Questions about Shielding

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Dextren on July 5th, 2011, 11:33 pm

I read the lore, I saw that Shielding (when in capable enough hands) can refuse/restrict/deny/etc physical force and/or Djed, from magic types of course.

I also saw that Shielding could restrict singular people, or even refuse entry from everyone except a person/race/etc, as well as specific types of force (like the slicing of an axe versus the blunt trauma of a mace).

My question is, Could shielding prevent or restrict the transfer of heat through its surface? I'm thinking something along the lines of a wizard forming a shield over his gloves or cloak or any clothing to trap in his body heat, making it that much more bearable to travel in cold temperatures, or to deflect the heat from the sun during excruciatingly hot environments.

If this is possible (which I assume, it is possible), would a Novice level shielder be able to do so with a small object, like I mentioned before, gloves or a cloak?
Dextren
Shut up. I'm not that old.

Words: 21791
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 3:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on July 5th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Well I think it should be possible, I mean you can deflect light why wouldn't heat work? But I doubt you could do it very effectively on novice level though. Novice shields are a bit leaky in the best posibility. But on competent it should be possible to do things like that.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook