[Vala's Scrapbook] Life, the Universe and Everything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Vala on March 19th, 2011, 3:18 am

“Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start” - Maria, Sound of Music

Vital Statistics

Name: Carenina (Nina for short)
Occupation(s): 2nd Semester High School Senior/ School Librarian/ Dental Office Receptionist/ Kyo-Su-Nim (Tae-kwon-do Instructor)/ Babysitter/ Fencing Manager/ RL Troll
Height: Tall enough avoid midget-hood, Too short to reach the top shelf
Weight: Precipitation
Element: Colorless
Weakness: Homework and Trash Cans
Resistance: Nagging
Special Moves: Confusion and Misdirection

"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes." -Life, The Universe and Everything
Last edited by Vala on March 19th, 2011, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Life, the Universe and Everything [Vala's Scrapbook]

Postby Vala on March 19th, 2011, 7:23 am

Art is never finished, only abandoned. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

I FINISHED MY CALLIGRAPHY ARTICLE!!!!

CALLIGRAPHIC AWESOMENESS

I know writing in all caps is very obnoxious, and I’m sorry if I scared/irritated anyone, but I’m just sooooo happy. It’s 3 in the morning here in New Jersey and my eyeballs are as dry as a dessert, but it was so worth it to finally finish it (and see my word count get bumped several thousand).

I have so much random stuff I need to write here in my new Scrapbook. I use to keep a journal you see - and a blog, and another writing thing, but those all died out, anyway... what was I talking about? oh yeah - now that I don’t have a regular journal all my days get muddled. Sometimes I forget what was a dream, what was real life, and what was a post for Mizahar.

I’ll probably write more random - seemingly random... you don’t know what goes on in my head... don’t judge me... - thoughts and maybe I’ll even divulge some of writing habits.

So far I think I’ve got a new system going: Quote -> Words and stuff -> Funny Picture.

Well I have a college visit tomorrow and I am completely zonked out. And Wystern got me reading cracked.com again. Grargh - I wish I didn’t have to sleep... takes up so much of my precious interwob time.

Dear Bed,
Why are you only comfortable when I have to get up in the morning?
Sincerely,
Insomniac

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on March 20th, 2011, 1:56 am

“One of the secrets of getting more done is to make a TO DO List every day, keep it visible, and use it as a guide to action as you go through the day.”
~ Jean de La Fontaine

My First To-Do-List!

Mizahar Stuff

~ Add edits to Calligraphy Wiki
~ Write up Calligraphy histories for Wiki
~ Pressure people to edit my Wiki
~ Start glassblowing thread with Torc Ironwood
~ Write a post for “You Got to Be Beading Me” with Feyra
~ Get started on my thread with Fois
~ Start thread with Camriska
~ Post in thread with Ronin
~ Talk to Nicky about starting a thread with Sade
~ Figure out how Vala’s split personality is going to work out
~ Maybe... just maybe, start on Bowing Wiki

Real Life Stuff

~ Maybe get some homework done (optional)
~ Clean my room
~ Eat a salad
~ Finish reading Dracula
~ Bike 5 miles or so
~ 50 push ups 200 crunches
~ Stretch / Yoga
~ Clean my desk
~ Hug my mom
~ Chill with cats
~ Sew up rips in jeans and shirts
~ Design and make a flag for Venture Crew
~ Go to bed before 11 pm (jk, I’ll be realistic - go to bed before 2 am)

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on March 21st, 2011, 2:02 am

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." -Muhammad Ali

When I first started working on carrying out my To Do List, I stalled - it felt like it would be impossible to do everything. And it was, but it definitely wasn’t impossible to get started with what I could. It felt empowering to cross some stuff out - threads with Feyra and Torc; add some edits to Calligraphy wiki; eat a salad; hug my mom; and chill with cats, just to name a few. I even met up with an old friend and went rock climbing (my arms are so sore, but it was worth it to ring the bell at the top!) Oh and today was free Italian Ice day at Ritas. ~Good Times

Now on to focus on Vala, who I feel I have been cruelly neglecting due to other chores and duties.

Oh before I forget -----> DRAW A PICTURE OF VALA (note to self)

Anyway I know I should let her write herself, keeping her true to her motives, but I have some major life goals for Vala that I don’t want to lose in my muddled mind.

~ Master Glassblowing!!!!
~ Gnosis mark from Priskil and Izurdin (more if its possible)
~ Help Torc craft Aquiras’ heart (If he’ll let me)
~ Bear a child (no idea from who yet, but preferably from a different race)
~ Get sick from child birth - I’ll come up with some horrible incurable condition
~ Transform into a Nuit to stay ‘alive’

I read a lot, mostly non fiction nowadays, but I use to love fantasy and sci-fi more than real people - kids were annoying and wanted me to share my candy. I remember the good ole’ days - staying up until 2 am, reading with just my bed light on, ensconced in my fluffy blankets. I use to think that an open book would keep the monsters away, so it was ok to read outside of my blanket force field. (Just to explain. A blanket force field is when you cocoon your body and head in the blankets - it only activates when everything is covered, and then the monsters can’t get you.) Anyway to my main point - a well rounded character makes or breaks a story.

I concede some stories are event driven, characters are more or less symbols of humanity. (Thank you AP Language and Composition and AP Literature -.-) but those weren’t the books I read as a kid, for one simple reason - they didn’t let me escape.

I read to escape: myself, my family, my life.

I almost got into a fist fight with a girl because she called fantasy books “Stupid.” She argued that they made no sense and there was no reason to read them. She was one of those girls that read Gossip Girl books, real life books about cliques and boy drama. I, heck we all, deal with that kind of drama crap everyday - why would I want to read about it in my free time? Sure fantasy has a lot of real life elements and drama but it gives me the distance I need not to make it too personal and remind me of how bad I feel - instead I can feel sad for and laugh at the poor sap who’s planet got blown up for a intergalactic bypass.

Wow I totally got sidetracked by that little rant. I mostly wanted to talk about how I was going to flesh out Vala’s character. In the few threads she’s had, Vala has come out to be shallow, petty, idiotic, a suck up, and hardworking. Sure she is all that and more, but if connected, those traits don’t make sense together, yet.

To be honest, Vala is more like me than I will ever admit. She’s a little crazier and can get into more adventures, but like her, I am a nice jackass (muhahaha I’m an oxymoron)

Anyway, I want to apologize, to anyone I thread with and the mods that read my threads, if her reactions seem unnatural (tell me if you think they were really unexpected and I’ll check it out). They will all make sense once her background is fleshed out. (like Vala, few people understand why I react the way I do in some situations). I’m probably more transparent than I make myself out to be, but like most teenagers I still like to tell my parents I’m ‘complicated’.

This post ended a lot deeper than I first expected. Here’s a picture to lighten the mood.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on March 25th, 2011, 2:43 am

Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball

I Secretly Hate Myself... Like Seriously?

Angsty title, for a not so angsty post. Anyway, this is just a little a public statement - a.k.a a shame motivator.

Mission IBOSAS is now Initiated!

Inartan
Book
Of
Super
Awesome
Sauce

I’m not an amazing artist, tbh. I dabble in everything though: calligraphy, clay pottery, rock carving, basket weaving, miniature models, broken glass figurines, chocolate sculptures, knitting, free form sculpture, found item sculptures, pastels, painting, cosmetics, (does music count as an art? Cuz then I sing and play flute), I have probably done a bunch of other random stuff but for the life of me... oh yeah, I make spoon people... XD

And because I’m not dying enough from schoolwork, clubs, sports, chores, work, volunteering, laundry (I hate this chore so much it gets its own section), keeping up with friends, and Mizaharing, I need to add another project to my list of stuff to do - enter IBOSAS.

I like to sketch people, for the life of me I can’t sketch anything else. I can do hands better than torsos... And ever since I’ve started Human Anatomy, I can pretty much draw the skeletal system, the respiratory system, and the cardiovascular system fairly accurately. And since I’m ‘class secretary’ I’ve made life sized models as teaching aides that my classmates can use to piece together like a puzzle so they understand where everything goes... wow I got totally off tangent again. Anyway, since I like to draw people, and I haven’t done so in months I really want to brush up that hobby again.

I have most of my hobbies on a rotational schedule so I can do everything without overloading my brain - next month juggling!

Ok, have yet to describe IBOSAS, I’ll get to the point now.

For IBOSAS, I will try to draw a bunch of Inartas. They will be of different castes, genders, ages, occupations -Suggestions Welcome!

If everything goes according to plan, then this will motivate more people to join Wind Reach because they don’t have to spend like 1000 hours trying to find a proper avi. Not that I’m starved for threads in WR (posters guilt!)... I just like plugging the city which I love so vewy much.

Anyway... this is my warning label. If I don’t finish this (or even start) this project, please don’t hate me. I’ll probably get to it eventually, when my best friend leaves for Europe and leaves me all alone to wallow in my loneliness...

Ginger Guinea Pig!

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on March 28th, 2011, 5:45 pm

*Ehem* Well... your scrapbook is completely adorable. Well, of course it would be. Mine is adorable and you are my sister so it comes in the genes. I just thought I would let you know. I love the rabbit :3 ALSO! Welcome to Avanthal! Your life will never be the same again. You will be cuddled or sassed to death (depending on who you thread with).
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Sorian on April 4th, 2011, 12:42 am

They should seriously make these in the States.

Don't grow fat! <3
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vala on May 7th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Vala's Spring Thread Goals

March (2011)
1. Pray deeply to a God with Val
2. Go Swimming in the baths
3. Explore a new location. (Hopefull in the quest thing with Goss)
4. Get kissed (assaulted) by Ronin in the baths -.-

April (2011)
1. Stargaze in a beautiful setting... (This one's a hard one)
2. Succeed brilliantly at something. (Must I choose just one :D )
3. Go hunting and turn out to be the hunted. (One word - bear)
4. Get hurt or hurt someone. (Damn Vala's weak ankles!)

May (2011)
1. Cook something! (Easy peasy)
2. Make a new friend. (Thank Priskil for newbies)
3. Try a new skill. (Teaching Aidara)
4. Have a lengthy conversation with someone or something not of your race. (Talking to books... what a weirdo)
Last edited by Vala on May 29th, 2011, 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mercury on May 18th, 2011, 5:08 am

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.”

Susan Polis Schutz

There is so much going on in my life I don’t' even know where to begin… I think I'll just make a list of key words and maybe I'll get to defining them at one point.

1. Princess Dress
2. Junior Prom
3. Senior Prom
4. DRAMADRAMADRAMA
5. Facial Structure and Perception Research Paper
6. SCHOOL
7. Fake Friends
8. Sleep Deprivation
9. Antisocial
10. Cats
11. Parties
12. Dancing
13. Dance Parties
14. EXERCISE
15. Sprained Ankle
16. Cute Boys
17. Weird Boys
18. Annoying Boys
19. I hate boys
20. Boys aren't that Bad
21. Boys are Silly
22. I should stop thinking about boys
23. CAKE
24. …gummies
25. Harmony Balls
26. Insomnia
27. Cell Phone
28. One Note
29. Chrome
30. Drawing
31. Pottery
32. Nosepot
33. Personal Projects
34. Waist Line
35. Salads
36. Calorie Counting
37. Balancing my Life
38. Laundry
39. Libraries
40. Abuse of Power

I started losing wind by 33…

It's 1 AM and I sleep about 4 hours a night now. I'm so knackered that I can even write properly. I'm just glad I got all of it down. I'll probably try to do a paragraph on each… one day. Maybe? I'm so behind on life…

I SHALL TAKE BACK CONTROL!

...gah. I didn't even mention what I'm doing with Miza...

Here is a picture of Ron telling Harry how to take back control of his life...

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vetala on May 18th, 2011, 5:37 am

Dont forget about our random nightly starting talks in that mess!
Vetala
As of Sahova

Words: 19326
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Office

Next