[The Bizarre] Another Encounter [Seidaku]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Dra-Sinsa on June 21st, 2011, 1:23 am

Summer 34 511 AV

Sinsa wandered around the Bizarre, eyes wide at the sight of the marketplace, the Bizarre.
She was in the same attire as the night she attempted to rob that poor man in, the only clothes she had.
Staring around at the people, she couldn't believe she was inside a large building.

Well, she could. Sort of, since she had walked inside.
But the entire place had an otherworldly feel to it and she liked it.
It added to the mystery and suspense she sought for in the world.

She looked at everything, examining everything, saving her mizas for something she found worthwhile.
Last edited by Dra-Sinsa on June 21st, 2011, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For every tear I shed, a day disappears from my life.
Dra-Sinsa
Player

Words: 4988
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2011, 9:28 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Seidaku on June 21st, 2011, 6:47 pm

Seidaku was never really sure how he felt about the Bizarre.

On the one hand, a person could really find pretty much anything they were looking for there, beyond any hope of rhyme or reason. On the other, the crowd and noise were always disconcerting.

At the moment, he was in an alcove, sheltered from the press of bodies moving past as he looked at a selection of inks and papers. He had worked through the last sheaf of paper yesterday, trying and failing once more to put to words his theory regarding the true nature of magic. Every time, it was so clear in his mind, but the words jumbled themselves into nonsense every time his quill hit paper.

He reached up to wipe a bead of sweat off of his brow. Even as large as the Bizarre was once you got into the building proper, something that never ceased to amaze him as he looked upward and around, upward at least four stories, and outward to where the booths and stalls stretched into the impossible distance without ever seeing the far wall. It was even more amazing when one considered that it was all located inside of a two story building that took up less than a block of total floor space. And every inch of the space was packed with stalls selling merchandise and throngs of people buying. There had to be tens of thousands of people inside of the Bizarre, easily double or triple the population of all of Alvadas.

Turning back to the stall, his current sanctuary from the crowd, Seidaku closed his eyes tightly and took a deep breath. Just being pressed in on all sides was... disconcerting. He refused to admit, even to himself, that it was starkly terrifying to be surrounded on all sides by people, never seeing the same person twice.

When he opened his eyes, he decided that it was time to call it quits and get back home. He collected his purchases, a thin sheaf of parchment sheets and a single vial of black ink, and paid the merchant his five gold mizas, an overcharge that he was not in any condition to haggle down. With another deep breath to steel himself, he hunched his shoulders and disappeared into the crowd again.

Seidaku had almost reached the exit, and the freedom it offered, when he saw a pale white flash through a momentary gap in the crowd. Through that gap, he caught a glimpse, brief but unmistakable, of the urchin who had deemed him not worth stealing from a few nights ago. It appeared she was dressed in the same worn clothing as that night, and from the looks of her had not eaten in about the same time.

Before he was even conscious of doing so, he had turned away from the entrance and was wading back through the crowds after the girl. "Umm... you there," he called across the Bizarre after her, "Girl? I didn't umm, catch your name, but wait!"

(OOC: Self Moderation - Traded 5 gold rimmed Mizas for 1 vial of ink and 20 sheets of parchment.)
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dra-Sinsa on June 21st, 2011, 7:02 pm

Sinsa was about ready to leave the Bizarre when a familiar voice caught her attention. She turned and met the gaze of the man she had nearly robbed a few nights before.
Her eyes widened in shock and terror as she backed up into the crowd, taking off running when a gap opened itself in the throng of people. She ducked under people as she tried to get away from the man, afraid he was going to...do something to her for attempting to rob him the other night.
Finding a small alcove barely big enough for her, she squeezed inside and buried herself in the shadows, golden eyes wide as her pupils dilated to watch out for the man.
Dra-Sinsa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Seidaku on June 22nd, 2011, 2:10 pm

Seidaku slowed down and blinked rapidly in surprise as the girl turned and bolted. With a heavy sigh, he realized that she probably thought that he wanted to turn her in to the authorities, or possibly to do her harm. The rational part of his mind was telling him to leave well enough alone and go home.

Instead of listening to any form of reason though, Seidaku tucked his shoulders and pushed his way through the crowd, oblivious for once to the noise and the press of bodies. Darting through the crowd after her, he managed to keep the girl in sight for a short distance.

She rounded a corner though and, when he followed around the bend, she was nowhere in sight. Pulling up to an abrupt stop, he spun in a quick circle, looking for another glimpse of pale skin or dark hair. Even a cursory glance showed too many places for her to hide than he could ever effectively search. In every direction, trinkets and doodads were laid out or hung from lines. It was a feeling akin to being trapped on the inside of a kaleidoscope.

With a resigned sigh, he continued peering about owlishly, hoping for a glimpse of the girl.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Character sheet

Postby Dra-Sinsa on June 22nd, 2011, 8:11 pm

Sinsa sighed in relief as she thought she lost him, then held her breath as she caught sight of him again, looking around again. She pushed herself back even more, not very uncomfortable yet.

A large metal vase was behind her and when she scooted back, knocked it over with a loud crash. With a growl of annoyance, she slipped out of the small space and proceeded to take off out of the chaotic area.
She wasn't, however, being observant, because she soon found herself on the ground, tangled in a number of nets and rope.

With a panicked sigh, she began trying to untangle herself to no avail. She glanced up at Seidaku before trying to push herself up, again, with no success.
Dra-Sinsa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Seidaku on June 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

Well, that had been a failed endeavor. What a brilliant idea, he thought with a sigh, Just run up and see what happens. No chance of her thinking you intend to turn her in or hurt her with a plan like that.

As he turned back toward the entrance, still conveniently within sight even after the flight through the Bizarre, a loud crash reverberated through the air. With a startled leap that took him nearly out of his shoes, he spun to face back into the throng of shops and people.

When he saw the source of the noise, he blinked in surprise. Sprawled on the floor of the Bizarre in a tangle of arms and legs and brightly colored gewgaws was the girl. This close, without the knife to distract his attention, he could see that she was almost painfully gaunt. It would not be much of a breeze that could blow her off of her feet and away.

Deciding that he had already traumatized the poor girl enough for one day, he approached slowly, with his arms held out toward her, palms facing her, as one would treat a frightened animal. As he neared, he said, "It's okay. I'm umm, I'm not going to hurt you."
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Character sheet

Postby Dra-Sinsa on June 23rd, 2011, 8:46 pm

Sinsa stared up at him unblinkingly as he approached her, every instinct telling her to run for it. When he spoke, she flinched away. But when she realized he might not be thinking of hurting her, she relaxed, but only slightly.

At a completely unnecessary time, her stomach growled, softly, but still heard by anyone near. She grumbled and began fidgeting with the ropes again, her movements quickly becoming frantic and jerky as she became frustrated.
Dra-Sinsa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Seidaku on June 24th, 2011, 2:23 pm

"Here, ah, let me help," Seidaku said, crouching down slowly and trying his hand at extricating the girl from the web of ropes, strings, and brightly colored beads of glass.

Working gently and trying not to frighten her any further, he tugged at individual lines, trying to help her create an area that she could climb out. How did she get so tangled so quickly? While he worked, he muttered to himself under his breath, "Maybe if I pull... No, that tightens that. But if I try to- no, that's attached to- oh, that looks expensive. Be careful, please."

He thought he was making progress when a low growl sounded. His hands stilled and he looked around the Bizarre for the source of the sound before he realized that it had been the girl's stomach. Looking down at her, he asked, "When was the last time you ate something?"
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Character sheet

Postby Dra-Sinsa on June 28th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Sinsa watched him as he untangled her, trying not to be a burden as he tried to help her out. Her mind swarmed with thoughts of distrust and fear, but she tried to shove those down.

Her eyes shot up to meet his when he questioned her, then fought to find the right words.
"Seven...days...back." She sighed in frustration, hoping he understood.
Dra-Sinsa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Seidaku on June 29th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Seidaku stared, mouth agape, for several seconds before he asked, incredulous, "Seven days!? It's a wonder you didn't skip the coin purse entirely and just eat me."

As he turned his attention back to the tangled snarl of ropes, he heard the booth's owner shouting, "Get out of my petching product! If you break a single line, I'll thump you up and down the length of the BIzarre!"

Hunching his shoulders against the verbal abuse, Seidaku thought he had an opening large enough for the girl to wriggle through, "There, ah, try that. Seven days? Oh, umm... thank you. For, uhh, for not taking my coin purse after all."
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Character sheet

Next