Answering the Call (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Liam on May 24th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Timestamp: Spring 38, 511 AV

Deep under the waters of Lake Ravok Liam was at rest within the dark confines of his chest, the only object left linking him to his former life. As always he had been training and as always he required time to rest after each experiment, as he had begun to call them. Liam's energy was at full once more, his soul mist fully regenerated, but he hadn't deigned to leave his watery grave just yet. That is until he heard the call. Liam stirred, rising out of his chest and looking around but he could find nothing. He heard the call again, beckoning to him. It wasn't really a sound that he heard, more something he felt. What could be doing this? Liam's eyes swept about once more but saw only fish. The call was coming from somewhere up above, and so Liam blinked to the surface, hovering invisibly above the rippling waters. The call was coming from somewhere in Ravok. Liam hesitated a moment longer before decoding he had nothing better to do and moving toward the city. For his own amusement Liam let himself become visible, taking on the visage of his youth as a warrior, and walked casually across the surface of the lake startling quite a few ravosalamen in the process. Liam stepped onto the docks and proceeded into the city, following the call.

It didn't take Liam very long for Liam to find the source of his curiosity. Unlike the living citizens of Ravok Liam did not have to wait for boatmen or search for bridges to cross canals, nor did he have to go around buildings or weave through crowds. Taking the direct route Liam quickly discovered the source of the call in a random alley in the docks district. It was a familiar looking woman, one he had met some time ago though Liam could not immediately recall her name. The call was coming from.... her thighs? Had he truly come all this way just to see a pair of thighs, nice though they were? Liam was quite perplexed by the situation; he had not felt a yearning for a woman's thighs since he was alive nor had he had any way to relieve such yearning.. unless perhaps he were to share the experience with a possessed. It could be an interesting experiment, true, but Liam doubted that was the reason for his being there. And then Liam remembered who the woman was.

Her name was Aello. She was a spiritist, a person who dealt with ghosts like himself. Perhaps she had called him to her, though she was not looking about expectantly so that might not be the case. Maybe the summons had been unintentional? Liam considered leaving, but after a moments hesitation decided against it. This woman was just what he needed, truly. Liam needed someone to help him train, someone who was versed in magic and would not be shocked by his use of it. Perhaps Aello would be willing to practice with him of he offered to teach her a bit of his art, or maybe he could pay her? Liam did not like the prospect of bringing coins up from his chest one by one, but if that's what he had to do then he would. Finally deciding his decision to stay might prove to be a good idea, Liam appeared a few feet in front of Aello.

"I remember you, Aello. Why did you call me here?"
Last edited by Liam on May 25th, 2011, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Aello on May 25th, 2011, 1:25 am

Aello was sitting in a dark alley, with her back against the wall of one of the many buildings that lined it. Her bag and her bow were resting to the right of her body, and her eyes were set on the golden rays of sunlight that trickled down from the clear blue sky, as well as Yune who was basking in its expanse. Flying around in circles and singing one of her merry little songs. "You should come down from there Yune, you're going to wake the whole town!" Aello scolded as her expression hardened in mock anger. "Then we're going to have to explain why we woke each of the townspeople up." There was a slight pause, "you should trust your mistress Yune, no one is going to be happy about it." The bird ignored her, and soared even higher in the sky, chirping even louder, because she refused to listen to what Aello said, and because she didn't care if the Ravokians were forced to wake up because of her song. The day was simply too beautiful to remain silent.

As Aello watched Yune soar higher and higher in the sky, blotting out the sun from time to time, she sighed. She never could control the free spirits of the animals. Nor did she truly want to crush them. But, from time to time, she would appreciate their obeying her; especially when they were in trouble. Aello sighed again as the bird let out an even higher note. "What does it take Yune?" Aello asked, "for you to respect your mistress? For you to learn when it is time to fly freely, and when it is time to stick close to the one who keeps you alive?" It was little more than a whisper, although, it seemed to flow through the air; to fly alongside Aello's sparrow. "Unless you don't want to be protected anymore... perhaps you prefer being able to feel the wind beneath your wings, whenever you would like." There was a slight pause, maybe she doesn't need me as much as I would like to think she does.

It wasn't as though Aello were truly in danger, or that Yune was either. After all, she was the only bird in the sky. It was simply that Aello was trying to lie low, and Yune was beginning to make that somewhat difficult. Maybe she should be set free, Aello thought, as a shiver shot up her spine. She could feel someone's eyes on her, and instantly, every muscle in her body tensed. So much for being free... Aello thought, as she looked up to find a ghost staring back at her. The ghost was young, more than likely the youngest she had encountered for quite some time, and he wore mail armor. A shield was slung across his back and he carried a sword. You have met this one before, in the forest. The dagger called him to you. "Hello Liam," Aello said, as she slowly got to her feet.

"How have you been?" Aello asked, as she tilted her head slightly to the side. No one had called, and yet he had come... "And why have you come?" she continued, "for no one has called you." There was a slight pause as Aello considered her words. Her hands sank instantly onto her thighs, her right resting atop of the cursed blade. It was this... her mind whispered, as she pulled the blade out of concealment, hardly realizing what she had done, until she felt the metal of the hilt pressing into her fingertips; her palm. It's as cold as their bodies are... so very much like death... Aello's grasp tightened around the blade. "This must have brought you back to me Liam, for it calls to your kind," Aello explained. "It brought you last time, it is no surprise it has done so again." There was a slight pause, "surely you remember the bloodied blade Liam," she said, as she raised it a little higher, the sun now capable of hitting it. The silver of the blade flashing in its light. "The one that never leaves the spiritist's side."

OOCLiam sounds like a Konti. Just saying...

P.S. Sorry this is such a blah post.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Liam on May 26th, 2011, 12:39 am

Liam eyed the dagger when Aello showed it to him. He did not recall her showing him a weapon the last time they met, though it would explain why he had been drawn to her thighs. The dagger wasn't calling for him anymore, Liam noticed, and he assumed that it must have known somehow that he had arrived. Then Liam remembered that something similar, though not quite as urgent, had drawn him out into the forest. He had felt the need to find something, and he has found Aello. Again he had felt something, and again he had found Aello. And why was the dagger bloody? Had the spiritist recently killed someone and forgotten to wipe her blade? Liam had many questions, but he didn't want to offend the spiritist either. What if the dagger could hurt him?

"That is an interesting weapon you have there. I wonder why it brought me here?"

Liam recalled that she had asked how he had been. Liam thought about it for a moment. Things had been going well for him, he supposed. He wasn't making the progress he would have liked, but it wasn't as if he had to rush anything. One of the few luxuries to being dead is that he had all the time in the world to accomplish his goals. "I am doing well. I have mostly just been training since we last met, practicing my skills on different things. It is.. very taxing, so progress is slow." Liam paused, considering whether or not he should continue down his current train of thought. "Actually, when I saw you I thought you might be able to help me. You see... I want to start practicing using magic while I have possessed someone."

Liam wished he could still cast spells himself, but his lifeless djed was not strong enough to channel any kind of magic. He was worried, however, that he might accidentally overgive if he were to possess someone and try it, especially if the person was an unwilling host and he was distracted with fighting for control. "The problem is, using magic is going to be dangerous. An unwilling host might fight against me and cause me to overgive. Even the beggars I recruit to help me with promise of coin fight me every step of the way with their fear and distrust. I need someone or something that isn't afraid of me that I can practice with." Liam wasn't sure if Aello would catch the hint, but he didn't want to just come out and say, Hey, can I possess you and perform potentially dangerous magic spells? Maybe he should just ask her out right though.. but Liam barely knew the girl. He decided to wait and see what her reaction would be, perhaps she would suggest a different solution he hadn't thought of. Or maybe he would just have to come out and offer her some sort of payment.

OOCNo worries.. mine is pretty blah also... And after rereading I see what you mean about the Konti think and I agree, lol.
Liam
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aello on May 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm

"Why this blade calls to you," Aello began, "why it calls to each of your kind shall more than likely always remain a mystery." There was a slight pause, unless the ghost you got it off of knows why it has this ability. "Unless there is someone in this world who could provide the answer, using some sort of magic maybe," Aello finished before falling silent, so that she may listen to Liam. As she did so, Aello simply stared into his eyes, and noticed how his body seemed to flicker from time to time, and they would fade. Just like the dead...

As Aello simply took him in, she began to realize that she was not just looking at the soulmist that surrounded him like a thick fog. She was looking at something more, a washed out looking, golden colored mist had wound its way into the soulmist that surrounded Liam. It was his aura. From time to time it would sparkle, tiny glints of gold, giving the aura an extra, added sense of warmth. What the ghost says is true, he wishes to learn to practice his magic. A magic unlike yours. But something you have seen before. Aello nodded, the glints did seem familiar. As she continued to stare, and consider his words, she realized that the sparkles had turned into tiny balls of fire. Orange, red and yellow swirled together, threatening to ignite anything they touched. As Liam's soulmist passed over them, the colors seemed to fade. Everything that surrounds a ghost seems to die along with it... even the color associated with an aura.

There was a slight pause in the girl's thinking as she stared at the orbs of flame, he can control fire, to a degree. He may not be good at harnessing the magic yet, she thought, as she closed her eyes and held them shut for a few moments, before opening them again. When Aello opened her eyes, the aura had faded away. She placed the dagger back in its proper place in order to seem slightly less threatening to him, before replying, "spiritists are possessed all the time. There would be no fear there, if you chose one of us as your host." There was a slight pause as Aello swallowed the clump of saliva that had gathered in her throat. "If you chose me... but you must understand that the ghost is, incapable of feeling while it controls the body. Surely you know that by now, Liam?" Aello asked. "You know that while your host may feel tired, you shall not. In fact, you may want to keep on going for a long, long time. It is probably that simple fact which drives your hosts to misery, to complaints, to fighting you every step of the way." That and their fear of just what he is, what he represents. Holding the hand of death itself...

"You can use my body for your magic," Aello began, "but as soon as you have taxed it too much, you shall be expelled. Otherwise, you may not have someone to practice on again. Do you think that is fair Liam?" Aello asked, her hand still resting on her thigh, right on top of the blade. Even though it could do nothing but bring him closer to her...

OOCSorry this is such an odd post.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liam on June 3rd, 2011, 12:09 am

Liam considered Aello's words thoughtfully. She seems to think I am more powerful than I really am.. More likely I will tire long before she does. But perhaps it would he wise to let her think otherwise. Liam's gaze drifted away from Aello temporarily, falling on the calm waters of the lake. It's too bad I never learned to control water, he thought idly. In life he had been a wielded of Fire and Earth, fire being his primary. Liam was as of yet unaware that he no longer had the skill to wield both elements. But it wouldn't be long before he found out. Finally Liam nodded and held his hand out, only to think better of it when he remembered he no longer had a solid hand to shake.

"Agreed. I will only stay in until you ask me to leave. ...was there something you would like for payment? I have money, or perhaps I could try to teach you as I practice. Unless you would like something else.. though I don't know what more I could give you considering I am just a ghost."

Whatever Aello decided, be it some sort of payment or wanting nothing at all, Liam would most likely agree and prepare for the next phase of their interaction together. "Alright.. I am going to possess you now. It will feel, well, I guess you already know what it's going to feel like, don't you? Let me know if you are uncomfortable in anyway and I will stop." Liam vanished and a moment later Aello felt the familiar cold feeling that came with being possessed as Liam slipped into her body. For Liam it was an entirely new experience. Normally when he possessed someone they instinctively fought him at every turn, even when willing, and it was quite tiresome to assert any kind of control over their body. But Aello had been possessed many times, she was used to the sensation, and it was much easier to settle into her body. While others were like wearing cumbersome armor, Aello fit him like a second skin. But beneath all the ease of possession Liam sensed Aello could likely expel him easily if she wished to do so. This was also something Liam had not experienced before, for usually he possessed only those of weak will who had to fight him to remove him.

Interesting, Liam commented as he tentatively tried to wiggle Aello's fingers. If he was met with no resistance he would hold up one of her hands and wave it experimentally in front of him. It's almost like your body belongs to me, and yet I can tell you could easily remove me of you wished. Are all spiritists this... smooth? Liam didn't really expect an answer to the question, since Aello didn't really have any way of knowing what it would be like to possess another spiritist. The question had merely been hypothetical. Hmm.. your body is different than those I've possessed before also. You are female... It is interesting to feel parts I have never felt before.

