Jeb

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jeb

Postby Jeb on July 27th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Name: Jeb

Race: Human

Birthday: Winter 34, 498 AV

Physical Description:
Jeb is cute. Standing 4’6” and 67 pounds, he is a little short for his age. He has short-cropped blond hair and a small mouth. His guileless blue eyes completely hide his snide, sarcastic personality. He has no scars or birthmarks to speak of. Even his clothes are of a very common, cheap make. He wears a shirt and pant made of sack cloth, much like the peasants of his old village. In the winter, he also wears a patched up coat. There is a tattoo of a focusing glyph on his right palm, there to help him focus his magic.
Character Concept:
Jeb is a genius. Even though he is only twelve years old, he is a competent mage is a variety of different fields. His capacity to learn is astounding but, unlike many people his age, he isn’t voracious or driven to learn as much as he can about everything. And he isn’t what you would call mature either. He is simply concerned only with his own pleasure, and so he does whatever he feels like doing. Magic is fun to him, so he does this often. Some of his other hobbies include pulling pranks, being a smart-ass, and generally pissing people off. And he doesn’t care who he hurts doing it. Jeb is also cheap. Even though he has quite a bit of money, he spends it only on materials for his magic. He doesn’t buy new clothes because he sees this as a waste of money. When he comes to town, instead of wasting money on food and board, he just goes to the local orphanage. It is very easy for him to escape with his magic.
History:
Pre-Creation:
Jeb was born in Alvadas to a very poor couple. Since they couldn’t take care of a child, they sent him to an orphanage. The owners of the orphanage saw the great potential in Jeb. He was talking intelligibly (not completely full sentences but more than just individual words), at 8 months and walking at 6 months. Flabbergasted and worried that he would never grow to his full potential at the little orphanage, Jeb was given to an old man that was considered to be one of the most respected people in Alvadas.

Possessing the mark of Ionu, the old man was proficient in many magical discipline, and an expert in a couple. After much begging and pleading, he acquiesced to teaching Jeb three of these arts, Shielding, Glyphing and Reimancy. Jeb was best, by far, at Glyphing. His natural precision and attention to detail allowed him to grow to a competent level in a matter of weeks. Shielding was, however, Jeb’s favorite discipline and the one that he practiced the most.
Not a boring man by any means, as his third mark of Ionu attested, the old man’s sense of fun and trickery rubbed off on Jeb. As he learned shielding, glyphing, and, eventually, Reimancy at record speed, he started using them more for fun than for practical application. Instead of practicing by creating shields through meditation or firing fireballs at tree stumps like civilized magicians, they took to the streets. The created shields in the middle of the street, tasked to absorb djed and keep people out, and watch people run into them and fall over with no idea who had hit them.
Over the years that Jeb was with him, the old man’s strength got weaker and weaker. Eventually, he was forced to let Jeb go his own way because he wasn’t able to keep on training with him everyday. So Jeb was loose on the streets at 12 years old, practicing magic and duping people as he pleased.

Training and Skill Points
30 Shielding (Racial Bonus + Starting Package)
25 Glyphing (Starting Package)
10 Reimancy (Starting Package)

Lores
Different Magic Forms(basic)
Religion of Ionu

Languages
Common - Fluent
Ancient Tongue - Poor

Equipment and Possessions
(Below is all from starting package)
Tiny Sackcloth Shirt and Pant with Leather Shoes
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
Flint and Steel
10 Alchemist’s Fires
Knife
2 Blank Books
2 Bottles of Ink
5 Quills
Tales of Ionu (Heirloom)
Light staff with Fox Fire Bulb
Small Coin Purse containing:
379gm 7sm 5cm
(End of “From Starting Package”)

Ledger
Starting Balance: 600 GM
5 Alchemist’s Fire 100gm
Knife 1gm
Lightstaff 25gm
Foxfire Flask 10gm
20 Scrolls 4gm
2 Inks 4gm
5 Quills 2sm 5cm
Total: 455gm 7sm 5cm
Last edited by Jeb on August 1st, 2011, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeb
Devious Little Bastard

Words: 5481
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Character sheet

Jeb

Postby Tattoo on July 30th, 2011, 1:42 am

Hello Jeb and Welcome to Mizahar,

I'm Tattoo, the Character Sheet Liaison, which means I'm the official 'helper' here in the CS forum. I noticed some things about your CS that need improvement. I know it can be a struggle wading through all the lore and getting your character in playable shape - starting with the CS. That's where I come in.

Okay a lot going on here. The first and biggest issue is the age. A six year old, alone in Alvadas would quickly either be adopted or die. And death is the much more likely choice.

Second is his proficiency in magic with his age. A six year old WILL die during reimancy initiation. Not to mention a six year old, due to immaturity and lack of intelligence (child genius still doesn't know everything) would likely overgive and die.

Third is his sarcastic/smartass personality. That is something that comes with age, not intelligence.

Fourth, a three marked Ionu NPC would need approved by the Help Desk.

Fifth, no "well respected, extremely competent mage" would put a child through the hells of learning magic.

Sixth, Ancient Tongue is a language, not a lore, and is incredibly rare and difficult for anyone, let alone a child.

Seventh, you can have one heirloom item, not two.

Finally, you lack your starting languages. You can have up to 3 languages, one Fluent, one Basic, and one Poor. I recommend Common, the most widely used language in Mizahar.

Everything else looks great. Please make the appropriate changes to your CS and PM me, I'll remove this post. Thank you for the CS and I look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to Mizahar :)
Tattoo
Character Sheet Liaison

Words: 27499
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 8:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Jeb

Postby Jeb on August 1st, 2011, 7:13 pm

Alright I edited some things. I doubled his age to 12, so hopefully that gets rid of a good deal of the doubt. I got rid of Ancient Tongue as a lore, and added it instead as my "poor" language. This way I don't really know it that well, but he is at least 12. The master is now not necessarily respected, and he is just has the "mark of Ionu". If this is too much, then I could take the mention of Ionu out completely but I'd rather him have at least the first mark.

Sorry for not doing this sooner, but I didn't even see the comment XD
Jeb
Devious Little Bastard

Words: 5481
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Character sheet

Jeb

Postby Avant Garde on August 4th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Greetings, Welcome to Mizahar!

I am Avant Garde and I am what's known here at Mizahar as a Character Sheet Liaison. My job is to help others with their Character Sheets by making sure they are correct and prepping them for playing. Here I noticed a couple of things in your Character Sheet that need some tweaking.

I can see that Tattoo has already intervened on your Character Sheet once, and that a couple of changes were made, but you still have a bit more to correct.

First of all, I advise you go back and read the rules and regulations of the game. Child prodigies don't exactly just happen. Mizahar is constructed in a way so as to prevent anyone from having an unfair advantage over other players. Marking your character as a phenomenon by having him have unrealistic characteristics is prohibited. Thus, naming Jeb a genius at the age of 12 is highly unlikely. NO BABY learns to walk at the age of 6 months or talk at the age of 8 months. Yes, babies advance at different speeds, but a 6 month old baby hasn't the structural support in his skeleton nor the coordination and sense of balance to learn to walk. Typically babies learn to walk around the time they reach a year old, on average between 11 and 15 months. Also, at the age of 6 months, a baby can BARELY begin to recognize his/her own name. Some children take a couple of years to learn to speak complete, intelligible sentences.

Second is your age. Twelve years old is much to young for a child to be so competent in magic. You must advance his age to at least 15 years of age. While you're at it, I also recommend you read the lore pages on the magics you claim to be so proficient in. It's important to understand the standards of the magic. I have provided a link for you HERE, and from there you can read, scroll, and navigate to find Glyphing, Shielding, and Reimancy. Please read everything, and read it carefully.

There is only one orphanage, and it is located in Syliras. Also, in order to have an NPC (non-playable character) in Mizahar, such as the old man you mentioned to be one of the most renown in Alvadas, you must have special permission. You may request special permissions at the Help Desk.

Next, I must point out that no one grows to a competent level in a certain magic in days or weeks. It can take years to be fully proficient in a magic. There is no "record speed." Please adjust.

Also, most cities have rules that apply to magic. In some cities, you can be reprimanded for using magic in the streets, especially if you are intending to hurt others or practice trickery. Be advised that in many cases, your history would be highly unlikely in that Jeb would have escaped. It's also unlikely that he would be able to roam the streets and hurt people as he pleases, for the same reasons. Please read the rules and regulations of the city you choose to start in, as well as the ones that are included in your history.

Also, under your avatar you have listed "Devious Little Bastard." Please remove the word bastard.

In your lores, you have listed "Different Magic Forms (basic)." While a lore can be just about anything, it needs to be specific, and singular. I would advise you award yourself with a lore of your city, Alvadas, since it is where you are starting.

Everything else looks good so far! Please make the mentioned adjustments to your Character Sheet and you'll be thread-ready! Thank you for your compliance, and I bid you a grand welcome to Mizahar! Feel free to message me with any further questions/comments/concerns. PM me after you have made the requested changes and I will remove this post.

Avant Garde

Avant Garde
Character Sheet Liaison

Words: 26584
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 5:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook