Finding ones blade [Conrad]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Trios on May 26th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Spring 91
It was an early morning in Endrykas, most of the inhabitants were just leaving their pavilions and tents as the sun peaked over the grassy horizon. Trios was bored from the lack of entertainment that the Drykas provided within their tent city. It was only a matter of time before the Isur had stumbled his way to the war pavilion to watch the Drykas in their training as well as test out his own capabilities.

Observing the Drykas in their training was a great way to understand them, Trios knew that figuring out how the Drykas fought was a great insight into their culture. Swords, spears, bow it was strange that there was no heavy weaponry within the city but rather the use of lightweight and portable weapons. Though Trios put together that it was because the city was always moving that the use of heavy weapons would be more of a burden than use to these horsemen.

But after watching the training and fighting within the war pavilion a urge to draw his own blade surged through the Isur. It was a good thing too, thought the man. Having not tested his fitness since Zulrav decided to break one of his legs. So Trios casually hobbled to a secluded area and tossed his large cane into a soft patch of grass. Than slowly the Isur with an air of calmness drew the long slender cutlass that had been supported on his right hip.

“This leg is gonna cause havoc with my footwork” Trios grumbled as he attempted to walk on his right leg without his trunk like cane for support. The result was sheer pain and caused the Isur to stumble back onto his dominant left leg. It was apparent that he’d have to figure out how to sword fight with little foot mobility and possibly using his cane during a fight if movement was required.

Gripping the cutlass in his gem like left hand Trios awkwardly stumbled on his left working leg to retrieve the large wooden cane resting in a cleared out area of grassland. His swordsmen skills had to attempt to his new condition or fighting would be near impossible unless the leg was cured. Trios’s right hand grasped the cane to support his injured leg.

Fighting as a three legged one armed man was going to be interesting, but not impossible. But it required relearning all the basics over again. The easiest thing to try first was the practice an instep thrust. In all honestly it was just as the move suggested, one would thrust the cutlass forward while moving the leading leg forward.

Leading with the left leg, Trios used the cane to assist with supporting the weight displaced on his back leg. Pushing the cane into the earth Trios used the wooden walking tool to push his weight forward as the sword and left foot moved forward in attack. The attack wasn’t going to impress anyone due to its simplicity and added by the fact that Trios was no master with a blade made this attempt even more dismal in appearance.

“It appears I wont be winning any glamour awards but I guess It works” Growled Trios underneath his breath as he inspected his blade in the sunlight. It was a decent blade from what Trios had seen in his lifetime of brawls and fighting in his lifetime. But something deep down within the man’s being called the sword an insult to metal and therefore a match to his lack-lustre swordsmanship.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Conrad on June 1st, 2011, 1:28 pm

Conrad walked into the war pavilion, his ever trusty parrot had stayed at his and trios's tent for the while, it didn't help much to have a nosy parrot that was able to piss off everybody with his annoying behavior in a place filled to the brim with people who could most likely kill him three times before he even had time to get into a defensive stance.

Taking a look around at the drykas that where practicing searching for a short blue bearded man, a n amused smile springing on his face as he saw the isur trying to fight with his bum leg.
“Hey captain!” He yelled out trying to get his attention as he walked towards him, “you need any help with trying to get used to that bum leg of yours when you are fighting? I could act as your sparring partner if you want.” Conrad patiently waited for hsi captain's reply.

oocsorry for short reply ^^;
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Trios on June 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm

“Sparring partner? I don’t know what your little magical tricks can do but I highly doubt that they’d be enough to fight with” Trios managed to hold back a raging fit of laughter at the memory of Conrad turning his right hand into something else. The Isur didn’t hate magic, just didn’t have an affinity or desire to wield the elements on his whim.

“Though I do recall I owe you a beat down from our first meeting in the winter, and being a upstanding man of fortune when it comes to squaring my debts I guess I’ll fight ya” Stated Trios faking a gentleman like tone as he remembered more details from how the Isur met the Conrad. It was true in fact that a threat had been issued on the boy for crimes of not calling him little and for not being able to control his demonic bird. Trios finished signalled the end of this trip down memory lane by taking a few slices out of the air from an imaginary target with his cutlass before aiming it at Conrad.

“Till first blood?” Casually suggested Trios in a manner that was suggestive of fair play. This however was far from the truth as the Isur had come up with a spur of the moment idea on how to from the start tip the battle in his favour even with his mobility issues. It was a simple fact that Trios had lived around humans his whole life and was plainly observant to his physical differences. Examples being and not limited to blue skin, night vision and a left arm that could be compared to more of a rock than flesh. But the devious difference was that human’s skin were a bit easier to cut comparatively to Trios’s.

So what if Conrad was a human he could tolerate and decidedly wanted to accompany him in his venture. Trios wasn’t going to give the young man a even chance to gloat over a possible victory, plus a fair bit of pride wanted to beat the boy in a fight anyway. The hardest thing now was to attempt to conceal the hint of fair play. But being a rookie at a deception with his current plan, Conrad might have gotten a inkling of a suspicion that Trios might have been up to something.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on June 9th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Conrad just smiled, ignoring the slight at his magic he knew that trios was just trying to get a raise out of him.
“Well you'll be surprised at what I can do with those little magical tricks cap'n, I took on a trained akalak with them and survived to tell the tale thanks to those little parlor tricks of mine.” Conrad let out an embarrassed chuckle and scratched his scar over his face as trios brought that little memory up. Then again, trios didn't look like a person that would forget such threats anyway so it wasn't that much of a surprise.

“So should I just stand still while you try to hit me in the face or should I give you a fair chance and bend down to your eye level to?” Conrad joked as he took a step back from the isur and took a shaky unarmed combat stance as trios aimed his cuttlass at him. Urging the djed inside him towards his right hand slowly forcing his knuckles and the bones behind it to extend and sharpen, slowly pushing through the skinn, forming a makeshift spiked knuckleduster on his fist, the strange feeling that crawled over his skin as his bones and flesh shifted bringing a satisfied grin on his face.

“Well first blood sounds good for me,” Conrad replied as he circled around trios, keeping on the side of his crippled leg. Trying to see how trios would react, he didn't know how good of a fighter trios was, maybe he was a trained swordfighter or something like it.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Trios on June 11th, 2011, 2:22 am

“Took on? I bet you were a blue giant’s punching bag till he got bored…..its ok kid you get the last laugh. Their race is almost extinct due to their lady troubles compared to yours. Good riddance…. I figure if you need breeding slaves to continue your race its just nature’s way of telling you that you ain’t gonna be around for much longer” Laughed Trios darkly thinking about the rumours and tales of the Akalak race. The Isur had no feelings towards the use or ownership of slaves but something didn’t sit right with him about using slaves to procreate a race.

The crude remark against the Akalak people gave Trios a self boost in spirit, the captain even smirked at Conrad’s jest. There wasn’t even a slight hint of rage at that comment on the size difference between the two combatants. All the Isur did to respond was to follow the boy with his blade pointed at his chest.

Even as Conrad’s hand morphed into something ridiculous once again, Trios’s only reaction was to raise a confused brow. The captain had half hopes that Conrad could at least turn his whole body into something more monstrous but Trios didn’t really hold much stock in magic anyway. But the lack of faith in magic aside it did provide Conrad with a weapon.

Ignorant to Conrad’s tactics to keep to Trios’s injured leg, the small burly man would lunge at the human. Using the cane as a support for his right leg, the blade would be aimed at the young man’s chest. It was best feel out Conrad’s fighting ability, hell Trios wanted to feel out his own sword skills. It had been ages since he had used the thing in combat. It wasn’t his job to be a fighter when he was brought up, it was to build and repair. Plus when your as sour and cold as a frozen lemon normal people tend to avoid confrontation.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on June 27th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Conrad couldn't help but snicker at trios's joke. “Well don't ever say that in front of an akalak, that was the reason the blue giant was trying to use me as a punching bag.” He gave a quick shrug as he still kept his eyes on trios's sword as he circled him. “Or if you do it just make sure you are quick enough to outrun a pissed akalak.”

As soon as trios tried to make a cut on his chest with that cutlass of his conrad took two quick steps to the side, letting the blade miss him, it might have been a lot harder to avoid if trios didn't have that bum leg. Quickly capitalizing he also lunged forward and threw a punch with his spiked fist at trios's shoulder, trying to end the fight before it even began by drawing a bit of blood.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Trios on June 27th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Trios would raise his left shoulder into the spiked punch so that the force of the blow wouldn’t knock him over but rather make the Isur recoil back a bit. There was a god awfull ripping sound as the spikes on Conrad’s fist tore through Trios’s leather coat. From benath the ripped pieces of leather Trios’s crimson black arm could be clearly seen. It had a shimmer of a polished rock with veins of bright silver that also ran all over the man’s tinted blue body.

Oddly, Trios didn’t show any indication of pain nor spec of blood from the attack. There would be a few moments of surprise no doubt from Conrad at the oddness of the situation. It would be here that Trios would use this to his advantage.

An arrogant smile cracked Trios’s cold face as he would swing wildly at his opponent’s mutated arm. There was no skill however to Trios’s counter as Conrad could easily retract his arm and step back from the wild swings of the blade. Even as Trios swung wildly the man couldn’t help but snicker at Conrad’s upcoming realization that attacking his left arm was futile. There is a simple lesson that can learned from this conflict. It is that one cannot draw blood that easily from something with the fortitude of a gemstone.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on June 29th, 2011, 12:26 pm

When conrad felt his fist hit trios's shoulder he could help but let a savage grin slip on his face as he tore through the isur's coat. That grin faded into a surprised expression however when he didn't saw any blood coming from the wound.. Where Isur's unable to bleed or something? That redicilus idea was thrown out of the window when he noticed the color of the isur's arm underneath it, the arm looked like it was made out of obsidian and the same bright silver veins that crossed Trios's entire body stood out even more on the black surface.

Quickly stepping back and getting his arm out of reach of Trios's wild swings he tried to wrap his head around the fact that the isur's left arm was most likely as strong as stone. Ignoring Trios's mocking snickers, that sneaky bastard really knew how to make the rules go his way. He felt a small smile poking at his lips though, he would show Trios that he could kick his handicapped arse. He circled around him this time keeping on the side of trios's busted leg and patiently waited for Trios to attack again.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Trios on June 29th, 2011, 4:18 pm

“Well I guess there goes the surprise…sorry kid but when I fight I make damn sure to tip the odds.” Trios bluntly stated as he ceased his wild swings of the cutlass. Casting an arrogant gaze at his sparring partner the blade was re-positioned to point at Conrad’s chest. Dirty or unfair fighting was always a preferable option since Trios held no notion of honour. It was just a silly word knights and the like used to make them self feel important and superior.

“After all if one wants to fight, only a fool would want it to be on equal terms” Trios finished trying to keep his bum leg to keep up with Conrad circling his right side. It took a few moments to comprehend that the magic user was keeping to his weak leg for a reason. The Isur cursed himself for being so blind, but he had to give his opponent credit for exploiting a weakness.

Frustrated that there was nothing that could be done about the bum leg Trios decided to press the attack again, he wasn’t a brilliant tactician so all that remained was the notion of “When in doubt, swing it out”. A sexual notion that Trios decided could apply to cutlass swordplay, so with gritted teeth he hobbled an advance on the other combatant his blade cutting horizontal sections of air.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on June 30th, 2011, 10:39 am

Conrad just laughed at Trios blunt statement that he always made sure to tip the odds.
“Well I agree with you on that point, the only thing that counts in real combat is that you survive and when everything goes to plan, your enemy doesn't.” Conrad replied in the same pleasant tone he always used, grinning as trios couldn't follow his movement thanks to his bum leg, just as he thought it would.
“I still feel a bit of guilt when I beat on a cripple like you though.” He threw out the last statement just as trios began to wildly hack at him with horizontal slashes in an attempt to keep him from advancing towards him and get him in reach, while he advanced towards him with a slow hobble. Conrad just backed up in response, easily keeping away from the slashes since trios couldn't really advance that fast thanks to his screwed up leg. Conrad just patiently waited for the right moment to strike, when trios was in the middle of a swing to the right with his blade conrad took his chances and darted forward, keeping to the left of the isur's arm, being unable to cut him thanks to the onesided nature of the blade and the end of the fight was when blood was drawn. Lashing out with his spiked right fist towards trios's face, knowing that the small spikes on his knuckles wouldn't be long enough to do any more damage then 4 bleeding pits in his skin.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Next