A Family Reunion (Tychonius)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ephraim on July 11th, 2011, 3:32 pm

5th day of Summer, 511 AV

"That sounds nice right now. Do you know if they have kelp beer? I would love some kelp beer." Eph perked his brow and looked over his cousin. Although older, Tychonius didn't seem to be someone fond of alcohol. Ephraim's image of his cousin formed in a kind of a good doer who stayed away from such lowly things like beer. The mixed blood grinned; maybe they shared some traits, though his mother would be furious if he brought Tychonius home being three sheets to the wind. ”Maybe.” He answered truthfully. Eph had no idea how the beer was called there.

As the cat hurried away, looking unhappy to be free from Tychonius' grasp, Ephraim's stomach reminded about itself in a low growl. This cat even if mangy, still looked like a meal. With a feeling of loss Eph returned his gaze to Tychonius but the man was looking at the point on the horizon. The mixed followed his cousin's stare. "You're family, aren't you? It's been a long time since I've looked on a face that is related to me; you're not as ugly as you think, there. Eph couldn't help but chuckle hearing this. ”Sssure, jussst exotic It was surprising how at ease the mixed blood suddenly felt, he even stopped to control his sibilant speech for which he immediately scolded himself inwardly. It had been sometimes since anyone was nice to him or he was nice to someone. Even if Tychonius was doing it because it was something you supposed to do toward your family, it felt genuine. This or his cousin was just an amazing actor. In truth the only thing in common so far was their bloodline and maybe love for alcoholic beverages.

The apple was caught in the midair; Eph whistled at this display of reflexes. ”Nice reflexes.” The mixed blood again struggled to keep his speech in check, which sound very unnatural but when he suddenly changed his mind about Tychonius...Ephraim didn't want to put him off anymore.

"So, then, Ephraim, how far is this Silver Sliver?" Eph jumped over an empty stall vendor, still covered in fish's guts and splatters of dried blood. Ravok's docks were charming indeed. ”We need to leave docks., but it isss not far from here.” He responded with the firs honest smile in a while. Eph couldn't really tell why suddenly his cousin felt like a friend or at least someone really nice, but it wasn't unusual for the half-Dhani to change his opinion about someone rapidly. Just generally it was toward the dislike than fondness. Not to mention Tychonius seemed to be alright with the fact Eph shamelessly had stolen the apple.

Eph led his cousin through various alleyways and corners, via shortcuts known only to the few until they reached the famous tavern. The smell of food made the mixed blood's stomach to tie into a knot. He wished he had eaten that cat. Maybe there was a barmaid that would not scoff at Eph ordering a raw piece of meat. Ephraim sighed. ”Here it isss.” He pointed at Silver Sliver. ”I am ssstarving.”
Last edited by Ephraim on July 15th, 2011, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Tychonius Nioni on July 15th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Tycho was only slightly disappointed at the uncertainty of the kelp beer's availability. Only slightly. Not enough to dampen his first time meeting with his cousin.

"Sssure, jussst exotic." His cousin said this, his voice snake-like and sibilant. Charming, in fact. Tycho thought so, at least; it was unique and charming. Exotic too. Tycho could not believe that he was related to such an interesting person. He was glad he had a sense of humor, and seemed clever and quick witted. Tycho laughed loudly, happily. As if someone had told a joke. "Exotic, yes. Just right, Eph, just right. Do you mind if I call you that? Eph?"

Ephraim led Tycho through the streets of Ravok, winding through alleys and thin little streets. They were the kind of streets that were on no map, and where no one would find you for days if you had run into the wrong person. Tycho felt safe with Ephraim though. Tycho found he missed the cat.

They reached an old building sitting quietly, creakily.
"Here it isss. I am ssstarving." Now that he mentioned it, Tycho found himself and his stomach hungry. Food sounded good. "I am too, in fact. Starving like a rabbit in a meat-shop."
Tychonius Nioni
The Scholar-Bard

Words: 11777
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 9:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ephraim on July 18th, 2011, 2:58 pm

5th day of Summer, 511 AV

A genuine laugh was something Ephraim rarely heard around himself and it made him blushed slighty like he had done something goofy, but there was no mockery in what Tychonius said so after a moment the hafl-Dhani's lips curled into an unsure smile. He led his cousin inside of the tavern with the same rather silly grin. "I once ate a rabbit from ssssuch meatssshop. It wasss a pretty fassst thing." Ephraim mused, scratching his chin.

Upon entering, the half-Dhani pulled his hood a bit lower. It was almost automatic, thoughtless reaction to him in public, crowded places. To shield himself from unwanted attention although many from patrons knew him, not really by name or what he did but by looks which stood out in a city dominated by humans, even if humans from various parts of the land, still humans. Tychonius didn't really stand out as a stranger, unlike Ephraim who anywhere would stand like a sore thumb.

Eph found the darkest, most secluded table and sat down, looking around to spot any sign of troubles but no one was looking at the two. He looked at Tychonius and gestured him to take a seat. A bit impatiently but he was damn hungry. The half-Dhani had to eat sometimes...His golden orbs scanned the room to find the barmaid.
[/color]
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Previous