[Flashback] And all the king's daughters... (Lakara, Shri)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Selvaria on July 4th, 2011, 3:59 pm

OOCOnward...

Out here, a family of Konti so far away from their motherland bonded with the sea. Though the little ones found it awkward at first, they eventually learned to unite their body with the sea. Indeed, swimming is effortless for the Konti. Perhaps with practice the younglings could learn how to become adept swimmers and great divers or hunters.

Lararia beckoned her children to come close, and she enticed every on to hold hands with one another. Eventually they formed a circle, a loop that speaks its own bonds. They were all daughters of Avalis, daughters of Laviku. Each one of them were called to their own threads of fate, all of them forming an intricate tapestry.

She held Sheva's hand on her left and Lakara on her right, Shri was in between the two sisters. She adjusted her space between them, closing the space inside the circle without letting go of their hands. Slowly, she guided them to push themselves backward, akin to the blossoming flower. It was fun for all of them, akin to playing.

Laughter rippled from Selvaria's lips. She could do this all day. She looked at her sisters and found in them her siblings. They were part of her life. Soon Lararia ordered them,
"Let us swim back to the surface." Their mother did not show any sign that they have to let go of the loop, so Selvaria waded with her legs - cutting the water with perfect paddling... front, back, front, back. When Shri and Lakara caught up, they started to inch upward, and the young Konti all wondered at their newfound ability.

Selvaria, of course, was ecstatic than ever, she was attuned to the water more than her sisters. At times she propelled herself ahead of them, though their mother was quick to remind her of her manners.

Moments later four heads popped above the surface, all of their faces happy, all of their hands grasping each other.
"What do you want to do next?" Lararia asked, but no sooner than she punctuated her question Selvaria answered, "Pick up shells!"

Should there be no dissent, their mother would lead all her children back to the shore.
And she said, "I will only surrender my heart to the man who can make me surrender my suvai."

Be Family! | My Character Sheet
Selvaria
Please don't tell my Father.

Words: 15132
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2010, 2:50 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Lakara on August 12th, 2011, 12:19 pm

oocI was waiting for Shri but I guess she's not coming back to us?
It took the young Konti some time, a little longer than her sisters to acquaint her her body with the water and the motions of swimming. However when she did so, her movements started to flow, to come together as naturally as breathing. The curious girl swam close as her mother beckoned, as she grasped her outstretched hand, linking her other with Shri's.

The circle formed, Kara's eyes alighted with curiosity and excitement. She let herself be pulled inwards, closer and closer till all she could see were the smiling faces of her family. She mimicked her mother, pushing backwards with her, her laughter joining with that of Selvaria's.

She nodded at their mother's words, and was about to relinquish her hold on her family's hands when she felt tugging on them. Sheva was trying to swim upwards, still joined to Shri and Lararia, and the motions pulled on Lakara's hands. She kicked her legs back and forth to catch up, to propel herself to the same height as the rest of them. It was something else new and exciting, and she marveled in it. Sheva of course seemed to be perfectly attuned to the seas already, and Lakara would often find her arms being pulled upwards as her excited sibling pushed onwards.

As they broke the surface, Kara blinked and smiled, thrilled at her first underwater venture. Her enthusiasm was closely matched to Selvaria's. "Yes! Pretty shells!"

The trio of siblings were led back to shore by their ever watchful mother. As soon as they had stumbled back onto land, she relinquished her hold on Lararia's hand and crouched, running her delicately webbed hands over the ground in an attempt at shell-hunting.
Lakara
Aspiring Healer

Words: 29603
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous