She's On Break... [Mihai]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Tira on June 15th, 2011, 5:49 am

11th Summer, 511AV

The Market Place was always a hustle and bustle of activity, the shouts of haggling, the running of children and the grumbling of adults after they had been cheated out of their bikka being ths ounds that made it up for what it was. Tira sidestepped a playful Myrian child, running after his older sister who had clearly stolen the large spike earring from him, him yelling after her in Myrian to stop and give it petching back. Tira smiled as she dodged the little boy, somewhat amused at the thought of what would happen when their mother caught up with them. The Market Place was as humming as it ever was, and it was somewhat of a comfort to her. Taloba was her place, her city, and she loved it with all her being.

It was her grandmother's birthday in another couple of tendays, and though it may seem Tira was being preemptive, this was a full day off of the army for her, and if she was honest, she had no idea what to do. Shopping it was, then. Each birthday she had gifted her grandmother, the matriarch of the Flame Holders, a simple ceramic figurine. The figurine always indicated something central of the Myrian culture, for Milena was a proud woman. Alyke of the Pottery Stalls and Tira were on good terms, and it was always around this time of year that Tira approached her with a similar request.

"Alyke! Woman! Where are you hiding?" Tira called with a laugh as she approached the stalls. She drew stares from people around her, at her exuberant manner and rough way of speaking, but quickly people went back to her daily business. She approached the stalls, and looked around her, but could not see Alyke. Turning to a vaguely familiar women, she tried a vague smile and began to speak. "Gess, right?" Tira asked. The younger women, an apprentice at the Pottery Stalls, nodded timidly, and before she could speak, Tira powered on. "Have you seen Alyke? I have business with her." Gess swallowed, pouncing on the opportunity.

"Alyke is on break at the moment, she'll be back soon ... but my wares are always available, I'm always willing to sell, why don't you have a l--" Before Gess could suck Tira under her spell completely, Tira shook her head with a laugh and began to back away. "No, thank you, Gess! I will come back later, when Alyke is around. Thanks anyway!" Turning with a smile, she began to walk away, then halted, standing still in the middle of the market place. Petch. What did she do now?
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Words: 13916
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mihai on June 18th, 2011, 4:28 am

Mihai could be moodier than a bleeding woman sometimes, and while he was normally rather aloof and solitary, there were times he craved the bustle of people. Of course, he was always happy in the presence of the Master and her gorgeous pussy cat, but she was only occasionally interested in his company. He walked on two legs today, body covered in nondescript clothes: an unbleached linen vest and sarong that revealed the twisting, scarlike mark of Myri that earned him a bit of respect from the man-eaters with whom he lived.

There was nothing in particular he needed, though sometimes he enjoyed a feast without a hunt, but that was only when he was feeling lazy. Today was one of those days, the unnatural heat of Falyndar -- unnatural, at least, in his estimation -- beat down on him. Panting didn't go over quite as well in human form, so he settled for the relative shade of the stalls, perusing here and there, wondering why humans collected so much useless stuff. The only reason he even had clothes was to appease the Myrians. He would have been just as happy in his skin.

His nostrils flared in sudden recognition and his head whipped around, alert as the predator he was despite his gangling frame.

"You," he said, and then padded over to the nearby stall where Tira was done browbeating a shop assistant.
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tira on June 19th, 2011, 2:06 am

Tira surveyed the busy crowd as the Myrian crowd wandered through the Market Place. Wandered was not quite the right word; a Myrian never wandered anywhere. They were a purposeful race, they had their tasks and were to undertake them - they knew that their survival depended on hard work and continued effort, before the petching skurak overtook their beloved Taloba. She surveyed her race in their home with pride - before quickly realising that she, herself, was doing nothing and simply wasting time.

She could not have Tira of the Flaming Hands be known for laziness, so she looked for something to occupy herself. She looked away from Gess, who scowled at Tira's snub - but Tira always bought from Alyke, and would continue to do so until the woman were petching dead - and wondered where she should go now until Alyke returned. Surely it would not be long, the Myrians never shied away from the work that needed to be done. She was about to walk and gain some food, before she spied a teenaged boy walking towards her with all due purpose. She surveyed him, her brow high as she did so, trying to place his familiar features. She recognised him, could almost place his features, but not quite.

"Me?" she asked, looking down upon the man. He was not of their race, and there was something almost feline about the way he stalked towards her. A Kelvic, then. A human would not have the right to wander freely through Taloba without quickly being slaughtered. "You ... I feel like I know you. Do I? I'm guessing you know me, for the way you accosted me." Her eyebrow was raised as she looked over the adolescent. She had not seen enough of his human form as he slinked through the jungle, the last time they had seen each other.
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mihai on June 19th, 2011, 5:50 pm

His smile was lazy, and his canine teeth might have been just a touch elongated, but that could just be a trick of the light. When something amused him, he could focus on it, and she amused him for the moment. He glanced down at his clothes, then smiled again at her, taking a moment before letting her in on the joke.

"We met once last season, but I was not wearing so many clothes. There were lots of delicious apes, but you weren't interested in food. Just blood and battle."

He didn't judge her desires, though he was assuming them. But while he loved a good hunt, a good kill, it was more for the purpose of eating or defending territory than it was just for its own sake. His needs were simple, and they were mostly fulfilled. Sometimes he still got the hair up his ass to find his sister, but for the time being he was content. Or content enough.
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tira on June 20th, 2011, 8:51 am

Tira watched him, an arrogant smirk on her lips, confused as to her perpetual grinning. Honestly, the boy would not stop grinning at her. It was like she had food on her face, or something, as he glanced around - still grinning. It was rather strange. Perhaps the boy was drunk. Or had something wrong with him. Either way, he would have to reveal something soon, before she got fed up with the boy who seemed to be far too happy for his own good.

Ah. That boy. She mirrored his grin now, for the man - boy - had amused her when they had met, his little tiger voice trying so hard. A flashback came to her, and she saw the golden tabby roaring as loud as he possibly could, but the noise simply wasn't as intimidating. "Yes, you, I remember you now." She looked him up and down, taking in his changed appearance - changed now by the addition of clothing. "You look different with clothes on. I think I prefer you naked." She said it swiftly, as though such banter came naturally to her, before a shudder ran down her spine. "Please, forget I said that, Kitty. You're as young as my brother. That is ... ugh. Slip of the tongue. It never happened." Nodding decisively, she pressed on, as if it had never happened. She would wring his neck if he mocked her for it.

She cast around for another topic of conversation, as she stood arms folded outside of the pottery stalls. "So..." she hummed, before she realised. "Your name can't very well be Kitty. Do you have a name, kid?"
Tira
Enamoured of the Flames

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cayenne on August 13th, 2011, 1:29 am

Observation: 1 XP
Interrogation: 1 XP

Lore: The Talobian Market Square