To Fill the Air With Music [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Niabi on June 9th, 2011, 9:40 pm

It wasn’t very long before Niabi noticed the growing crowd, the dancing children, and the now-dancing Herb. It’d been quite some time since she’d seen a sight like this! She offered them all a smile before beginning yet another song, another bouncy, rhythmic tune to keep the children and Herb dancing, swaying to and fro in her seat on the ground as she went along.

The song lasted for quite a while before finally coming to and end, the group that had congregated around them applauding once more, children and adults alike, before beginning to disperse. Some of the spectators lingered about, striking up conversations amongst themselves and eyeing Herb and Niabi with an entertained interest.

Smiling brightly, she tilted her head at Herb, eyes twinkling a bit. “You’re rather nimble on your feet, little Herb~! This is your first time dancing, yes? Hard to believe!” She leaned forward a bit to look Herb straight in the eyes. “I’ve never been too good with dancing myself. Perhaps you should take it up as a pastime~?”
Niabi
Young Flutist

Words: 7733
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Herb on June 9th, 2011, 10:00 pm

' Oh knoes I have one of them, I tend my herb garden, my home was a little on the big side. Now I make things that salve or mend and such. And what's dancing? .... oh this thing I was doing to your....music?. '

Rubbing himself in the aches starting to come in to his body, he strolls back over to the corner of the street where he left his bag and staff. Propping himself up against it, he tucks back into his little bag and brings out a small brick of red clay, and begins to tuck into it with a happy smile about it.

Moments later he finished it up and was cleaning himself up. He'd never been a very clean eater but it was something that must be done, and he did so enjoy himself while he did it.

Looking up at Niabi he rummaged back into his bag and brought out a second brick of clay and offered it to her.

' It's really yummy, but I should find out somewhere I can get some more, you wouldn't happen to know anywhere? '

' Herb talks like this '

And apologies if I mix up my Tense's and Grammer, I've never been very good
Herb
Medical stone

Words: 27337
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Niabi on June 10th, 2011, 12:36 am

Nodding as she listened to him, she shifted her weight from one hip to another, keeping her eyes on the statue as he began to eat what looked to be an earthy substance. “Oh, no, thank you. I wouldn’t want to impose and ask for your rations. As for finding more,” she added, looking about, “I’m not entirely sure where you would find more raw clay…”

Tapping one end of the flute against her lips, she raised her brows, thinking. Where would one find raw clay? And how much would it cost? Would this little one be able to purchase clay? Turning her attention back to the statue, she tilted her head, smile still gracing her face. “Perhaps we can go and search for a shoppe that sells what you’re looking for, yes?”

Scratching the back of her head, she took another glance at their surroundings, muttering to herself, “Still not very sure where to look…”
Niabi
Young Flutist

Character sheet

Postby Herb on June 10th, 2011, 8:40 am

' hmmm maybe there's a shop or something that may know? '. He utters in response as he begins to pick up his bag and walking staff, looking this way and that down the street.

Now he actually thought of it, he began to ponder just how he might even get the clay back home, surely if it was enough to keep him fed for long enough he would be needing more then would be possible to carry, and throw into that the amount of journey's to be made due to how much Mizaz it would cost him. Almost cursing his little stature under his breath an almost worried and alarmed look crossed his face.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Niabi on June 17th, 2011, 2:57 pm

It didn't take long before Niabi gathered her belongings and was up and on her feet, tossing Herb a bright smile as she spoke. "Might as well take a stroll around the area~ See if there are any shoppes that we can visit, yes~?"

If Herb were to accept her offer to help him seek out a shoppe, she would nod approvingly before heading out into the crowd of people in the street, holding her flute and tin can close to her as she kept a careful eye on the shoppes.

Bookstores, tailors, the tavern...where would clay be sold? Her eyes finally settled on an art shoppe just a few minutes' walk down the pathway. If Herb had followed, she would point it out to him before heading that way.
Niabi
Young Flutist

Character sheet

Postby Herb on June 17th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Following in Niabi's footsteps very closely as not to get trodden on, he makes a note of each time she slows down and when she looks elsewhere, until she stop and points towards something that he can't see, due to the crowd of people towering above him.

' So that place will sell Clay? wonderful! ' He beamed and almost started off in the direction she had pointed, until he realized yet again he was in the middle of a busy street where people were not accustomed to looking downwards at the floor. Taking each gap as a chance he darted forward, then to the left, a step back here followed sharply by a dart forward, trying to traverse this moving maze. After a few minutes he made it to the edge of the crowd, and in front of him stood a shop '' The Artist's rest '' the shop read, and he began attempting to open the door, finally deciding that waiting for his friend might be the better cause of action.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Niabi on June 20th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Watching after the small companion, she raised her brows in slight amusement as he dodged the ongoing stream of passersby to reach the shoppe, following him shortly after. Reaching the door to The Artist's Rest, she made certain to look about for Herb as she opened the door, not wanting to hit the poor thing with it.

Stepping into the shoppe, she blinked in surprise as her nose was met with a barrage of scents--oils, charcoals, paints, scents she couldn't recognize--and the wide array of paintings on the wall, large and small canvases alike, all graced with bright and brilliant variations of color.

There seems to be a smaller room connected to the main room of the shoppe. From where Niabi stood, she could only see paint-stained curtains. From behind said curtains, she could hear the sound of shuffled feet and the sound of a large canvas being dragged about on the ground.

Looking down at Herb, she offered a bright smile. "Seems like a good place to start looking for clay, right? Here, perhaps you should talk to the shoppe-owner. I'm not sure how much clay you're wanting anyhow."
Niabi
Young Flutist

Character sheet

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Looking up at Niabi he nodded and went looking for the shop keeper, ' Hello there..... yes I'm down here, the little clay man. I was wondering what sort of Clay you would have, and just how much it's likely to cost? As you can see I'm only small so would really only need smallish quantaties at a time. '

Looking at the shop keeping he was just about visible when the shop keeper looked down as the voice had told him to. A curious look crept over his face, he clearly had never seen a Pycon before, though after a brief few minutes his curious look turned into a smile as he realised that he was possibly able to make a sale to this little being

Heading back into his little store room behind him, rummaging was heard briefly before his head popped into view.

' Right then little one, it'll be about 5 Copper for a lb of clay, all ready mixed. So how much of it would you like my little friend? '

' Oh two pounds should be enough for now, so that would be 10 copper yes? ' Handing over a single gold Misaz. A few moments later the shop keeper handed him a small bag with the clay in it, along with 9 Silver Misaz in change, which he put safely into his little bag under his cloak and strolled back towards Niabi.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Niabi on June 29th, 2011, 9:25 pm

"There we are," she said brightly as Herb made his way to her, "a bit of clay for you!"

As she gave the shop keeper a parting wave, she opened the door to the shop, waiting for Herb to walk through. Looking up, she inspected the crowd that moved somewhat lethargically through the streets. Perhaps playing her flute here another day would wield better results? She would remember this area for later...

Niabi returned her attention to Herb, the happy smile still planted on her face. "Is there anything else you need help finding while you're here, little Herb?"

As she waited for his reply, she blinked as she looked at her own shadow. Nearly early evening? She thought, So soon? There was a brief look of disappointment that crossed her face. If that were the case, then she'd wasted another day she was supposed to be using for finding a proper job for playing music on the streets. She would have to put her flute playing aside for a while. Long enough for her to find a proper bit of work, at least...
Last edited by Niabi on June 30th, 2011, 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Niabi
Young Flutist

Character sheet

Postby Herb on June 29th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Shaking his head in response to Niabi's question he spotted that the day was starting to dim into the late afternoon as she had rightly commented, but the street's were still busy and he still had far to much excitement going on in his little head. After several moments of thought standing just outside the shop his face contorted, his eyes sprang open wide and huge, his mouth sported a similar pose then turned into a smile, and finally into his by now token grin.

' Why don't you play in this area with some shops?. With all these people about, there bound to notice and listen in to the music, it might also draw some people towards the shops for extra business. ' His excitement was almost at a whole new level, bouncing from one leg to another, careful not to knock into anyone or anything he looked up at Niabi, and began to do a little dance, bouncing from one foot to the next, clapping in some rhythmic attempt at a beat.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

PreviousNext