Dawn of a New Day (Taln)

Sarye meets Taln because he saves her scarf. Sarye shows him kindness and Taln shows her Reech. Taln knows Sarye's sister and takes her to see Kerra but the meeting doesn't go well.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Dawn of a New Day (Taln)

Postby Sarye on August 13th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Early morning light Summer 72 511 AV OOCI can change the day if you need. Just let me know.

The early morning sunlight danced across the still waters of the Kanti Lake. There wasn't a breeze this morning but Sarye could smell that rain was on the horizon. Hopefully if a storm came it would not be extreme enough to shut down the city but that was quite a bit to hope for in Wind Reach. Sarye leaned back onto the column and looked over the breathtaking views that never got old to her; she longed for them greatly in winter and couldn't get enough of them in summer. Finally able to enjoy her first day off after working ten, this place was always her favorite spot in Wind Reach.

Sarye closed her eyes dreaming of what it would be like to finally be an Avora Chef and not just a common cook. Maybe then she would have the help she needed to get her sister moved up from the chaste of Dek. Shaking her head Sarye said aloud to herself, "Today is not the day for dwelling on something that I can't change. Today is for enjoying the view and time to relaxing myself. Sarye opened her eyes up to take in the beautiful view again and swung her right leg over the end of the archway swaying it calmly.
Last edited by Sarye on September 22nd, 2011, 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarye
Player

Words: 20102
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 5:01 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Taln on August 13th, 2011, 9:50 pm

"Why bother sleeping when it's another today already." Muttered Taln in a very quiet voice. Sunlight caught his coppery hair, nearly setting it ablaze in the fresh new light.

He knew he had almost two bells before his shift with the bird clean up, but it wouldn't make any sense to try and sleep now. The Dek walked over to look out at the morning view with bleary, tired eyes.

The fresh red welt on his back ached and he did his best to ignore it. The man always went here to get away from other inarta at night, so everything seemed only vaguely familiar by morning's light.

The Dek's emerald eyes scowled fiercely into the oncoming light and he turned a bit to the side so it wasn't too much to take. Wearily he leaned his long frame against the wall, just soaking in the quiet. Taln started to exhale and relax, that is until he heard a voice just around the corner.

A beautiful woman sat with her eyes closed and looking completely relaxed as her long shining hair was lifted by a playful breeze.

Taln froze like a deer.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Sarye on August 13th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Her leg grew tired of the swaying and was brought back up onto the stone archway while closing her eyes again. Gentle droplets of mist brought by a gentle breeze hit her face. The fresh water on her face was refreshing and encouraged her senses to awaken in the morning. The aromas from the air made her dream of the aromas she could make in the kitchen; the sweet smell of stew ingredients melding into one another.

The breeze gliding through her hair like waves; Sarye breathed in deep completely relaxing now in her spot. The gust grew picking her scarf up off the top of her hair. Sarye’s eyes quickly opened while her hand was reaching for the hem of the garment but the gust was too great and the scarf was out of her reach. It was then that she noticed the man standing not far from her. Reacting quickly she called out to him, “Please, help me with my scarf! The wind caught it and it’s getting away.”
Sarye
Player

Character sheet

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Taln on August 14th, 2011, 12:49 am

The fluttering scarf raced along the wind like an eagle, dipping and soaring. The flapping bit of cloth was relatively close and Taln hopped onto the side of the stone archway to snatch it from the errant wind.

Almost missing the soft little thing, he barely managed to catch it with his fingertips. He hopped down and stood before Sarye. The Dek held out the head cloth to the woman, with his head bowed and his eyes to the side.

'A Chiet it looks like,' he evaluated her through his lashes, 'and quite a lovely one.'

"Your scarf Chiet."

The man kept his six foot frame very still now, knowing that some found his size a bit threatening. Standing so close to her, he could smell..Gods, food on her! He willed his stomach not to growl when he was so near the woman, who looked and smelled delicious.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Sarye on August 14th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Sarye watched her beautiful scarf flutter away in the wind hoping the man would help her. With one swift motion he was up on the stone archway and reaching for the lacey cloth that she so loved. Her heart jumped when he just barely caught it. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Sarye called out as he hopped down from the archway.

