[The Sanctuary] Getting Situated (Mizu and Kara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Riki Stormheart on March 7th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Timestamp: 4th of Spring, 511 AV

The Spring sun shimmered though the leaves of the trees as Riki wrestled with Sadie in the grass. "You aren't going to get the best of me silly little girl!" He laughed as Sadie growled at him and nipped his arm. After a few chimes of tussling the two laid down in the grass, Riki gasping for breath and Sadie, panting with her pink tongue lolling from her mouth. He flipped over onto his stomach and looked at Sadie. "You are a worthy opponent Sadie Stormheart, daughter of Flower!" He rubbed her belly and smiled as her back leg began to kick. He was happy to see she was slowly getting back to her old self. He was worried her run in with the beasts of the Sea of Grass was going to mess her up.

"I love you baby girl." Riki kissed her cheek and pulled her up onto his lap. "I'm glad to see you are feeling better. I am sure you will be back to normal in no time." Sadie let out a little bark and licked Riki's face. He would go off to healing soon but he needed to give a little time to Sadie. He would not forget about her now that they were in Riverfall.
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Pavi.
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Common.
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Words: 68456
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lakara on March 7th, 2011, 9:43 pm

It was yet another beautiful Spring day, and Lakara decided to take a little stroll outside. She hadn't had much opportunity to have time alone since she had arrived in Riverfall, as it turned out, the healers of the Sanctuary were pretty busy people.
"You aren't going to get the best of me silly little girl!"
Lakara turned to the sound of a voice a little ways off, wondering what on earth a comment like that could mean. She moved towards the area where the voice had originated and found, not two people, but a man and a dog. She recognized Riki from around the Sanctuary, but she didn't really know him. She watched for a couple of minutes as the two seemed to have some sort of play-fight, smiling at the obvious companionship.

She wandered closer, so that she ended up in speaking distance of Riki, and smiled down at him.
"You two certainly seem to have a close bond."
You didn't get anywhere by avoiding people, here was her chance to make a friend. Or two if you counted the dog.
Lakara
Aspiring Healer

Words: 29603
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mizuriel on March 9th, 2011, 1:43 am

OOCSorry for delaying this a bit, stuff got busy all of a sudden.

Morning was not really his favorite time of the day, as he could feel a migraine pressing down onto back of his head. As if all of this was not enough to put him in a disoriented state, he also had another chore to do; chase Samantha around the Sanctuary aimlessly. She had really picked a bad moment to play hide-and-seek, or whatever it was this time. He ran after her, pretending to be slower for her entertainment, still the lack of sleep was getting to him again. It was a while since he had a decent night’s sleep, and as such his energy was not really all that charged up and filled with radiance, compared to some other times at least.

Finally catching up to her, he picked her off the ground and hugged her, speaking in a tired tone: “You know I love to play with you, but you really need to give it a rest from time to time” he ruffled her hair smiling. “What do you say we find ourselves some more playmates?” he barely got to finish the sentence when Sam started nodding her little head maniacally. Grinning to himself, he felt relief, as he was unsure if he was capable of handling her alone this early in the morning.

He could hear what he thought was Riki not far off from where they were standing, and before he could get another thought, he was already pursuing the trail of sound. When they finally got there, he could already see Lakara standing next to the happy pair. Letting Sam down, he did not even get a chance to speak, as within a few moments she was already running towards Riki and pulling at his arm. She looked a bit at him, and a bit at the dog, it was obvious she was pleading to pat the animal, but was still unsure if the man himself was against it.

Getting out of his crammed up shell, even Mizuriel got into what could be called a social mood as he walked closer, greeting his co-workers: “Good morning friends, are we interrupting something?” he certainly hoped for everything to work out, if not for the sake of his rest, then for the sake of the small girl that was still hanging from the dog owner’s sleeve.
Mizuriel
The ugliest around, and quite proud of it xD

Words: 63255
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 8:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Riki Stormheart on March 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

A female voice pulled Riki out of his one-sided conversation with Sadie. His green eyes looked up to see Lakara, one of the other healers looking down at them. Riki blushed a bit, a little embarrassed to be caught play-fighting with a dog. He got to his feet and smiled at Lakara. "Yeah, she is my best friend. She is like family to me. Her mother was the reason I received my mark from Rak'keli." Sadie was clearly not finished playing and began to nip at Riki's heels deviously. He turned around and pointed at her. "Hey missy. Manners please." She cocked her head and ran her tongue over her muzzle. "She means the world to me." Sadie walked over to Lakara's side and sniffed at her hand gingerly before giving her hand a small lick. "You can push her away if you like. She doesn't understand that not all people like dogs."

A small girl came running over as Riki spoke with Lakara. She was followed loyally by Mizuriel. She tugged at Riki's sleeve and he looked down at her. "Hello Samantha. You can pet Sadie, go ahead." Sadie turned to Samantha and gave her a small lick on the cheek. "Be careful with her Sade." Riki waved to Mizuriel as he walked up. "Hello Mizuriel. You aren't interrupting at all. We are just talking. Well, I was talking about Sadie. Lakara is being a good listener though." He smiled at Lakara and then looked down at Sadie and Samantha. He was happy to see Sadie had a new friend to play with. Looking back at Mizuriel Riki noticed he looked a little worn out. "Are you okay Mizuriel? You look a little under the weather."
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lakara on March 14th, 2011, 9:34 pm

The Konti's eyes followed Riki as he stood, returning his smile with one of her own. She glanced down at the dog - Sadie as she now knew she was named - and her expression softened. She couldn't imagine a bond with an animal like that. Well, she could, but she doubted that it would be anywhere near what it felt like. She glanced back up at Riki when he mentioned Rak'keli, and she nodded. Lakara had though she felt something when she neared him, though only now she realised it was the power of his Gnosis. She had one too, the mark was on the back of her right shoulder.

She gelt something warm on her hand and looked too see Sadie run her tongue across it.
"Oh, no she's not a problem." She shot Riki a smile, then crouched so she was at the dog's level. She gently patted her head, ruffling the fur. "You're a gorgeous one, hmm?"
She quickly stood when a young girl appeared, and stepped back when Riki gave her permission to pet Sadie. When the man waved, she turned to see another man walking towards them. Mizuriel, as Riki had just called him.
"Ah, hello." She smiled. I'm better at listening than I am talking." She gave the two a wry grin, before nodding at Riki's comment.
"You do seem a little tired, if I may say so."

ooc :
I've put as though I haven't met you two yet, as the other threads we have together take place after this one (:
Lakara
Aspiring Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mizuriel on March 18th, 2011, 10:48 pm

OOCSorry, I failed to post for a bit, but I’m playing catch up now :).

Mizuriel came up to the bunch quickly, stopping next to the two adults. He smiled as they greeted him with questions. Unsure if he had the willpower to think of what to tell them, he went forward with the first thing that popped into his head; the awkward version of the truth. “Sam had nightmares…. I think. She can’t speak, and I didn’t have the have the heart to have her spell it out for me” as he spoke, he tried his best for Samantha not to hear him. The girl took her own issues pretty seriously and would probably punch Mizuriel in the knee if she had heard him.

Returning his attention to Lakara and Riki, he continued: “How about you guys? What got you out playing this early?” he laughed a bit to himself, feeling ancient next to so many young people. Not waiting to get the answers to the first questions, he quickly added another: “Who’s turn is it to feed the animals today? I think I might have lost track of dates” he shook his head in a disapproving manner, hoping this sort of thing does not become a habit. Looking back at Sam to make sure she is still alright, he sighed in relief once he had confirmed it. Even while he knew Sadie probably wouldn’t do anything to harm the girl, he could still feel some paranoia in his brain. He got relaxed almost completely as he saw her smiling and running around with the dog.
Mizuriel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Riki Stormheart on March 26th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Sadie let out a small bark as Lakara pet her. Her tail wagged back and forth as she planted slobery kisses all over Lakara's hand. Riki gave her a small chuckle. "I think he is. She looks just like her mother." Riki was aware of how odd that might sound but he said it anyway. He was proud of Sadie and he was happy her mother, Flower shone through her so much.

"Awww, poor Samantha." Riki frowned a little at hearing that Samantha had a hard night. She seemed like such a sweet girl and he remembered how scared he was of nightmares when he was her age. Sadie licked Samantha's face and rubbed her head agaist her chest. Riki smiled down at Sadie and then looked back at Mizuriel. "Sadie wanted to play and I could not say no to that face so here we are." Sadie seemed wide awake and playful even if Riki longed to climb back into bed for a few more bells of sleep.

"I'm not sure who's turn it is either but how about we all go togather? Riki knew the list was around somewhere but while they were all togather it would not hurt to put in a good group effort. "Does that sound good to you guys?"
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mizuriel on April 2nd, 2011, 4:21 pm

OOCSorry, I failed to post for a bit! :)

Mizuriel felt relaxation on his shoulders when Riki suggested they should all go together. Even if it wasn’t his turn, it was always much easier and fun to complete simple tasks as a group, or at least he thought it would be. While he was used to doing most things alone, he was still a bit unaware of how to function fully in a team, but learning was his forte and he had no doubt in his mind that he was going to grow fond of the secluded atmosphere of the Sanctuary.

Looking at Riki, the man could not help but laugh at his words. Truly, him taking care of Sadie and Mizuriel taking care of Samantha was very much alike; and of course in both cases it was the small critters that were in charge most of the time. Getting back to his old serious self, he added: “I would be glad to do chores together with you!” he knew it was probably best not to make a big deal out of it, but he still felt joy for the acceptance he was being given.

Turning to the Konti, he asked courteously: “Would that be fine with you?” She would have probably been fine with it, but maybe he really was interrupting something. Riki seemed like the type that wouldn’t confess to that even if it were true.
Mizuriel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lakara on June 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm

OOCSucky post. But I wanted to get something done so we can get this properly underway and finished up, since it's taken me so long to get back here.
Lakara glanced back down at the little girl when Muzuriel spoke. She recalled one of the people she had travelled with waking up from nightmares. He had been older than the Konti, so she couldn't imagine what it must feel like for such a young girl.
She looked back over at the two men. "I tend to wake with the sun." She was most definitely a morning person, though she often stayed up well into the night too. A smile lit up her face and she nodded.
"Of course it is fine with me." If anything it would be a way for Lakara to make some new friends while becoming further acquainted with the different personalities of the Sanctuary's animals.
Lakara
Aspiring Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Riki Stormheart on June 27th, 2011, 2:28 am

Riki smiled softly at the two before nodding to Sadie. "Okay then, I suppose we could first make sure the horses are fed and then after sweep the stalls. No sense in cleaning the floor when the horses are going to make a mess of it after eating right?" He patted his thigh, a signal for his canine companion to follow. "Well, I suppose we should get started then."

Once at the stalls Riki looked over at the horses that stood in their stalls. "I suppose if we all take a group of horses the work will get finished faster." His green eyes scanned the stable to see if there was an hay or other feed laying around. He assumed that Mizuriel would be strong enough to lift the hay but he was not sure about Lakara. "Lakara, are you comfortable with lifting the bales of hay?" He blushed a little as he said this. "Uh… not that I don't think you are strong of course! I'm sure you are! I just…" His blush darkened as he looked down at the dirt floor of the stable. He sighed as he looked down at Sadie. He looked at her as he chewed on his lip. "Sorry, I'm sure you can lift the hay." He silently cursed his awkwardness. He really needed to get over that someday.

Silently he moved on to the pick up some hay to take to the horses. "Petch, why am I so awkward?" Sadie trailed beside him looking up at her Drykas companion with her big blue eyes. "I'm sorry okay. I know I embarrass you." He chuckled slightly as he looked down at her. It was clear that the man dealt better with animals than people.

A smiled as he walked up to a beautiful white mare. "Hello there. I'm here with your lunch." Riki rarely talked to animals in common. He felt much more comfortable in his native tongue. He needed to learn common better but when he talked to animals it was the only time he got to speak in hi Pavi tounge.
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets