[Flashback] By The Sea Shore [Tryt]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Candira on June 13th, 2011, 11:00 am

Season of the Summer, Day 70, 510 AV

Candira clung to the fin of the large shark, hanging limply as he swam with powerful strokes through the water. He was her protection, borrowed from the city of Charbosi, and his strong presence allowed the young woman to watch the rain create a dazzling array of ripples on the swells. The pair traveled close to the surface and the wave-tossed sand extended only fifty feet below them. The coast was just visible through the murk of seaweed, salt, and rain.

The woman clutched the fin harder with anticipation. A rumor had spread that here, on this beach, the new turtles would be emerging from their shells and making the perilous journey through the downpour and sticky sand, only to be bombarded by the waves and at the mercy of predators, to the sea for their first swim. She wanted to see the feat of bravery and strength with her own eyes. And, Candira thought secretly, in case a certain goddess heard her thought, maybe take one home!

Soon the seabed rose too close to the shore, and her shark could not continue his swim. She released him, running a calming hand down his side. He circled, fin popping above the water. "Hush, hush, you are more powerful than anything here," she said, striving for comfort in her own words. She was close to the shore, very, very close. Candira hesitated surfacing; Myrians dominated the land, and time and time again had proved their hatred of the Charodae.

They will change this time, Candira thought, if I happen to come across a native. Like the entirety of her race, Candira believed in peaceful talk and non-aggression. She, like most, also held fast to the idea of second chances.

The woman clawed through the rough surf, batting away the harsh rain that dominated the air. It beat her back, and she squinted against the water. The beach was dark with rain, and the trees just beyond laden with the fresh water. Rivulets snaked from the forest to the ocean, running in sheets down the sand. Her foot squelched into the wet turf, sand sticking in unruly places.

Her eyes roamed the ground for the tell-tale signs of newly hatched turtles.

Candira
A Curious Soul

Words: 26228
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2011, 6:03 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Tryt on June 13th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Tryt sat quietly edging along the tree line of Falyndor forrest that sat upon a cliff, which overlooked a large expansive beach, of which Tryt has foggoten its name, but nevertheless it looked no more intriuging then the past day or the day before it. Little rain amounts of rain dribbled the canopy of the forest today, as Tryt was hunting and was at the moment trying not to alert the forest roaming beings of his prescence. It had become a common thing for Tryt to try not to be seen because the intoxicating pleasure that accompanied it. These short pleasure filled moments never lasted long because of Tryts impeccable ability to always get excited at the wrong moments, mostly resulting in a chase which only sometimes did Tryt succeed in completing.

A grin spread across Tryts face as he came across his first prey of the early morning, a small black-tailed deer was grazing between the trees over the watchfull eyesof the apparent father who was much larger and had large antlers that glowed in comparison to the juveniles. The father grazed only a few feet away in a small clearing containing a even smaller meadow. Tryt unlatched his battle axe from his belt and brought up closer to his chest so it would be in more easy access if a problem arised, Tryt edged a little closer torwardsthe small deer. Slowly Tryt raised the axe above his head before stubling back wards out of the clearing, mubbling a small curse Tryt turned to see the larger deer barriling torwards him.

Tryt scrambled to get up narrowly dodging the deers first barrage of swipes and thrust with its antlers. Up close the antlers looked even more threatning and deadly then at afar, with a swipe Tryt brought his battle axe down on the antlers taking only a small fraction of them off. The deer released a small yelp mourning its loss. The deer quiclkly took prioritys again and continued onsalught torwards him, Tyrt started backing up untill he felt the cliffs edge under foot. Tryt readied his axe. The deer charged, straight into Tryts awaiting axe, the blade was loddged beteen the eyes of the deer. Tryt found himself falling proppeled by the force of the deer, who was falling with him.. more like above him still woth the axe in him, the deer let at moan right before they plunged into the cold salty water.

OCCI liked yours, how was mine? lol
Tryt
Tryt of The Flame Arrow

Words: 6055
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 1:07 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Candira on June 14th, 2011, 12:28 am

OOCI loved it! c: Though, I wasn't too sure, because your post could have gone either way -- but, you know Falyndor is a tropical rain forest, right?

The sky rolled with Makutsi's power clashing with Zulrav's breath, the fruits of their toils descending to the ground in the harsh downpour that definedFalyndar each Summer Season. The gusts flicked her ears and the rain tickled her scalps. At least the storm was dimmed by the large cliff cupping the beach casually, and Candira was grateful as she carefully searched the large beach in search of turtles. But the rain had washed away all tracks, and the woman huddled near the bottom of the cliff. Her eyes roamed the ground in vain and disappointment. What if she couldn't find them, or they already hatched?

A shout and a bleat drew her attention to the top of the cliff. She glanced up quickly, watching in awe and fear as two creatures - no, a person and an animal - struggled for dominance. They clashed and toppled over the edge and into the churning waves.

Candira moved quickly, her webbed toes balancing her as she dashed across the sand with pumping arms and pounding heart, forced her way through the waves, salty spray coating her already soaking skin. The strong currents threatened to drag her to the sea, and she forced her way with straining muscles and sheer purpose. Rocks decorated the ground in dangerous heaps, and she pushed off the stony sides to gain speed. Where did they fall? The pair were high on the cliff, and she had been far away. The strangers could be anywhere, in this ocean.

There! The bodies floated lazily in the water, a bubble of red swirling in the water. She dashed forward, grabbing the man under the arms. The animal's eyes, solemn and still, stared at her.

The ax shoved into its head filled her vision, and she nearly let the murderer in her hands drift away. All life is sacred. Then why did he kill the animal? She kicked, dragging the man through the surf and leaving the dreaded ax shoved in the carcass. He was heavy and she stumbled into the wet air with straining muscles. The woman barely had the muscle to pull his body through the sand, and their path left a thick trail. She stopped just beyond the water's line and knelt at his side.

"Hello?" Were his lungs filled with water? Her fist hovered over his chest, hesitant to even inflict that little injury. "Can you hear me?" she said.

Candira
A Curious Soul

Character sheet

Postby Tryt on June 14th, 2011, 11:39 am

OOCthis game has no set ecosystem but they should,technically speaking you could have a polar bear in a desert, but that is just common sense
The dazed Tryt awoke, managing to crack one of his eyes open enough to see that he was being dragged across the rough sand in a blurry mess. The view that Tryt got of his saviour was distorted an blurry. "Hello.... can you hear me" Tryt moved his head slightly in answer, shortly after Tryt violently began to cough as all of the water in his lungs was forced out through his mouth. "Wheres my...axe" Tryt asked barely audible words.

Starting to regain full conciousnous, Tryt tried to pull his body into a sitting position, failing, Tryt stopped half way and could go no more before falling back to the ground. "Wheres my axe" Tryt asked in a fully audible tone.
Tryt
Tryt of The Flame Arrow

Character sheet

Postby Candira on June 14th, 2011, 12:23 pm

OOCOkay c:

Candira started when he began to cough, water pouring from his mouth. She shoved his shoulder and rolled his body so he would not re-swallow the mess. His skin felt strange against her rubbery one, but the woman did not have time to explore. His lips formed noiseless words.

"What?" she said, leaning forward. He repeated himself and Candira frowned. His first thoughts, after near death and murder ... for the weapon? "The deer holds it as strong as Dira's hold on it now," she said coolly. "Brought by your hand. All life is sacred."
Candira
A Curious Soul

Character sheet

Postby Tryt on June 14th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Tryt struggled to get up "Its a family heirloom it is very priceless to me. I intended to eat that deer, I did not kill it in vain" finnaly succeding in standing Tryt slowly walked over to the deer, wrapping his hands around the wooden shaft of the axe, Tryt gave a firm tug removing it from the animal. He then came to kneeling position, "thank you" Tryt said under his breath, before he strted to pull the soaked deer out of the water torwards his savior."Thank you for saving me, without you i would of surely preshied out there." Tryt gestured to the violently churning ocean. Tryt began to examine the figure before him "My name is Tryt, who and what may you be" Tryt asked exteding his hand.

Before Tryt's savior could answer he held up one finger "hold that thought, i need to find some shelter, i wouldn't want to get a cold. Would you care to join me" Tryt asked.
Tryt
Tryt of The Flame Arrow

Character sheet

Postby Candira on June 14th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Candira watched as he struggled to the carcass, offering no help in what she thought was completely unnatural. Instead, the woman remained kneeling in the sand, eyes wide and hands pressed hard against her bent, wet knees. She winced at the squelch, audible even over the pitter-patter of rain, and the new stream of blood that exploded from the deer's head when he removed the red ax. It mixed with the water, going everywhere.

It was sickening, and its only result would be to call predators to the small beach.

Candira stood easily and reached out to offer her hand in return; after all, each person deserved chances. But he yanked his hand away, shushing the woman before she introduced herself. "I don't know this beach," she said in clipped tones. "A cave is best." She turned, offering no help, and stalk to the cliff face.

Her eyes scanned the ground for the turtles, no where to be seen. "If you sit behind that rock," she said, "the wind will not be strong." Candira shrugged. "I don't see anything else." Then again, she hadn't really tried.
Candira
A Curious Soul

Character sheet

Postby Tryt on June 15th, 2011, 2:04 am

At this Tryt heaved the carcass up onto his shoulder, his body bobbed under the wait for a few moments. Tryt began to stride, leading his savior with him, over torwards the only shelter as far as he could see.As he slowly walked along Tryt could feel a combination of freezing wind and half frozen rain pelt against his exposed face.

Reaching the rocks Tryt crouched down low enough that his head wasn't exposed the the harsh wind. He then layed the carcass delicately down, Tryt turned torwards his savior " Now, sorry about that my name is Tryt, I cannot express enough my grattitude, How may I Repay you? Also if I might add, what is your name" Tryt asked extending his hand
Tryt
Tryt of The Flame Arrow

Character sheet

Postby Candira on June 15th, 2011, 11:54 pm

She watched with curious eyes as the stranger, Tryt, staggered under the weight of the deer and the push of the rain. Her hands itched to steal the animal away, bring it to the peaceful depths of the ocean, and coax coral to grow along its bloody length. But it was impossible, and her dream was cast aside. She couldn't even manipulate the tiny sea creature on the beach; they needed water to survive. Candira was left uncertain, and resorted to simply following the man.

She took his hand, her soft one molding into his rough, survival-hearty one. She let go quickly. "Candira," she said, and hunkered behind the rock; she shoved her back in the space between her thighs and stomach. "No, you don't ... " she started, then stopped. An idea bubbled in her mind, sticking as easily as tentacles and consuming as darkly as octopus ink.

"Repayment? Though you acted as Dira's hand," she guestured to the deer, "bury the deer and let Caiyha recycle her energy."
Candira
A Curious Soul

Character sheet

Postby Tryt on June 16th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Tryt stared at her with amusing look, he quickly wiped this expression away, as he saw from the look on her face that she was serious. "Eating would do just the same and it would also provide another creature with the energy to live. Wouldn't you rather help another creature live when your time has come to an end. I mean pratically every animal one earth eats another creature for it's energy" Tryt lectured.

"I will do as you ask if this is really what you want" Tryt asked as he cleaned his blade with a leave. When the axe's blade showed clear reflection. Tryt placed it back in its holster. Tryt rolled over and flattened himslef on the ground to rest. "Look over there" Tryt exclaimed as he pointed to a couple of baby sea turtles waddle across the sand torwards the awaiting saftey of the ocean. Already multiple birds were eyeing them from afar waiting for the right moment to attack, in addition to this a sand crab was edging slowly torwards them from about 6 feet away.
Tryt
Tryt of The Flame Arrow

Character sheet

Next