Sarye couldn’t help but notice the physique of this man. He was clearly from the Dek chaste by his appearance and the scars from beatings on his body, but the work Dek’s do certainly showed favor on his statuesque form. Before she could realize what she was doing her right hand reached for one of his scars on his shoulder while Taln’s hand was still reached out to her. Looking sorrowful Sarye said, "I know it comes with being part of you chaste but I hate to see scars on your bo... I mean anybody. Sarye blushed and then recollected herself, "I have a name just like you do. If you call me by mine I’ll call you by yours."

Removing her hand from his shoulder she reached for her scarf now smiling at Talin, "My name is Sarye. Thank you for helping me with my scarf."
Sarye
Player

Character sheet

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Taln on August 15th, 2011, 12:09 am

The lovely woman's grateful exclamations were a startling surprise. Taln had never been thanked by anyone--especially someone of higher caste. The dek carefully watched her face as her eyes slid over his body, taking in every detail. He stood and waited for a lewd remark that never came.

He paused patiently for her to take the lace and just stopped himself from wincing as Sarye reached out a gentle hand to touch a scar on his shoulder. The dek anxiously tensed up and stilled himself for an attack that didn't happen. Her kindness made him nervous, unsure of what to do with himself. He looked at her from beneath the curtain of coppery hair and his mouth went dry.

'Compassion? From a chiet?' The man was stunned at the delicate woman's kind demeanor and flustered tone--and blush! Both eyebrows raised and he looked at her with piercing emerald eyes, widened in disbelief.

He gave her the bit of cloth, their fingers brushing for a brief moment. Sarye's hands looked as tiny and fragile as a doll's next to his large, calloused ones.
Taln answered in a very quiet voice, still tinged with awe at her complete lack of any harshness or edge whatsoever. The man couldn't remember the last time he'd seen such a geniune and breath-taking smile on an Inarta. Ever.

"My name is Taln, Chiet Sarye. I-" It was awkward being thanked repeatedly by this beautiful woman and he felt like a big oaf next to her.

"You told me to get your scarf, so I did as you commanded."

'Why was she thanking me for following an order? And why did she want to feel my scars?' he wondered, truly puzzled.

Never had Taln received so much compassion and kindness--and from a chiet no less! He bowed his head again, letting the hair slide forward to cover his eyes as he averted his gaze to the ground.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Sarye on August 15th, 2011, 1:35 am

His piercing emerald green eyes caught her attention and made chills run down her body; although she tried to hide them. Something in her was intrigued by the disbelief she saw in her eyes. She knew why he was so surprised. Her sister still coiled at her touch but she insisted on giving her the love that their parents had denied her all her life. Maybe that is why Taln was already such an interest to her even though they had just met.

"Taln," Sarye repeated to him, "I like your name. And my name is Sarye not Chiet Sarye. I don’t say your caste before your name. I understand the respect you are trying to show me but I see you as an Inarta just like me."

Sarye’s hand reached for his chin and turned his face toward her, "I did not command you to get my scarf. I simply asked for your help. You are not my slave to boss around. You may serve the other Inarta like that but not me, please. And that was not an order either. You may choose to follow that or not. " Sarye’s eyes were filling up with tears by the time she said the last sentence. This interaction reminded her so much of how her sister reacted to her and now she was sure this day would be filled with thinking of Kerra and now Taln.

Sarye turned from Taln ashamed of the tears that flooded her eyes and streaked down her face.
Sarye
Player

Character sheet

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Taln on August 15th, 2011, 2:30 am

Taln looked fearfully over his shoulder and made sure there was still no one around to hear Sarye say such things. They would beat her and him for such talk! In private, you can do as you please, but words and ranks were always carefully given in public. Otherwise, someone of higher caste would call them out and ... worse.

"You may call me whatever you please, but for your safety and mine, allow me to call you Chiet Sarye in public."