Feel was not really the best word to describe what Liam was experiencing. He did not really feel Aello's body, but rather sensed the differences. Liam could sense the muscles in her arm that were representative of her being an archer. He could sense the dagger pressed against her thigh, as well as the difference in body parts. The added weight in the chest, the absence of certain parts between the legs, the difference in curvature from the male bodies he had possessed before and what little he remembered of his own body. It was all rather strange. Liam's conscious thoughts were an open book to Aello, choosing not to hide anything from his gracious host, and he hoped she would not be offended by his scrutiny of her body. But, as fascinating as Aello's body was, Liam was there for a different purpose. His focus turned inward and after A few chimes Aello would start to feel something stirring inside her.

It was likely a feeling she had never felt before, though she might recognize the source as the same source she drew from when channeling power to fuel her Auristics. It was her djed, but instead of channeling it into her eyes Liam sent it outward toward the tips of her fingertips. The process was slow, since Liam didn't want to harm her, but eventually Aello could feel the djed gathering under the skin of the palm of her right hand, a warm energy that was both powerful and soothing all at once. When Liam had gathered enough djed beneath the palm of her hand he paused. Aello could sense confusion from the ghost, and after a moment his voice sounded in her head. Strange... I remember being able to do this easily. I remember being able to wield more than one element... but. I can't remember how.. it's like. It's as if I am a beginner again. This may be more tricky than I thought.

OOCIf I jumped to far ahead or anything and you need me to edit my post just let me know. Also, if at any point Aello attempts to retake control Liam will step aside so to speak and let her.
Liam
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aello on June 3rd, 2011, 3:24 am

"There is nothing that you need give," Aello replied, as Liam stepped inside her body, and a familiar cool overcame her. Aello glanced up at the sky, and closed her eyes, as a shiver shot up her spine. It took her a second to look back down again, away from the sun. "You never do get used to that first part Liam," Aello whispered. When the ghost first becomes one with you, she finished, in her thoughts, knowing that if he wanted to listen he could hear her.

After Aello finished her thought, she fell silent for a long time, simply allowing the ghost to get used to her, how her body moved. She could feel him wiggling her fingers; it was like he was stretching after a very long slumber. After being confined to one's bed for a long time. No, when we first start learning Liam, when we are possessed for the first time... we probably have just as much trouble accepting there being another entity inside of us; controlling us, as someone who is inexperienced in the ways of ghosts. Those you are far more used to. There was a slight pause, you always fight it the first few times, and then, it seems that you start to get used to the idea. Sometimes, you may so much as enjoy it, when you catch little bits and pieces of who the ghost once was... memories. The things they can teach you. But sometimes, when they are far stronger than you, it can be so very scary. There was a slight pause, some ghosts are too strong to be expelled, even by more gifted spiritists, it seems. Although, those spiritists can sometimes keep the ghost from doing anything too bad.

Aello's thoughts stopped after that; she didn't want Liam to see what had come to her mind. Aello didn't want him to see the first time she had met Cassandra, when the ghost had gained so much control over her, that Aello had been forced to kill. Aello didn't want Liam to view her as weak, and thus, she temporarily closed off her mind to him, so that he could not see. However, that did not mean that she couldn't still see the things he was doing with her body. Or feel his movements through space, or the tingling sensation he had created, whatever that was. It did not mean that she could not hear him.

When Liam had finished speaking, Aello replied, "perhaps that is normal. After all, this isn't your body. Maybe you have to get used to sharing it with me first, before you regain all the strength you had in life? All the same skills?" After the words had left Aello's lips she fell silent for a moment, "and you couldn't have practiced your magic for a while now, could you? Being a ghost? Being unable to find a willing host?" Aello went on. "Maybe it's only natural for you to feel like this... to struggle. You need to get used to walking the line between life and death once more, right? Instead of simply settling in, well... death."

Aello allowed Liam to keep on practicing, seemingly struggling to make his magic work. It seemed so unnatural to her that someone could expect to harness, and tame one of the elements, let alone two. They simply, by their own nature, seemed so wild. How could a man, no a ghost, control their essence? "Liam," Aello began, "perhaps it would help if you took a moment to relax, to let yourself breath. In through the nose we now share, and then back out through the mouth. Perhaps if you clear your mind, it will come more easily," she finished, hoping that she was wrong. She was feeling somewhat nervous now, what if the element was fire?

And how did the ghost know?

OOCAs I said, a very strange little post. Um... the stuff in italics in the last para and little sentence, Liam probably wouldn't pick up on since Aello is doing her level best to keep her thoughts from getting to him. (And her feelings. We all know how much she loves uncontrolled fires).
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liam on June 7th, 2011, 12:09 am

Liam did as Aello asked, breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth. It might have worked to calm her, but unfortunately it only proved as an added distraction to Liam. It was bad enough he had to remember to breath in the first place, but focusing on it was causing him to loose focus on the djed. Perhaps if he were more skilled it might have helped, he could see how it might be calming, but it was not to be. "That's alright, I promise I am focused. I was just expecting this to be easier. Should have known better, really." Liam returned his attention to Aello's djed once more, centering it around her hand. Aello felt the energy grow again, and it was followed by a strange tingly feeling as the djed came out of her fingertips and transmuted to res. Hovering in the palm of her hand the substance grew into a small ball. "This is called Res," Liam explained. "It is the physical manifestation of your djed." Liam studied the ball. It looked different than what he recalled, but after a moment's thought Liam realized that it was to be expected. Each person's Res looked a bit different from the next, and it was only natural that the Res from his host would appear as her own, and not his.

Aello could feel the slight strain her body momentarily endured when Liam created the res, though it only lasted a moment. A few more balls like that and she would probably start feeling tired. "The way my teacher always described it, the Res is you. It comes from you, it is a part of you and that is why it drains you. You can control it, change it, but if it strays too far from the body you lose control." To demonstrate the control he was talking about Liam made the ball of Res lift off Aello's hand to hover a foot or so in front of them. He wasn't sure why he was explaining so much, Aello had not asked for a lesson, but it helped him concentrate on what he was doing so he figured there was no harm in it. "Also, if you make to much res you can overgive. This is not a pleasant thing, but you should know long before you get to that point. Let me know the moment you start feeling tired."

It was time to shift gears. So far all Liam had done was produce res which, while taxing, wasn't very useful in and of itself. It was the change that made reimancy the magic people feared so much. Liam continued to explain what he was doing, mostly because it helped him concentrate. "When we learn, we choose an element. Earth, Water, Air, or Fire. How someone chooses is up to them. Some people choose whatever their teacher chose, others find they have an element that just speaks to them. And sometimes you choose for.. other reasons." Liam had chosen fire because he wanted the man who killed his family to die in the same way he had killed them. He had planned to keep his reason to himself but the moment he thought about it it brought the memory unbidden to the forefront of his mind.

Liam had been out working the farm. A traveler stopped by looking for a place to rest before finishing his journey to Sylira. Liam lived less than a day from the city gates, but the man seemed genuine in his need and so Liam told him to go on inside and ask his wife for some water. Liam would join them as soon as he was done with the chickens. As Liam worked a strange smell met his nose. Something was burning, and then he heard his wife scream. Liam ran from the chicken coupe only to see his house covered in flames. "Cass, no!" Liam ran forward but froze when he spotted a figure outside. It was the traveler, he was holding Liam's daughter in his hand, his other hand hovering just over the infants face. Liam ran to the man shouting, "What happened!? Where is my wife.. my son?" The man shook his head, his expression grim, then offered Liam the baby. Tears welling in his eyes Liam took the child and fell to his knees.

The traveler started to walk away and Liam looked up just as the man glanced over his shoulder and winked at him. Suddenly the baby in Liam's arm started to cry. Liam looked down just as her skin began to blister. His eyes widened in horror and then the baby burst into flames. Liam dropped the child in shock only to grab her up an instant later trying to put out the flames. It didn't matter though, the child was dead. Slowly but surely the rage grew in Liam's heart until it threatened to explode. Gently he placed the charred remains of his daughter on the ground the jumped to his feet and charged at the traveler. The man must have sensed him coming for there was no way he could have heard Liam over the roar of the flames. The traveler spun around and threw out his hand. From it shot a small sphere which burst in to flames and hit Liam square in the chest, knocking him to the ground. The traveler laughed and mounted his horse which was tied to the barn and rode away..

The moment the memory faded and Liam's mind snapped back to the present Aello could feel the anger growing in him. Suddenly the ball of res hovering in front of them burst into flames, burning in the air for a few moments before Liam sent it streaking out across the lake to land in the water several yards away. "I chose fire so that I could burn him the way he had burned my family. And now I know he top was working for the Black Sun. One day their temple will burn just as he did. All of Ravok will burn if that's what it takes, but I will make them pay for what they did to me. I will not leave this world until every last one of them are dead." Liam closed Aello's eyes, breathing in through her nose, out through her mouth. He took her advice now, calming himself and concentrating. It took more energy to calm her body as well as his own mind, but it was worth it. As he breathed he summoned more res, and Aello felt another twinge of strain on her body.

OOCI think I implied it, but in case I didn't, Aello was able to see the memory.
Liam
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aello on June 7th, 2011, 4:40 am

Ahhh, so that is what it is called, Aello replied simply, using the strength of her and the ghost's bond to communicate what she was currently thinking. Over-giving. Such a peculiar word... fitting though, for such an uncomfortable phenomenon. Have you ever overgiven before Liam, heavily so? There was a slight pause before Aello continued, felt more than sheer exhaustion after you used your magic? Been left with more than bloodshot eyes, or a pounding heart? Aello paused again, giving Liam both time to think, and time to respond to her line of questioning. It is quite the experience, when you over-give heavily, Aello went on. It is said that sometimes, you die, or pass out, but that has never been the case with the magic I employ. Although, at times, it has made it seem as though there were certain things on the loose, that weren't actually there. Like seeing a ghost... a memory in the mind's eye. There must be a word for that, seeing that which is not there...

After that, Aello's thoughts ceased. She simply watched Liam's memory in awe, her mind screaming to make it stop; but not knowing how to do so. Aello could feel her chest begin to grow tight, as though her ribs were curling into her organs, as though someone had reached inside her chest and wrapped their hand around her heart. It kept on moving faster and faster, and she could hear it beating like a drum. Aello's eyes stung as well, it was as though the memory were burning her, from the inside out. Several beads of sweat trickled down her forehead, and her body trembled ever so slightly like a leaf. She was trying to cool herself off, but nothing seemed to be working.

Please calm down Liam. Do not allow the fire to consume you, Aello's mind whispered, seemingly over the end of the memory. You must allow yourself to calm down, you're... but Aello never finished her train of thought, she simply stood in silence as Liam manipulated the res, casting it into the air and then setting it on fire. Liam, you must control your anger! You're going to tax your host! Aello's mind screamed, as her throat grew dry, and she stared at the flame in horror. Why was it that she felt too weak to expel him?

When Liam cast the fire away, Aello breathed a sigh of relief. Good... very good, Aello thought, trying her best not to sound overly relieved or condescending. Just breath Liam, just breath, it should help, Aello went on, worried that his anger would harm each of them. After that Aello fell silent for a long time, she was busy with her own memory: Aello was lying in the dirt, each of her muscles tense, her eyes tightly shut. They seemed to twitch beneath her pale eyelids, as she coughed into the long green grass. To those who may have looked at her, she probably appeared as though she were trying to hack up a hair ball. In truth, she was simply trying to rid the smoke from her lungs. The sharp, stinging sensation which it had caused, which would simply not go away.

Behind her was a small cottage made of wood, engulfed in flame. Spirals of thick grey smoke were billowing up towards the sky. Glowing orange flame licked at the doors, the windows. It seemed to grow from inside them, before breaking away, and into the sunlight, the subtle breeze, just enough to rustle the grass. If one listened closely, over the sound of the wind and the startled birds chirping overhead, they could hear the crackling of the flame. It was just licking its lips now, whetting its appetite. The fire longed for more, much more. There were screams... muffled and short coming from inside. Coughing, so much coughing, much like Aello was doing. Gasping for air. Fresh, clean, smoke-free air.

And then everything would grow silent as the fire grew, crushing the wooden frame of the cottage, burning it to the ground, just as Aello collapsed in the grass, of exhaustion.

After the memory had faded, Aello remained silent for a few moments. You see Liam, we are not so different. Both of our families were destroyed by fires. But that doesn't mean that we should want to burn other things to the ground. Of course, you can't be blamed for wanting to kill that man and his kind. But... that doesn't necessarily make it proper. But then again, why should a spiritist try and stop you? Surely you have the will and the strength to do whatever you wish. However, you should be told to be careful Liam, be very careful, and try to remember that there are those like me in this world. People who are far stronger spiritists than the one you have encountered. There are those with the strength to truly torture you, those with the power to turn you to dust. To keep you from completing the cycle of life and death...

Aello felt the palms of her hands begin to tingle once more. Please be careful, and consider whom you choose for your host in your final fight. As you yourself have mentioned, some will fight you to the end for control of their body. Some will allow you temporary control. In some ways, this may or may not matter, depending on how skilled you grow in the art of possession; but that does not change one thing: the strength of that which you control. If your host is weak in body and in mind, you more than likely will be too. Choose wisely Liam, for that is not a mistake you would want to make... killing them, losing your one shot at the revenge you so desperately desire.

Aello fell silent after that, hopefully she and her friends had left the city far behind by the time he unleashed his power and his anger upon Ravok and its citizens.

OOCSo, since Aello is still in shut down mode, Liam would probably only see the last few portions of her memory.

PM with questions and whatnot, should you have any.
Last edited by Aello on July 3rd, 2011, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liam on June 21st, 2011, 12:21 am

Hallucinations.. Yes, I have experienced those.

Aello felt a tingling sensation traveling slowly through her lungs. It made her want to cough, but Liam held back the reflex, keeping whatever was irritating her lungs inside. Reimancy can make you hallucinate, but it can be so much more dangerous. He seemed to be ignoring her other statements, focusing on her initial question. Perhaps he did not want to hear her advice about being careful. Or perhaps he already knew the risks that lay before him if he actually acted on his desire for vengeance. Reimancy is like a drug. When you overgive it feels good, and it can make you see things. Sometimes they are enemies you wished were dead, other times it makes you see those you have lost. It makes you want to use more, either to vanquish your enemies or to spend more time with those you love.

The tingling sensation traveled up Aello's throat and into her mouth. You keep casting until wounds appear on your body, until blood seeps from your eyes, sometimes even until it kills you. ...I have never gone that far. Had I not had a proper teacher though, I might have died from my magic rather than by the Black Sun. Liam opened Aello's mouth, parting her lips and breathing out. A strange ethereal mist billowed from her, and when Aello ran short of breath he stopped and took a step back from the cloud, allowing her to breath normally once more.

Was it proper for them to manipulate every aspect of my life from the day I was born, Liam asked, finally addressing the rest of what Aello had said to him. Was it proper for them to frame my uncle, or to kill my mother on the day she discovered she was to be a grandmother? The mist began to drift away from them, carried by a gentle breeze, and Liam directed Aello's eyes to follow as it floated out over the lake. Was it proper for them to make me a slave and fight in the pits, all so that I would become a better killer for them to use? I do not care what is proper, they all deserve to die. Once the mist had drifted out over the water, but still close enough that it could be manipulated, Liam ignited it. Unlike the ball he had previously created, the mist was far less controlled. It lit up like a firework, crackling and sparkling in the air as it was blown out across the lake. The burning res floated down to the surface of the water before winking out in little wisps of steam.

I do not wish everyone in Ravok harm.. they too are puppets as I was, Rhysol's playthings. But if they stand in my way they will join the rest in death.
Liam
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aello on July 4th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Then it is much like any other magic; something that you simply cannot get enough of, Aello thought; knowing that Liam could hear. Something that you wish to keep on using and using until your body gives out on you... don't you think it strange, how difficult you find it to stop, even though you know it's killing you? Considering the only appealing effect of magic is an overwhelming sense of power, and the information you may acquire from its use, or perhaps, even, the battles you may win because of it. Although, you could win a battle just as easily if you're well-practiced with a bow or sword, or any other weapon for that matter. There was a slight pause. Or if you take the time to spy on, and listen to your opponent, or simply those around you. Or is it simply how it makes you feel... that tingling sensation that courses through your body, a constant reminder that something rather out of the ordinary is occurring? There was another slight pause, what draws you to this form of magic Liam, other than your need for revenge? What draws any sorcerer or sorceress to their magic, I wonder, when so many bad things can happen because of its use; when power can easily be obtained in other ways? Another slight pause, well, perhaps not easily obtained...

Aello's thoughts trailed off as she watched Liam spit a strange mist out of her mouth. It took her a moment, but she soon realized it was the res he had mentioned earlier in their conversation. As he forced her body to step back, Aello simply watched in horror. What sort of magic was this, what sort of sheer madness?

Every aspect, or simply the majority of them? Aello asked, not truly believing that the stryfe had so much power over the citizens of the city, despite the fact that she knew they held a lot. Or at least, she felt as though they would not take such interest in an infant, perhaps a young, promising child. But not an infant. He was still speaking. No it was not proper, of course not. No one should be killed like that, no one should be forced to fight like that. There was a slight pause, the res was floating away, and even though it should have made the girl feel all the more safe, she could not help but feel her heart rate getting faster. She could hear it pounding like a drum. But everything that does not kill you makes you stronger Liam. It wasn't right of them to torture you, or to destroy you or your family in the end. But Liam, all those things made you all the more powerful, all the more willing to put an end to them. There was a slight pause, do you think you would have been ready to take them on had they not made you fight? Or do you feel as though, if they hadn't, you'd have no reason to attack them? That you'd go on believing that the stryfe were the best people in the world? Defenders of the city, and the word of Rhysol? Just as oblivious to their true nature as everyone else in this city seems to be?

Aello's thoughts fell silent once more as the mist burst into flame, spitting tiny bits of fire in every which direction, before it settled onto the surface of the lake, and sizzled into nothingness. Aello's eyes grew wide, as her muscles tensed. Tiny droplets of salty sweat began to trickle down her face, and drip off the tip of her chin. Her eyes felt so very heavy, and as though they were being forced wide open at the same time. You should not hurt the innocent... Aello began as her heart skipped a beat before resuming its quickened pace. Thump, thump, Thump. Her body felt so very heavy, her legs especially, like they were being dragged into the ground. Even if you believe that they are getting in your way. As you yourself have said, not everyone in this city deserves to die. There was a slight pause, try to remember who your enemies are, what it is that you are after. Don't let your rage blind you and keep you from succeeding. There was a slight pause as Aello waited for Liam to speak, or to create more fire. Learn to harness it, to make you more powerful, as opposed to giving your opponents even more of a hold over you. Aello swallowed the clump of saliva that had gathered in her throat. After all, the stryfe has power over all of us Liam, as long as we remain in this city. BUT, they have an even greater power over you; a far stronger hold over you than most, simply because you will stop at nothing to have your revenge.

A rather strong breeze swept through the area, brushing Aello's hair off her shoulders, and allowing it to flutter wildly around her. She stared intently down at the lake; waiting. Simply waiting for something, anything, to happen. Do you understand? Aello asked, as she forced her eyes shut, and held them there for several seconds, before allowing them to open again. Can you see how one's rage destroys them? she asked, wishing that she had the power to turn and face him directly. Silently wishing that they were not sharing a single body.

I have a hatred for hypnotists Liam. I would love nothing more than to see them all dead. But I also understand that taking on such an endeavor; the complete and utter destruction of their kind, will bring about my own demise, Aello went on. It is obvious that all you want to do is destroy the stryfe, much like your host wants to bring about the destruction of such an awful magical form; but is it truly a reasonable thing to do? Is it even possible when you seem to be going about it on your own? Is revenge something we should hold so near and dear to our hearts? Aello asked, silently believing herself to be nothing more than a hypocrite. After all, she seemed just like him, so very stubborn and determined. Willing to try and prove how wrong the world was; that the odds were in her favor.

OOCSorry for the delay.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next