[Location] The Docks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Re: [Location] The Docks

Postby Hrair Ansoub on March 22nd, 2010, 6:30 pm

The stevedore handed Hrair a water bottle. Hrair gulped the ice cold water gratefully. The stevedore had seen this before, Hrair needed fruit so following a short rummage in some barrels at the bottom the pier the stevedore returned with several apples.

Hrair struggled to bite the apples and had to resort to using his pocket knife to cut the apple into small pieces. Hrair swallowed the chunks down whole, the colour slowly returning to his cheeks. He thanked the stevedore and handed him some fresh Seabass by way of gratuitous payment for his life saving service. The stevdore told Hrair about the ports medical facilities but Hrair dismissed the suggestion with a wave of his hand.

"I'll be fine"
he noted. The stevedore shrugged.

"If I could just trouble you for one thing though matey"
said Hrair in his strange accent, "well three things actually, I have quite a catch of fish and have never been to this port before, I really need to get rid of them soon. They are fresh as a daisy but they will not remain so for long, do you know a market or a merchant who would give a good price? I will then be able to give you your mooring fees but until then I don't have a bean. Secondly I am looking for a ship with brilliant blue sails, about 100ft with three masts, it imperative I find this ship for the life of someone dear to me rests on this, it is all a bit of a long story... Lastly where can one find ale round here?" Hrair grinned.
Let those who read this verse consider it profoundly,
Let the profane and the ignorant herd keep away:
And far away all Astrologers, Idiots and Barbarians,
May he who does otherwise be subject to the sacred rite.

Nostradamus Quatrains Century XI:100
Hrair Ansoub
Eccentric

Words: 18839
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hrair Ansoub on March 23rd, 2010, 9:50 pm

Hrair Ansoub
Eccentric

Character sheet

Postby Liminal on March 28th, 2010, 12:35 am

The stevedore shrugged. "If your fish are as good as you say, you can take 'em over to the Fisheries Building; or, for another ten mizas or nilos, we'll take 'em there for you and bring you back the money once the trading's done."

"As for ale, the Kelp Bar's really the only place to go, though as a stranger, I'm not sure how you'll feel about the beverages." A wry smile twisted his sunburned lips.

"But a 100-foot three-master? Around here? Far as I know, only the Guild has ships like that. You don't know the name of the ship, do you? It'd be fairly easy to find it then."
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hrair Ansoub on March 29th, 2010, 10:13 pm

"I don't know her name but I am sure going to find out" stated Hrair determinedly. After a short rest and a smoke with the stevedore they set about unloading the boat.

It was tough job but the pair made light work of it.

Hrair thanked the Stevedore for his help but declined his offer to take the fish to the market, instead asking for directions to both the fisheries building and more importantly the kelp bar. Hrair greatly appreciated help and directions. He showed his gratitude by giving the stevedore two fine large tasty fish <>< <><

Hrair Ansoub
Eccentric

Character sheet

[Location] The Docks

Postby Adam Coal on October 8th, 2010, 9:19 am

Fall 38 510 A.V.

Adam just about got to Zeltiva and was looking at the docks from the deck of the ship waiting to be let down. He bid goodbye to the travelers he was friendly with and with the crew and captain. A piece of advice from the captain before he left though,
"Well keep to your studies and you may be a great man one day" The captain said
He said he would keep that in mind and hurried off the ship. As much as he loved sailing and the sea, and he would surely miss the kind captain and his friendly crew, he hasn't been on dry land for ages and he sorely missed it. As he walked down onto the docks, he saw it was full of life there were merchants going about there businesses, people proclaiming their goods were the finest in the docks regardless of how many stalls claimed the same. He saw other ships just as fine and even much greater than the one he came in. Sailors bringing down their ship's cargo, and then heading to the nearest bar or for some faithful few to their wives and families. As much as he would like to just stay awhile he needed to get going, he still has to enroll at the university, so he took one last long look at the ship he came in took one final breath of the sea air and headed off in search for the university filled with good thoughts. I mean how bad could life here be?
Adam Coal
Delinquent

Words: 3944
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2010, 1:33 am
Character sheet

Previous