The dek recoiled and visibly flinched as she brought a hand up near his face, but then stood very still. He swallowed hard, but allowed the scarlet haired beauty to turn his face to hers. Reluctantly he met her amazingly vivid blue eyes. His gaze wavered and held for a brief chime. Nervously he licked his lower lip and wrenched his eyes from Sarye when he saw her tearing up.

'Why was she talking like this? It was madness to say these things out loud in public. And what's with the tears? The only time I ever cried was when I was five, for losing half my sight! Why is she?' Although he was relieved she wasn't putting her hands on his face anymore, he had no idea why she was crying. The poor man was flustered and scrambled to think of something to make Sarye stop crying. Taln could show her his little hatchling, Reech. It was nearly time to feed him anyway.

"If you stop crying, I'll show you my secret, Chiet Sarye. It will make you smile--I promise." The man said earnestly, taking a step closer to her.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Sarye on August 17th, 2011, 5:15 pm

OOCSorry for the late reply. Busy beginning of the week.Sarye could see the nervous fear in Taln’s eyes as she turned back around to him; her eyes all puffy and her pale face splotchy. Sarye knew she needed to tell him about why she was crying but she could not yet. Could she really trust this man to tell him everything? Maybe he could help Kerra if her knew her, but she didn’t want to endanger him to ask him. She knew he deserved something from her though for putting him through this fear of punishment.

Sarye’s eyes soften, "I’m so sorry, Taln, sometimes I just get overcome by my emotions and do not think rationally anymore. I’ve had many things in my life shifted upside down within the last few years and I tend to wear my grief on my face. For both of our safeties, follow what you think is best."Sarye breathe caught while she was trying to calm herself more.

Sarye smiled at the mention of Taln’s secret. She looked into his earnest face punctuated by his emerald eyes and couldn’t help but giggle. "Look you’ve already made me smile. I would love to see this secret of yours." Sarye felt the warmth of his body as he stepped closer and caught her breath willing herself not to touch his face again since he was reluctant to her last touch.
Sarye
Player

Character sheet

Dawn of a New Day (Open)

Postby Taln on August 17th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Taln took out his only clean bit of cloth and held it up into the damp cool wind, allowing it to gather moisture. After a brief chime, he handed the now moistened cloth to Sarye and let her cool off her tear dampened face.

His eyes widened in surprise at her apology and explanation.

"Uh you really don't have to apologize to me chiet Sarye and it's really none of my business why a lady would do as she does."

The dek did his best to behave as he should in public, but it was clear that this woman was more comfortable in private. He knew taking her to see Reech would give her privacy and the freedom to act and speak as she chose. Taln could definitely understand and fully agree with that!

The man hadn't felt this kind of conflict with someone before. If took effort to keep his gaze from locking on her brilliant blue eyes, long lashes and full red mouth. Best not to get any idea in his big fat head.

'She's a Chiet, I'm a Dek and that's that.' He tried to discipline his unruly thoughts.

Her smile made him forget how to breathe or even think for full chime. Her uncommon beauty paired with her compassion was like finding a delicate and lovely butterfly in the middle of a stark, dry desert.

When he stepped closer to her, Taln's mouth went dry again. She smelled and looked so incredible he could only stare at her until he remembered his place and looked away again. His face flushed at being caught staring so boldly.

The tall man flashed her a quick smile and said,
"Chiet Sarye, follow me and I'll show you a wonderful secret!"

He shortened his large stride so as not to outpace the delicate woman. When they finally reached the warrens, the dek turn a quick corner and dashed into a small cave room with just enough space for two people to stand side by side.

A bundle of feathers, leaves, twigs and shreds of his only Lontev were gathered into a cozy little nest. Inside the nest was a fluffy half grown peregrine falcon. Fawn and white baby feathers fluffed out in awkward places as the juvenile chick tried to moult into adulthood. He seemed like a bird version of Taln. Rough around the edges with a slightly fierce look, but very gentle despite his height and appearance.

Taln gestured proudly to the adorable fledgeling.

"Reech this is Sarye, Sarye, this is Reech."

He beamed like a carefree boy, thrilled to share his one and only true happiness in life--the life he'd saved. His only friend in the world; until now.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next