is something of use to be gained.

• Character History

o Pre-Creation – Laeraix grew up on the border of Sylira and Cyphrus, far from any city or establishment. She lived most of her life with her tutor, Avari. Avari was a man of a questionable past and motives. Laeraix never saw a city until she left home. Avari had a small cottage nestled halfway underground with a roof that resembled a muddy pit. It was an ugly and cramped house, but it was by far, Avari’s most prized possession. It was indistinguishable from any other mud pit by air and almost as well hidden on land.
Laeraix didn’t often wonder what had happened to her parents, for Avari was reluctant to talk of things that dealt with emotion. Avari did teach her most of what he knew as she was growing up. Everyday, he would cover himself in foliage and task Laeraix with finding him. This task was near impossible at first and Laeraix struggled on an empty stomach to find a mentor. He would hide in the open at times, a few feet above her, in a hollow tree. Other times he would bury himself deep in the mud an expect her to find him by scent and his tracks.
The rest of her day was spent on other types of training. At night they would both don leather jerkins and practice weaponry skills with Avari’s quarter staff’s. Laeraix acquired many ‘battle trophies’ as Avari called them. Her bruises were proof, in his mind that women shouldn’t handle weapons at all. She bristled at these comments but learned to deal with them, along with Avari’s other distasteful habits.
If she was not too tired at dusk Avari would tell her all he knew of the great goddess Caiyha. It was an odd religious choice for a man like Avari, but when questioned on his faith, he responded simply:
“You can choose your God, or they will choose you.”
In between training and sleeping, Laeraix had little time to think about divinity. She preferred that which was real and concrete, like the land below her feet and the trees above her. Gods, if they existed, simply did not fit into her plans.
In the summer, when Laeraix turned one Avari announced to her that she was now old enough to leave and go wherever she desired.
After a bit of pleading on her part Laeraix convinced Avari to part with his quarter staff. It was a beautiful wood of Falyndarian make. Geometric designs were etched into the length of the staff, but had been worn away on the ends and middle.
Laeraix set out to Riverfall, hoping to find whatever she needed to fill the horrible gap in her life.

o Animal Life—As an eagle, Laeraix can escape from almost everything into the wide open, blue skies. She catches the drafts and winds and delights in the splendour of the vast Mizaharian sky. Her vision is impeccable in this form an on occasion she soars into the sky, only to be distracted by a glint of sunlight off a raindrop, or a pair of rabbits frolicking below her in the vast Cyphrus grasses.
In the sky, Laeraix can see the world from a view few get to see. The air hides nothing and the smog of cities quickly fades into dust. People go about their lives on foot, and she often feels sorry for them. The will miss the glorious sunrise she sees every morning at dawn.
The sky offers true perspective, because you can truly see how small you really are. Laeraix has often dove through clouds big enough to swallow the biggest Mizaharian city.
The skies, however, are not a perfect haven. Fierce thunderstorms race across the sky in an intricate dance of danger. Other predators dive from above in hopes of finding the weary and devouring them. Laeraix does not mind these obstacles, for they are but new challenges. The sky is her home, no matter what and has remained more honest than anything she has seen on land.

Training & Skill Points

o +10 Hunting (Racial Bonus)
o +12 Camoflage (Starting Package)
o +15 Disguise (Starting Package)
o +5 Running (Starting Package
o +7 Escape Artist (Starting Package)
o +12 Weaponry: Quarter Staff (Starting Package)
o +2 Interrogation (Topic: Getting Acquainted)
~~~~
Lore: Knowledge of Caiyha (Starting Package)
Lore of Drunkenness (Topic: Getting Acquainted)

Equipment/Possessions

 Basic red tunic, worn in a few places.
 Red breeches with multiple pockets, sewn haphazardly on the sides and seams.
 Boots (Riding)
 Fine Belt
 Canvas Gloves (2)
 A worn self made quarter staff, crafted out of a gnarled limb
 Water Pack (1)
 Backpack
 Blanket (For winter)
 Tent
Avari’s Quarter Staff
 Animal Snares (3)
 Songbird (Companion)

• Ledger
o 545 gold mizas 1 silver misas
o (55 gold misas spent on supplies)

My threads:

[[Zeltiva]]
~ [Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

BaselMahmoud.deviantart.com
gojigirl.deviantart.com

CS pic:
seamonkeycircus.deviantart.com

signature:
abuseofreason.deviantart.com
maril1.deviantart.com
Last edited by Laeraix Cerys on April 4th, 2010, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laeraix Cerys
Wandering Amid Dreams

Words: 40215
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: Laeraix Cerys

Postby Laeraix Cerys on February 14th, 2010, 1:55 am

General Information :
What is your Name?
::Laeraix Cerys
Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
:: Yes, some people call me Rai, and others call me Cerys. I don’t really mind either, there’s a lot more things to be concerned about.
How old are you?
:: Two years young
What is your height?
:: 5”4. I’ve always wanted to be taller though. Tall people are so lucky!
What is your weight?
:: I weigh 125 pounds at the moment, but it changes when I go adventuring and get more exercise.

Aesthetics :
Describe yourself as you see yourself.
::Oh, that’s a hard one. Do you mean personality? Or… appearance? *bites lip* Hmm, well, I’m loyal to my friends and I enjoy having fun. I don’t think I give off the best appearance when people first meet me, but that’s fine by me.
Describe yourself as others typically see you.
:: Err… well. I don’t really know. Since I left the wilds I haven’t met too many people.
What is your favorite body feature?
::I don’t really have one, but I am proud of my arms. I have a ton of muscle because of my quarter staff practice.
How physically fit are you?
:: I’m not as physically fit as I was when I trained with Avari, but I still practice all my quarter staff drills everyday, and I walk a lot… so I think I’m pretty well off, compared to most of these weird Sylirans.
How do you typically dress and what is your style?
:: I like my clothing to serve some purpose. That’s why I have all these pockets on my pants. I do admire the beautiful styles of the higher born Syliran ladies, but they couldn’t fight in clothes like that. My style… I guess you could say I wear a lot of comfortable clothing, but now that I actually get to see all sorts of styles, I think that might change.

Family :
Who are your parents and what are they like?
:: I don’t really know who they are, or what they’re like. I don’t even know if they’re sill alive. Avari raised me. All I know is the wilds, and what he told me.
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
:: Not that I’m aware of, but you never know.
What is your extended family like?
:: I really don’t know… why are you asking all these questions about my family?
Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
:: To me, friends are everything. I would die for my friends, and they mean the world to me.
Do you treat animals like family?
::Of course I do! Unless they happen to be mice. Mice are vermin, no? But I do love all other animals, especially my song bird, Kali.

:: I don’t know.
Where do you live now?
:: Currently, I live nowhere. I travel and set up a tent every night. But I am staying in Syliras. It’s beautiful, is it not? I absolutely love the shops. They have so many things for me to look at. But the shop keepers are rude. They kick people out for no reason!
If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
:: Hmm. Well I haven’t traveled much, but if I could live anywhere of my choosing, it would be somewhere exotic, like Taloba, Sunberth or Xy. Life is nothing without a little adventure!
Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
:: Hmm, anywhere I can be close to the wide open skies. To me it’s fun to just fly for hours.
Where do you fear to be?
:: Haha. Nowhere. Well, I take that back, don’t stick me in a room full of intellectuals. I think I’d get bored and have to liven it up a little, if you catch my drift.

Traits :
Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
:: Physical weaknesses… no… well, no. I have plenty of mental weaknesses though.
Are you right handed or left handed?
:: I’m ambidextrous. I use my quarter staff with both hands, simple as that.
What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
:: I speak Common, and I speak to birds, as I am one. What do I sound like? What kind of question is that? I sound like a person. I don’t know if I have an accent.
Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
:: I twirl my quarter staff when I’m nervous or agitated. It annoys others, but they usually don’t speak on it. I wonder why?
Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
:: I have two matching tribal tattoos on either side of my face. I have them because they stand for loyalty, and I am nothing if not loyal. I also have many silver piercings on my ears. I think silver is beautiful, much more so than gold.

Occupations :
What is your occupation?
:: Adventuring!
Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
:: I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
:: An adventurer… who has traveled to every city in the world.
What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
:: I admire mercenaries. They have a harsh job, but they better not come after me. They would regret it.
What occupation do you least like? Why?
:: I loather beggars. It isn’t an occupation.. but they annoy me. I kicked the last one I saw.

Childhood :
What sort of child were you?
:: A tired one. I’ve been training for so long.
What is your favorite memory from childhood?
:: The day I first transformed into an eagle and soared the skies. It was such a rush, nothing will ever compare to that.
What is your worst memory from childhood?
:: The day I almost got shot out of the sky. Coincidentally, it was the same day as my favorite memory. I’ve learned to be more careful.
What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
:: Didn’t we already go over this? These questions are testing my patience.
Who was your most influential rolemodel?
:: Avari. He taught me all I know, I would be nothing without him.

Education :
What sort of education do you have?
:: An atypical one. I learned most of what I know through trial and error, on my own. The rest I learned from Avari.
Do you like/dislike learning?
:: I like learning, if the subject is interesting. And if it doesn’t involve letters.
Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
:: I learned them from Avari.
How do you learn best?
:: By getting myself in trouble. I’m really good at that.
What are your educational goals for the future?
:: I want to become better at sneaking around.

Relationships :
Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
:: Well, once I get to know someone, and care about them, I stick to them like glue. Why? Because I’m that kind of person.
Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
:: No. I’ve seen people lie with a smile too many times. You don’t need to be a Dhani to be a serpent.
Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
:: Something else? What else is there? *shudders* Actually, pretend I didn’t ask that. I’m bisexual, if anyone cares.
Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
:: I was once. I ventured out to the village closest to the wilds. A young boy and I spent the night together, but that’s as far as it got.
Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
:: Describe it?! Nosy aren’t we? I haven’t done that, and even if I had why would I tell you. If is no one’s business but my own.

Drugs and Alcohol :
Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
:: I haven’t been drunk.
Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
:: No.
What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
:: Really? Did you just ignore my last two responses?
Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
:: I have tried some ‘mood altering substances’. *laughs* I thought it was quite interesting. I’d do it again, given the chance.
What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
:: I think that they exist. If people want to drink or do drugs, it is their business. But don’t judge me.

Likes and Dislikes :
What are your hobbies?
:: I like to watch people, esp. people in Syliras. Humans are so odd.
Do you like to read?
:: I can’t read. what’s the point?
What annoys you more than anything else?
:: People that look down on me.
What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
:: I like to sleep. And eat.
What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
:: Making a fool out of myself in front of my friends. It’s so awful.

Favorites :
What is your favorite color or colors?
:: I like red, and white.
What is your favorite time of day?
:: Dawn
What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
:: I don’t know. Probably the view of the Sea of Grass from the sky.
What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
:: I like to eat mice. I hate anything with mint.
What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
:: I like clear sunny days. I hate thunder storms, those scare me.

Outlook :
Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
:: A little bit of both, depending on the situation.
What are your religious views?
:: I don’t know much about the God’s.
Would you be able to kill?
:: Yes, if I needed to, or to defend someone I cared for.
What are your views on sex?
:: Sex is… sex? It’s natural.
What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
:: Friends, and adventuring. I don’t want to die young either. That wouldn’t be too successful.

Actions :
What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
:: The worst? Almost getting myself killed because I was arrogant. The best? Learning how to use a quarter staff.
What is your greatest regret?
:: I have none, yet.
What is your best/worst memory?
:: My best memory was the day I was free to go wherever I wanted. The worst was realizing how broke I was.
If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
:: I wouldn’t change my past. It has made me who I am.
What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
:: I’m proud of being self-sufficient. I don’t depend on anyone to live.

Emotions :
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
:: Yes, sometimes too honest. But I don’t tell people everything at first. Once I do start talking, you can’t shut me up.
Do you have any biases or prejudices?
:: Not really. I haven’t lived enough to develop any.
What makes you happy?
:: Being free, and in the sky.
Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
:: My friends, and the bondmate I haven’t found yet, if I find them.
What makes you angry?
:: People that judge me without knowing me. Arrogant people. Rats. Bad food. Drunken idiots. The list goes on and on.

Relationships :
In general, how do you treat others?
:: I treat them with caution. People are dangerous.
Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
:: Myself.
Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
:: Avari. Even though he has a lot of issues, he has taught me so much, and I am forever grateful.
Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
:: Well, I guess I get to describe my ideal lover. Yay! I would like a guy that is like me. Well not too much like me, but like me in the ways that matter. I want them to be strong, but not cold hearted. I want them to be spontaneous, and not afraid of my Kelvic nature.
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
:: Me, myself and I!

Group Situations :
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
:: I’ll argue to defend what I believe in. I’m not going to avoid conflict if something’s wrong. I won’t let someone else have the satisfaction of beating me.
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
:: No, I’m often in the shadows, but I will make my opinion heard.
Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
:: No, large groups of people are loud, smelly and annoying.
Do you care what others think of you?
:: Some people. Like my friends. But the rest, I could care less.
What do you think of others, in general?
:: People are strange.

Self Image :
What is your greatest strength as a person?
:: I’m not afraid of anything.
What is your greatest weakness?
:: I’m not afraid of anything. It’s both a strength and a weakness, it is my blessing and curse.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
:: My inability to read.
Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
:: I’m an extrovert, most of the time.
Are you generally organized or messy?
:: Messy. Who needs organization?

Beliefs :
What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
:: Ionu
Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
:: I don’t fear anything, didn’t we go over that?
Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
:: Not a one.
What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
:: If I truly believed in the deity… I would do a great many things to please my deity.
Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
:: Killing my bondmate, if I ever find one.

Life & Death :
What do you absolutely live for?
:: Myself.
What is the best part of life?
:: Friends and adventuring!
What is the best part of death?
:: Not having to live in fear. It’s a hollow kind of freedom.
If you could choose, how would you want to die?
:: Defending those I love.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
:: I want people to remember me for… my loyalty. It is who I am, and who I will always will be.
Last edited by Laeraix Cerys on February 14th, 2010, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laeraix Cerys
Wandering Amid Dreams

Words: 40215
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet