The Reluctant Refugee [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

The Reluctant Refugee [Solo]

Postby Kit Rowan on May 30th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Day 76, Season of Spring 511 AV
Kit felt alone and terribly exposed.

Everything that was hers in the world that would fit was packed neatly into a chest that Kit usually left in her home, thought of as a place to store her performing colors when she wasn't using them. Her rucksack felt heavy and awkward on her back. She looked over her shoulder and saw the gaping mouth of Alvadas. It made her heart ache.

"Pay attention," a sharp voice said, and she turned around to see a tall man with broad shoulders. His face was charming, his body defined. If she had to guess, she would have said that he had been traveling a great deal. "Now . . ." He trailed off, eyes confused.

"Kit." She added, more than a little irritated. Then, a long moment later, "sir."

"Yes, Kit." The man gestured to his caravan. "Normally, I charge quite a price for anyone who travels with me. Tourists love to go out, see the world." He smiled. It belonged to a man that had told a joke they had never grown tired of. "But," he said, eying her up and down, "something tells me you won't be able to afford my fare.

Kit looked down and grabbed the wrist of her bandaged arm. She felt tired and homesick, though she had not yet left Alvadas. She did not feel like engaging in a verbal spar right then.

"Here's what I can do," he put a hand on Kit's shoulder. "I won't do it for free, but you can come with us if you earn your keep. That means when we need firewood, you fetch it for us, when it's your turn you help cook, and you take rounds watching for nasties when we camp for the night."

She blinked. "I think I can manage that," she said.

He clapped her on the shoulder. "'Atta girl. Now, put your things on a wagon. I'll introduce you to Tsuye."

"Tsuye?" She interrupted, frowning.

"We have partners to keep track of one another, make sure nothing nasty happens. Someone needs to be able to run for help when things go wrong." When, he said. Not if. "I would have given you another lady, but I'm afraid you're the only one on this caravan."

"Oh." She bit on her lip, wondering how much time she would need to spend with this stranger.

He waved at her and walk away, leaving her alone with her things. She supposed that he meant she should continue. Kit looked at her bandaged left hand, her eyes wandering sideways to her heavy chest. She sighed.
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)