[Medical Centre] Break a Leg [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Trios on June 27th, 2011, 1:00 am

Year 511 AV, Summer 30
Heading to the medical Centre, feel free to help an Isur out! lol

Trios casualy adjusted his large leather hat in the blistering summer heat that plagued down on him. He had lost his way in his journey to the Riverfall’s medical center so his mood was not as bright as the sun above. Contemplating the directions he was given, it was told that his destination rested on the second teir of Riverfall. But what confused the Isur was if this teir system was from the top or from the bottom. Either he climbed up the teirs to far or didn’t climb high enough in the cliff city, so either way he was not on course.

This wouldn’t have mattered as much to a regular civilian but walking with a bum leg made things time consuming on the simplest of journeys. With each right step Trios had to put most of his weight on a cane which was almost as wide and burly as he was. The swagger was not as noticeable as it once had been but Trios still wanted to be rid of it. There were night’s he lay awake cursing the injury, each cold night or rainfall the pain would intensify. Be the pain of the leg a part of Zulrav’s doing or medical reasons Trios had a morbid laugh that Zulrav wanted him to suffer more even with the cursed mark of his that lay on his back.

But history aside it was due time to fix the damage. Limping past Akalak warriors Trios cast an annoyed glace upward at the tall blue giants who dwarfed him. They were more intimidating due to their height and exotic nature and the Isur would be lying to say that he wasn’t impressed by it. However despite their intimidation Trios was laughing on the inside that at least he wouldn’t have any trouble siring children if the need ever arose.

Thinking back, Trios had to hold a surge of laughter at recalling a song he once heard. The memory of said song was a bit foggy to say who sung it or where he had heard it but some of the lyrics were coming back to him due to the dark humour of the song.

This was a more uplifting memory as Trios decided to recall the song in more details. It was a song done like an upbeat drinking tune with a cord that a musician would call a D major. Whatever a cord meant Trios didn’t really know, save the song was very humorous. So as Trios’s hobbled along the stone road to where he thought the medical centre was located Trios was deep in contemplation of trying to recall the song in his head.

Come gather round gents and hear this lesson in song
That your life’s problems are small in scale.
For its easy to see, that once we compare our equipment down there!
OOOOOOOOOOH!

(Chorus)I’d rather be human than dark blue
I’ll always love my short height this is true
Who wants long life and to be able to kill a man with a large knife
At least my wife can easily sire a kid or two

Even if they kill me now!
A smile will be on my face!
That my seed takes first time when I plough!

Who needs Konties and Kelvics as a mate?
My fate tells me that I should breed with my own race.
Because girls that I know have a perfect birthing rate!

Granted that the Isur was wise in his years to know enough “not” to sing this infront of an Akalak or within the walls of Riverfall. But Trios noted that inappropriate things are the dominating thought when one is trying to refrain from saying them.

Scanning the area with cold eyes Trios’s thoughts however became centralized on the realization that he was in fact lost in the expansive city. The reaction to these thoughts made Trios’s tenderly rub his temples with his black gem like hand as a summer wind made his leather jacket sway back and forth. This was going to be a long day.
Last edited by Trios on August 16th, 2011, 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Trios on June 29th, 2011, 1:48 am

“Hey beggar a silver miza if you show me where this forsaken medical centre is” This was getting ridiculous to the point of comedy. So much so that Trios had to resort to an old stand by for information gathering that he learned long ago. It was a lesson about what to do if one wanted to gather information with the least amount of time and effort. Go to the bottom of society, the poor, beggars, thieves. Trios had watched his Captain Ikesog and other superiors rant about how society should treat them with a bit more respect for they were the eyes and ears of a city. Beat up a thug here or give a beggar a meal there and they’d spill all sorts of useful information.

Trios was never really in charge of such information gatherings when they made port, but there were a few rare occurrences when the Isur tagged along. It wasn’t enough to make his intelligence gathering a masterful skill but just enough knowhow to make it useful.

So bribing the old man for simple information seemed the best option in comparison to threatening the beggar. Trios eyed the wrinkled and scraggly husk of a man with cold eyes waiting for his answer. It was critical to the Isur to appear like it was he who was doing the beggar a favour otherwise he feared the old might walk all over him in resulting in the wanting of more money.

“You don’t have to go far….just one tier down, you can’t miss it…three stories tall…white… with a tower.” Replied the old man casually as if ignorant to Trios’s intimidation. Then assisting his words the beggar pointed a wrinkly hand towards the north-west direction. This realization made Trios curse under his breath as he must have blindly walked by the building in his ignorance. At least he wasn’t to far off course and backtracking now wouldn’t be as time consuming.

“Oh and another thing I might be needing some cheap labourers down by the docks, pass it to those with strong backs…..pleasure doing business” Trios’s tossed a few extra coins to the beggar with a cold and calculated thoughts at the prospect of obtaining cheaply paid hands to help him with his shipwright work. Plus Trios thought it was a good idea to get on good terms with the beggars and poor individuals here. There was a saying that the rich after all have no loyalty but give a poor a miza a day and they’d bow to you in the streets.

Once the money had been given the Isur began to hobble awayThan hobbling on his cane Trios giving the beggar no second glace hopping to appear like a man to be worth remembering. It was time to get the leg fixed before the real work could begin.

-3 silver mizas
Last edited by Trios on August 16th, 2011, 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Trios on July 19th, 2011, 6:24 pm

“Guess the ol beggar was right on the ball, how in Ivak’s sweaty cage did I miss this” Bemused Trios gazing at the ivory white building of the Gillar Medical Center. It was a busy place for such a simple looking building. Observing the many of the giant Akalaks were going to and from this particular building, some with injuries that appeared more severe that a simple broken leg.

Trios could have sworn he saw a very disturbed Akalak holding a few of his fingers that appeared to have been severed from his other hand which happened to be bleeding. This was a sight that made the Isur glad to have already had eaten his lunch, otherwise a loss of appetite might have been a result.

Hobbling with the masses that moved to and from the Medical Center, Trios finally passed though the wooden doors. It was a very simple decorated place the only notable things were the marble floors and a pungent sterile smell. The atmosphere held a reserved quiet nature for being so busy with patients, apart from the odd yell or scream from a patient.

Apart from the click of the cane on the marble floor, Trios hobbled his way to what he thought looked like a receptionist of some sort. A young female human donned in a sort of medical garb gave Trios a once over from behind a wooden desk. She smiled politely before speaking in a friendly manner to the Isur.

“I’d ask what you’re here for but I can safely say it has something to do about the leg….”She trailed off her eye brows raised as if seeking confirmation of his assumption. Trios didn’t have the energy or will power to bark back at the women about how she could clearly state the obvious. So with a sigh Trios just coldly nodded at the remark.

“I was told I could get this leg fixed here, please tell me the doctors have the ability to do so?” said the Isur resting on his cane in a defeated manner at the feeling that he was begging for someone to heal his crooked leg.

“We seen worse, just wait in the third room to your right, someone will be with you shortly” Quickly responded the medical worker in a fashion that sounded almost rehearsed. Pointing down the corridor the women gave a final glance at the man whose race that wasn’t seen to often in the city.

Limping towards the corridor where the women had indicated, Trios found himself with slightly raised hopes that he may walk out of this building with only his two legs supporting him.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Trios on August 2nd, 2011, 3:25 am

Small needles of pain plagued Trios’s right leg as he limped down the corridor. A full day on a crooked leg had begun to take its toll and the Isur had found himself getting irked by the slightest and smallest of things. For instance, there was a shrill of a noise echoing down the long stretch of corridors. Trios didn’t know that marble floors could carry noises so well, for a seconded he thought it almost sounded like a child’s tearful lament.

Looking at the small room to which the human at the podium had directed Trios gave cold growl at the nuisance as if debating how to deal with the situation. This annoying child deserved to have his jaw slammed shut for emitting such an annoyance and if no one was going to take the task up, Trios felt it was his duty to do so for his own peace of mind.

Walking down the corridor and rounding a corner towards the source of the cry in the form of a small human boy. It was a pitiful and annoying sight to see mostly because the ears of any being would bleed at continued exposure. So with a continued cold exterior the Isur moved towards the ugly excuse of a human child that crouched weakly on the marble floor.

“Kid, keep your damn mouth shut…. I swear it’s giving me…” Began Trios in a somewhat calm but cold manner casting a furious glance at the child. As the Isur began his phrase his eyes looked for any inkling of a clue to the reason for such racket. This clue wasn’t hard to find but what the Isur did see was more disgusting and deplorable than he could ever admit. Looking into the room adjacent to the child there was the sight of a grown man weep in silence, this time over a figure wrapped in sheets on the lone bed.

Trios suspected that the child’s current stunned silence was a result of a mixture of shock and fear of getting scolded by an alien looking race. The Isur’s emerald eyes calmly slid from the scene inside the room back to the child outside the room. The canines of Trios’s teeth bit into his upper lip as if a reaction to a situation in which he had never encountered before. A few moments of silence floated by as Trios debated on how to handle to situation. With a grunt to conclude his thoughts, Trios leaned down to match the child’s height. The Isur’s cold and stone like exterior was more apparent when people got this close to the man.

“Kid, tears are as useful as piss in a rainstorm…… best learn that well now….” Trios said his voice hard as stone. However due to the quiet nature of the halls returning the man was satisfied that the relentless shrill of a cry was ceased and therefore Trios calmly hobbled away from the stunned and silent human boy.

“Now get in that room and show the other human in there how a real man deals with tragedy” Finished the limping Isur as he calmly made his way back to his room. Uncaring if the child listened to his advice or if the child returned to the other human’s side. All that really mattered was that there was no nuisance to the ears echoing through the halls.

A somewhat constant silence ruled the corridors as Trios rounded the corner to his room. However a rather deliberate cough of intrusion broke the peaceful silence to which Trios had been enjoying. The intrusion was from a tall slender female of such beauty and elegance to which most human girls could never achieve. Trios had never had a personal encounter with a Konti before and didn’t know what one actually looked like in person, but there’s an old saying that if a hot women’s got scales it’s most likely could be a Konti. And as Trios gazed a bit curiously at the women’s shimmering neck it was hard to not think that this women who had almost been waiting for him, couldn’t be anything else but a Konti.

“Might I ask how a real man deals with tragedy?” Her voice was soft yet had a strange sense of authority to them. She eyed the Isur calmly before casually following beside him and his hobbled steps towards his room.

“Damned if I know, but it isn’t that” Lied Trios trying to understand why the women was following him. Didn’t she understand that it was just too simply shut the boy up? All the Isur wanted was to simply get in and get his leg healed, yet the day was proving to be difficult to achieve that goal.

“Well sir…..might I inquire to your name?” The women asked still gazing the Isur intensely, a small grin of hidden delight splashed across her face.

“You could, but I might then just tell you to shove it up your……”

“Well considering that I’am healer Lorithi Neleduchiva and could quite possibly heal your leg you should reconsider a more sociable manner.” Cut across the Konti in a casual manner her gentle smile as if to avoid any sort of conflict or escalated emotions. But her face was hiding a slight enjoyment at this rather unusual patient to what she had been accustomed to.

OCC: Using the NPC “Lorithi Neleduchiva” since I need to have the leg healed by a lvl 2 heal genosis.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Trios on August 5th, 2011, 12:36 am

“So Trios…… did I pronounce that right? I must admit its not often that I get to patch up your race in Riverfall….now lets take a look at that leg…” Lorithi said as she examined his right leg which was laid out on the small bed in the designated room. The Isur grunted as small jabs of pain plagued him as her delicate hands felt the muscle tissue and bone mass beneath the skin.

“How did this injury happen, It was my understanding that you Isurs were supposed to have almost unbreakable bone mass…and it also seems someone messed up the patchwork after words which explains why the bone didn’t reset properly” The konti didn’t even look at Trios as she still examined his leg a bit more thoroughly using a few instruments that the Isur had never seen before in his life..

“It’s what you pay when you stand up to someone who’s not accustomed to having people do so……as for the horse shit of a patchwork job you should talk to my doctor” Trios replied baring his teeth as a particular jab of pain along his thigh. What was this infernal woman doing? Was she trying to see how much pain the Isur could tolerate?

“Well I do hope the pain was worth it……hmmm there’s a build up of scar tissue along the breakage..”Lorithi ranted on about Trios’s injury but the details were lost to the Isur’s own thoughts. Casting a glance out the small window in the room a blue calm sky floated casually over Riverfall. Was it worth it to tell a god of storms that no one should pray to the divine for protection? Yes it was, it was worth fighting for and enduring pain for. But looking back Trios admitted he would have said a lot more if he knew that Zulrav had been listening, he could have passed on the message to the rest his ilk.

“So can you fix the damn leg or not?” Trios growled as more pain shot down his leg breaking his train of thought. Trios cast a winching look at the healer from the discomfort of the analysis being done on his leg. Trios didn’t take much stock in people most days but he had hoped that this konti was at least capable of knowing who could heal his leg if it was proven that she was no use.

“Yes I can, but its going to cost you two things Isur…..” Her voice was more businesslike than casual now as she took as seat on the lone chair beside the table. Trios rolled his eyes, he was used to not getting things cheap now-a-days.

“I can heal your leg immediately with my magic for one hundred mizas and an honest answer to a question” She had the Isur by his round and blue’s, and she knew it. The Isur thought that healers were supposed to give aid pro bono in any situation. This apparently wasn’t true as the Isur tossed a large sum of gold into the lap of the waiting women.

“Fine, what’s the bloody question then?” Sighed Trios in a defeated manner as he rested his head against the headboards of the medical bead. This question or whatever information the Konti wanted was bound to cause a few migraines or add more insult to the Isur’s pride.

“Who are you? Not in a name sense, but in a deeper sense. As a Konti get a good feel of people Isur, I know more about their emotions and inner desires than they do. But you are a walking contradiction to yourself, you do feel one way but act a different way. You hate a child for crying yet tell him that crying over his mother won’t change a thing. Are you just a simple vulgar and selfish man or just hiding your true nature?” Lorithi finished her rant by resting her delicate hands against her slender legs as if curiosity had made her patient for the answer.

What kind of idiotic and crazed question was this? And who in Ivak’s sweaty cage knew that Konti’s could read into a person so well without their knowing. But as Trios’s face turned a bit colder in expression than it had been previously, the Isur knew he didn’t have to think long and hard for an answer. He already had such a discussion within already and wasn’t ashamed of the answer he found. Trios gave up trying to be a certain type of person, saint or sinner it didn’t matter so long as his goals were achieved. So man named Trios leaned forward off his bed and in a calm voice akin to almost a whisper just loud enough for the healer to hear.

“I’m whoever I need to be”

-100gm
Last edited by Trios on September 25th, 2011, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Trios on August 6th, 2011, 12:37 am

A few bells later Trios casually pushed open the white wooden doors of the medical centre and walked into the light that poured above Riverfall. Strung across both shoulders of the muscled mans was a cane that he no longer needed. One never really understands how good it felt to be able to walk on two feet again without the use of some sort of walking assistance. Trios even did a few squats on his right leg to test it out. The magic had indeed done its purpose, shit he paid out the nose so it should have.

This feeling of adulation at the functioning leg replaced the previous hateful discomfort of the healing having to re-break the leg in order for the magic to work properly. Some Akalak right now would be telling the tale of assisting a healer in her work to break a rather strong leg bone. It wouldn’t have taken this many bells had this certain aspect of the procedure taken so long.

The magic portion was an understatement to the word interesting. Trios has never seen or felt such a kind of arcane magic it was almost impossible describe. It felt like light and water combined to make a healing element or something along those lines. Time seemed almost irrelevant when the konti began to use her magic. But strange voodoo magic or whatever it was aside, the leg was healed and that was all that really mattered.

As the Isur casually descended the tiers of Riverfall to the docks the man couldn’t help but find the day a bit more enjoyable. One problem solved, it was time to focus on the things that really mattered. And what really mattered had sails, a deck and floated on a sea of endless possibilities.

Mod Notes:

“The scar tissue itself will remain, as muscle tissue doesn't regenerate like skin and bone does, but rather just is filled with scar tissue to mend the damaged muscle tissue. From the healing however, the use of a cane will no longer be required, but there will be aches from time to time during the colder months and massive storms. Nothing seriously debilitating, but something you will always notice.”

FIN
THEME
Trios

Character sheet