Buying Pets

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Buying Pets

Postby Devinne Stile on June 26th, 2011, 5:06 am

Another question.
I want to know how to get a pet (in this case, a dog). Are they considered NPCs or just another addition to your character? Also, how do you get one? Do you make a thread about buying it, or just add it? (That also kindof applies to buying anything.) I know that I would need to make a mini-sheet for it.
Another quick one:
On the Dogs Lore, what type of Miza are they talking about?
Devinne Stiles of Zeltiva
Devinne Stile
Curious Human

Words: 2785
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 2:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Buying Pets

Postby Vala on June 26th, 2011, 5:21 am

Devinne,

Because you are still new you can still add NPC dogs to your CS without creating a posted thread, as long as you provide some info in your History.

If you want, you can also write a self modded thread where you can:
1. Buy the dog from a friend/ breeder/ etc
2. Find a stray dog
3. Get creative

I would expect that to be Gold Mizas, but I suggest getting another mod's input first.

Kavala Is a good example of someone with NPC animals but I think hers are less companions than dogs would be. I know of some others who have made separate posts for their pets in their CS but for goodness knows why I can't find them. So it would probably benefit you in the long run if you did write a blurb about the animal's personality and habits, so when people write with you they know how to react.

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM

Happy Postings,
Vala
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets