We Dream In Color But Live In Black And White (Liminal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

We Dream In Color But Live In Black And White (Liminal)

Postby Liminal on August 11th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Again, the vague smile. "Then so it is, Kavala Denusk. And so you are."

He reached out and brushed his fingers against Kavala's right hip. There was a feeling as if the woman had been outside during a thunderstorm; the hairs on her arms stood up reflexively. If she were to look at the skin there, she would see a curved stripe, the color of which was constantly changing. It was the unmistakeable symbol of the chavena, and the style was very similar to that which Trelissa carried on her own body.

"You are marked, Kavala Denusk. I have no commands for you as yet, no orders, but I accept your allegiance. I would advise you to practice your newfound knowledge. Your sleep will bring you to the chavena. Learn your own chavi, and learn it well, for if you do not understand your own, you will fail to understand that of others. When the time is right, and I have a task for you, you will be sent for."

Any questions that she had were destined to remain for the moment unanswered. Nysel did not dispense his knowledge without price, and Kavala would have to earn a future moment of questioning. Instead, he snapped his fingers, and the temple vanished instantly into blackness. There was a brief moment of swirling color, and then Kavala was opening her eyes again on the beach where she had begun.

Trelissa was gone. Even Hatot would not have noticed it happening, but the girl was nowhere to be found. Everything was as it was before, but the mark on Kavala's hip was proof that it hadn't been in vain.

OOC: And so it ends!

Kavala: Nysel's first gnosis mark. Lore: dreamwalking (partial), the Chavena (partial), The Guardian's History (partial), How to Enter Nysel's Temple. +3 Observation, +2 Deduction.

Hatot: Lore: the Chavena (partial), The Guardian's History (partial), Things Not to Say to the Guardian (partial). +2 Observation
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous