Surviving is the Key [Conrad, Sama'el]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 4th, 2011, 7:17 am

"To be honest," he told Eldon, "I am beginning to have reservations myself. He seems an all right sort, but I met him before I was initiated myself..." He looked curiously at the sleepy Conrad, who he didn't really know all that well. His own initiation cast a whole new light on this sort of work. Eldon's power could be used offensively, but more often it was of a constructive nature, whereas Sama'el had been given fire, which was possible to use constructively, but more easily turned into a weapon of destruction.

"I'm sorry," he said to Conrad finally, "but he says no. We are not in Riverfall, and we are not the Akalaks. Their honor is their honor, Drykas honor is our honor. We have to know people better before we put weapons in their hands." Some of that was not exactly what Eldon had said, of course, but he felt it captured the spirit of his words.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Conrad on June 27th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Conrad gave one glance at the throwing axe that eldon held out to him and the glare that was directed at him and he could already tell that his little speech about how he needed a weapon was a bit misinterpreted, not to mention that it was probably his fault though.
Standing up from his sitting position he was about to explain it further, but sama'el cut him off, explaining why he wasn't going to be taught the art, something about drykas honor being different from akalak honor, but that didn't really make sense to him, honor was honor if you asked him.
As soon as sama'el was done with his apology conrad tried to explain himself a bit more, he wasn't about to give up on those lessons just yet.

He held up his right hand and slowly forced the djed to begin to twist his flesh, the bones of his fingers lengthened and began poking through his skin, sharpening themselfes as they did so. Conrad ignored the pleasant feeling that overcame his hand, vaguely wondering why it didn't feel like ants crawling over his skin before going back to the task at hand.
“If I want to kill somebody I just rip open his throat with my claws sama'el, its enormously hard to keep a person you just want to subdue alive with this though, most of the time even if you are good with it you just can't subdue an armed opponent without permanently maiming them.
With reimancy on the other hand, you can sink him in the ground for half a meter if you can manipulate the earth, with wind you blow him out of balance so that you can knock him out more easily with a simple fist and you can tie him up afterwards, water can imbalance your opponent if you throw it at the ground and let him slip, or you can obsucre his vision if you spray it in his face.”
Conrad paused for a few moments.
“It can also keep your travel group alive if you are out of water and fire is the only element that I don't find immediately come up with a way to subdue an oponent with minimal damage but being able to direct fire is incredibly handy when you are a doctor.” Conrad uneasily waited for their response, hoping that at least the why he wanted it was a bit more clear. He would hate to be just sent away with nothing to show for his effort.

OOC: sorry for the long wait, I had exams.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on June 29th, 2011, 2:14 am

Eldon listened to his cousin translate for Conrad, and he was shocked, appalled even at what he heard. Eldon made it clear that he wouldn't accept the use of Reimancy as a weapon, but Conrad continued to pursue just such an ideal. Conrad was dangerous, and from what Eldon understood, he was power hungry, not trustworthy. Eldon looked at Sama'el, his bandaged hands. He could just do it and kill Conrad, nobody would be the wiser, nobody except Sam. Sam, the only person he wouldn't be comfortable exposing his will to slaughter the generic human in all of Endrykas. No, he wouldn't kill Conrad, but he wouldn't give him a chance at greater power. He returned the axe to the loop in his belt, and without any more communication that his head moving slowly from left to right to Conrad, he turned and walked away to Endrykas. Eldon, couldn't do it. He trusted Sam's judgement too well, and even Sam was having doubts about him. Eldon owed Conrad nothing.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on August 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Eldon Sunkiss

Experience:

Observation: 1 xp

Lores:

Midnight Meetings
An Outsiders worth
Question of Honor

Sama'el

Experience:

Observation: 1 xp

Lores:

This is the night
Is Conrad worthy?

Conrad

Experience:

Morphing: 1 xp

Lores:

Woken up in the night
Refused to be initiated

If you think I missed anything just send me a pm.
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous