(Flashback) Whispered Words (Alice)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Blythe on July 3rd, 2011, 5:14 pm

Blythe simply stared at a woman. Well she has a rather peculiar way of speaking, seemingly in riddles that only she has the answer to... within the inner reaches of her mind. The Konti tilted her head slightly to the side, as though considering Sya's words, and how she should respond. It is rather similar to when one reads the cards, or tea leaves at the bottom of an empty mug... extraordinarily vague, so much so that it truly makes one think about what is said, and all of the things that it could mean. There was a slight pause, whatever could this woman mean? Blythe wondered, as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, and then back again, hoping to buy herself some time before she replied.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Sya," Blythe began, her voice sounding as though she were holding back a bit, as though she were afraid of her words, or whatever was about to come. "And thank you for your help..." Blythe went on before her voice began to trail off. She was not so sure as to how the woman had tried to help her; or if their current conversation was meant to help. For, if anything, it failed to accomplish anything more than the continual scrambling of the woman's mind. All of Blythe's thoughts and feelings swirling together into one, large, chaotic blob. Into something that could no longer be picked apart, distinguished from one another. It made it so very difficult to think.

"Everyone makes mistakes," Blythe went on, "you should not expect yourself to be any different." There was a slight pause, "now, if you spoke more plainly, perhaps one would know how to reply to that which is spoken." There was another slight pause, "it is emotions that guide us. They keep us alive..."

OOCSorry for the odd wording in this post.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alice on July 14th, 2011, 12:15 pm

An expression of surprise appeared on Sya's smooth features. Blythe's words only brushed the surface of her principles, of her very being. Yet there was something hidden in them, she couldn't quite grasp it, but she thought it to be important. And she disliked how she couldn't understand the meaning behind the other Konti's words. Her eyes narrowed. "I could retreat that statement. Emotions guide us? Keep us alive? I don't believe you."

She pouted and took a few steps, bringing distance between her and Blythe. As if she didn't want to get too close to a person who spoke such words. Who believed in such things as emotions. What use were they, really? But she said nothing.

Instead she repeated: "Everyone makes mistakes. True, that. Hm. I should lower my expectations, then. If I continue to overestimate others, I'll be in trouble. Yes, absolutely..." Cutting off her train of thought, she focused on Blythe and her eyes became wide. Between her dream world and reality, there was a thin line she crossed through focusing. Folding her hands in front of her chest, she smiled. A mixture of amusement and pity. "Well then, Blythe. If that is your belief, I'm afraid I can't help you. It was worth a try. Thank you, though, for giving me something to work with in the future. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what I meant if you just make an effort to get them in that little head of yours." With that, she came closer once more and knocked at Blythe's head.

Laughing, she then backed away and disappeared on the paths and between the plants. Blythe wouldn't see her again for a long time. If Avalis willed it so, they would meet again and learn from each other a second time.

Blythe

Experience: 1 Meditation, 4 Interrogation, 5 Philosophy, 2 Observation
Lores: Avalis’ Lullaby, Danger in Mura, Letting your emotions guide you, Shadow Blythe, Being asked to kill a child, Desperation, The Nature of Shadows, Watching the birthing process, Considering murder, Sya’s quirks (basic)

Comments

Again, thanks for the thread. And yes, I know Shadow Blythe is cliché... I gave you Meditation because of the first post and Philosophy and Observation because the focus was her inner conflict and not what she did/action.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous