[Swords and Plowshares] You, Isur [Landeril]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Tabarnac on June 4th, 2011, 8:38 pm

continued from here, timestamped 85th Spring, 511 A.V.

The master smith was a burly man, though not so thick-thewed as many Isur. He did, however, have height on the applicant. There were dark smudges of soot on his face and bare arms, though he was not wearing all the heavy leather aprons, gloves, and the like that protected him within the actual forge. He was taking a bit of a break, and lucky for Landeril or he might have been shouted at to come back later.

"Well," he said in careful Isur, "I will give you a chance since the God recommends you. Tell me what your specialties are, and whether you will need a place to stay." Generally housing and other expenses were worked into the sordid topic of wages, but they would get to that as soon as Jerzy got the measure of his new apprentice. He had known several Isur, hence his ability to speak the language, but this one didn't look old enough to be a master smith himself.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Landeril Shieldus on June 6th, 2011, 5:34 pm

The dark green eyes of the Isur moved to the Male's face, as he took in the Isurian language.

Thank Izurdin, This one speaks my tongue, The Isur would muse in his mind as he thought about the question at hand.

He rubbed his green tinted arm on his pants, knowing it was the mark of the Guardian Clan of The Isur, The Coglias, his father has taught him of such. He had also learned his craft from him.

"I am skilled in blacksmithing, metal smithing and weapon smithing, Master Smith." The Isur's words were in Isurian, and spoken with the Isurian accent, "I am only eighty and be not a Master of my trade. I can make standard swords, and axes. Not much in the fancy weaponary." The Isur admitted with a shrug. He would not lie to the Master Smith in front of him. To do so would have been a stain on his honor, and against the way of Izurdin.

He nods at the second question, "And Aye, I will need a place, for me and one other." He brought his hand up to the Five point star on his throat, silver in color, and given by Cheva. "My wife, Iris Shieldus. She be Human."

~Landeril, The Isurian Black Smith of Denval

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post75095.html#p75095
Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Words: 12299
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 11th, 2011, 2:02 am

Jerzy nodded and considered all of this before speaking.

"A wife, eh?" He smiled. "The room I have for an apprentice might be a bit cramped for two, but we can shift around some of the storage so you'll have room to put your things. Less clutter and it will seem bigger. Also, if you start doing well enough, you might always move out into something larger. So long as you aren't late to work."

He rubbed at his mouth and jaw thoughtfully.

"Eighty years old. Hm. Well, I can offer you nine gold per day, paid seasonally. You can eat at my table until you're paid, and after if we get along that well. Your wife, too. There's always the chance we'll get a special project that will earn you more money, too. Rush jobs, anything for the Captain, you see." He nodded. "When can you start?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Landeril Shieldus on June 26th, 2011, 2:18 am

The Isur nods "That be generous forgemaster and I thank thee for thy kindness. We will make do." He nods as he hears the deal, "Tis my wife I worry about, Forge Master, Not I. I would be fine sleeping on the dirt if the room was too small for her and I to share." The Isur smiled, truly at peace with his wife being placed before him.

"And I thank you for allowing me to your table. And For the job, of course." The Isur offered his green tinted hand, "And I can work as soon as you give me orders, Forge Master."

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 30th, 2011, 6:41 am

Jerzy nodded with gruff approval and shook the Isur's blessed hand, judging the strength of his grip and the calluses of his work. He gestured back at the room from which he had come, a questioning look on his face. He wouldn't rush the newcomer into his work, but he felt like there was no time like the present for beginnings, at least those beginnings that didn't require a great deal of preparation.

"You can show me what you've got now, or you can bring the wife in, settle down for a few days, and start once everything's in order. What do you think?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Landeril Shieldus on July 1st, 2011, 11:16 pm

The Isur turned to a dagger nearby, taking the hilt in his resistant hand before placing it onto the anvil. He drew the smith's hammer up and brought it down, striking the steel with the hammer. A resounding echo shot through the forge "If its all the same to you, Forge Master, I'd rather start working. The wife is still on her way."

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on July 4th, 2011, 10:48 pm

"Excellent," he approved, but whatever else he was going to say was stopped in astonishment as Landeril took a finished product and began hammering at it. There was a moment's hesitation before he spoke when he wondered if this was some new Isurian technique, striking a cold blade as if that would do more than possibly bend it out of shape, dull the edge, or the like. But finally he did, his curiosity getting the better of him if not the threat of damaged goods upsetting the flow of his production.

"Ah, what are you doing?" he asked mildly.

Moderator Note :
You might want to peek at this. I'm not a stickler for post length, but if you want to maximize your XP for threads, the more research and description you do, the better. For the most part. :)
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Landeril Shieldus on July 6th, 2011, 2:52 pm

He looked up and drove the blade into the flames, taking on an apron, "I saw a mark, a chip in your blade. I smooth it out with a few fine hits." He withdrew the dagger from the flames, staring at it intently before he slipped it into the water. He was careful, not to let the steam hit his face, as he did so.

He drew the blade free, running his palm over it, before offering the uninjured blade to the Forge Master. "I would not harm so beautiful a blade with my skill. I only sought to get rid of the chip along the back of the blade." He shook his head, "Cold Steel may not bend easy, but if you can bend it, you can make wonders." Was all the Isur said as he crossed his arms, "Got any work that I may attend, Forge Master?"

Player Note :
At the time, I don't have a lot of free time, so I try to post when I get the chance

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on July 10th, 2011, 5:48 am

"Ah," was all Jerzy said to that. He watched the way Landeril did things, the bluff way he treated his new master, and decided this was going to be a learning experience for all involved. Taking the blade, he examined the Isur's work, wondering if the god's gift was in some ways a crutch, or if it could be. Whether that were possible or something to which Landeril was susceptible remained to be seen.

"I think I can find you a thing or two," he promised.

XP Award!

Landeril
XP Award: Weaponsmithing +1; Negotiation +2

Additional Notes:
You have a job! I’ll need to see at least three threads per season with Landeril doing work at the forge for full seasonal XP and income, but this can include threads with other PCs.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)