[Flashback] The Universal Start (Cade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ephraim on June 29th, 2011, 8:59 pm

24th day of Winter, 510 AV

Cold air tore into his lungs as the half-breed left The Silver Tavern and he coughed violently. Winter was a bad time of year for him. He had never really associated it with his blood or his father, like so many things he refused admit to, but undeniably something was happening to him in these cold days. Like his blood was suddenly becoming too thick for hi veins and slowed down it's pace. Nevertheless a man, or even a half man should eat and to eat such man should work. If you could call thievery a work. Unfortunately Eph lost all his today earned coins to a stupid gamble and now was broke.

The moon stood proudly in the night sky, presenting his silver belly to the world. The light was giving Eph's skin a curious shade of gold. The young half-breed looked up at the night sky and sighed. There was not even one cloud but still cold, too cold for this Dhani's offspring. Ephraim grabbed his cloak and wrapped himself more tightly but the unforgiving wind was not giving up and as if it was its goal to make Eph's skin and scales itch, it stung his body.

Someone sneezed and Ephraim jumped but it was just a drunk trying to get some fresh air. Soon after a lovely sound of vomiting could be heard and Eph frowned disgusted. [color=crimson]”Nice! Is this a new paint for your house?” He snarked. Being sixteen, by human standards Ephraim was considered a young adult already but his behavior was the one of a thirteen year old and a very misbehaved one. It was possible that his maturation would go slower due to Dhani blood but most likely he was just that – an immature punk with identity crisis.

The mixed blood looked around curiously to check if there was a guard around but the alley seemed empty. Noises from the inn told Eph that the party was just starting but it also meant it was time for him to vanish. The more people, the more chances you could get into troubles and even if Eph loved troubles and troubles loved him back, today he felt like crap. A cold crap one might add. He sniffed the air loudly; yes,it was high time to go back home.

His steps didn't make a sound or at least Eph would like to think so as he began to move away from the tavern. Maybe a small run would make him warm? Bring some life to the freezing limbs? The mixed blood broke into a lively strut and then sprint. He was about to jump over the wheelbarrow, standing oddly in the middle of the alley but suddenly a mountain grew at his path. Ephraim yelped meekly and rapidly changed direction which sent him at nearby wall. He felt a cold stone brushing against his cheek; the hiss of pain escaped his lips. ”Whatsss thiss?” Eph asked confused, still seeing stars from the sudden meeting with the wall. The bafflement made his sibilant speech to occur, betraying his heritage more than any other trait he had. The mountain changed to a man. A huge man, the biggest Ephraim had ever seen in his life. ”Whaa... What the hell were they feeding with?” He spluttered, not really thinking it through well as a mountain man could feel really insulted with this remark.

OOCYeah, he kinda almost ran into Cade here xD Hope it's k.
Last edited by Ephraim on July 5th, 2011, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

[Flashback] The universal start. (Cade)

Postby Cade on June 29th, 2011, 11:18 pm

The barbaric Cade walked forth closing in on his concussed prey. Prey he been waiting for, braving the Rovok cold as he stood silent in the shadows of the alley waiting for any fool to walk in alone. The half blood Myrian was coin less and was set to mug anyone he could get his hands on so he could afford lodging from the elements. To the savage's delight he could detect the dhani breeding with in this victim and made what he was about to do that much more enjoyable.

"COME SERPANT'S WHELP!" The mountain of a man growled in his deep Myrian accent " TIME TO HAND ME YOUR GOLD"

Just as he got into distance, the barbarian savagely stroke out at the half Dhani, with a straight kick aimed for the boy's chest to smash him further back into the wall. A touch of theatrics to make it clear he meant business.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Ephraim on July 4th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Ephraim couldn't take his eyes off the huge man. He looked like a mountain of muscles, someone who for sure didn't look like a Ravok citizen. On the other hand Ephraim didn't look like one either. There was something savage about him, something wicked but maybe it was the effect of moonlight and his own fear. The man turned to him and Ephraim let out a small yelp of a scared kid. [color=royalblue]"COME SERPANT'S WHELP!" The savage brute's accent was so thick, Ephraim could barely understand it. It was more an animalistic growl. Eph had no idea what this strange speech was, but certainly of vicious people." TIME TO HAND ME YOUR GOLD" He was being mugged. Mugged by a mountain man in his city...Ephraim didn't have much time to think about petty insult nor the man's origin as the man sent a kick square into the half-Dhani's chest.

The boy knew Ravok and that you had to be always ready. He was still young and inexperienced when it came to fighting, but these few brawls had given him a pretty good idea on how to move to not be hit. Eph tried to dodge but not quick enough. The kick cough him in his side and sent on the ground. The half-Dhani hissed in pain, like an angry snake and clenched his now most likely bruised ribs. ”I have no money.” Ephraim said. He wanted it to sound angrily but it came out more defensively than the young half-breed wanted to at the same time his eyes looked for possible ways of escaping. Every canopy, roof he even considered making his way in between the brute's legs. When not surprised Eph could be a pretty fast creature. But maybe...Maybe there was a hope this beast would go away knowing there was no money to rob.

Eph slowly got up and looked up at his attacker, trying not to challenge him in any way. What for many was a cowardice, for him was just another way to survive relatively unharmed. Now the teenager suddenly wished he could shapeshift and maybe swallow this ugly savage. No! That would be disgusting and wrong. And most likely would give him cramps. Eph followed the barbarian's every move, ready to make even the most neckbreaking escape attempt if the man attacked.
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 5th, 2011, 10:31 pm

The Barbarian snarled as his victim mentioned he had no money for the taking. He wasted all that time waiting for someone to enter the alley and when someone did, he got one that was as poor as he. He looded down on the half Dhani with disgust, a inferno of rage blazing in his eyes while his fists clenched with pure anger.

"Fine snake piss.......Have it your way. I will take your boots and clothing...... And i will beat you tell you do so." The savage growled as he mounted the grounded half snake. His fists came upon Ephriam like a barrage of hammers falling from the skies. Cade was using Ephiam as a punching bag, taking his desperate fustrations out on his half blood hide. Cade was angry and was going to make it very clear to his failed victim that he was tell he agreed to hand up his boots and clothing, his protection from the elements in this cold winter days of Ravoc.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ephraim on July 7th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Before Eph could even blink the man snarled like an angry beast and threw himself at Eph. The mixed blood let out a wheeze of a trapped reptile and a very human whimper of a scared child. He could feel something crushing his backs, injuring his ribs even more. [color=blue] "Fine snake piss.......Have it your way. I will take your boots and clothing...... And i will beat you tell you do so." There were words cutting through pain. Ferocious and wild. Eph had a feeling he didn't meet a human but some crazy force of nature.

He tried to fight back, meekly and with no real strength before finally giving up. He was ready to give this man his clothes, money, and even his virginity if only this would make the painful beating stop. ”Wait...Wait!” Ephraim whimpered weakly, ”I know Ravok, I can show you more worthy victimsss. I am a thief, I can help you!” He pleaded more now feeling tears welling up in his eyes. ”Pleassse! I can find a rich helplesss merchant for you. I know guardsss' routinesss and Ravok's map by heart!” Most likely, if he would live through this encounter, his pride would suffer greatly. On the other hand it was better to be alive and with no self-worth than be ripped to pieces by a manbeast and at this moment Eph was fairly sure he would die.

He could agree to hand his clothes but that would mean freezing to death, especially for hallf-dhani like him or at least getting sick for weeks. Not to mention running home nude like you were some crazy Kelvic was not appealing. Guards would take notice for sure so Eph clung to the last hope he had and was ready to sell out all he knew about Ravok.
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 15th, 2011, 11:00 am

The creature within his grasp trembled with fear, a reaction most would have after a beating like that. The only reason the beatings have stopped was the half snake caught the barbarians attention, dangling the very needs and desires the brute was mugging the guy in the first place. The mountain of a man just stood there, towering over the grounded Ephraim using his domineering presence to keep his victim still as he contemplated the offer. Cade was no fool, every man tries to strike a deal begging for their lives when death or severe torture was imminent. On the other hand, what did the barbarian have to lose? If the creature lied and escaped, would matter not to him sides a small hit to the pride that he was duped.

Cade lifted the half Dhani from his fetal position, forcing the beaten creature to his feet so he could look at him, half breed to half breed, man to man. “ Alright Shurak!.....” Cade paused as his lifted his grasp of Ephraim and stepping a foot back, with hand rested upon the hilt of his longsword. “ You have my attention, so speak!” He ordered with the deep myrian accent that rumbled form his diaphragm. Cade needed to make good on the coins and was willing to give this half Dhani a chance to earn it for him. Or at least show him the right places to look.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ephraim on July 15th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Finally the agony ended and the mixed blood whimpered when the giant jumped off him. He could feel every muscle and fiber in his body aching like they were soaked in a hot, boiling water.[color=crimson]”Ow...” Ephraim complained when the man lifted him off the ground. ”Oh Gods, are you even a human.” The half-breed asked, dizzy from all the beating, but his troubles were not even close to finish. His golden orbs scanned the brutish features, wide with fear. Blood trickled from Eph's mouth and he licked it, wincing as his tongue found the wound.

The man's speech was almost unrecognizable through his thick accent. Eph now felt like punching him right in that huge nose of his. However, the young mixed blood just sighed and complied. ”I can take you to the markets and show the merchant you can steal from. Those who are rich, recklesss and have little to no guardsss.” Ephraim said, desperately trying to make his voice sound confident but he couldn't help it. His whole body trembled, still reeling after the sudden attack and voice betrayed it.

Ephraim was scared out of his mind; the man was a walking mountain for Gods' sake. The young mixed blood had a feeling there was something strange about him. He was for sure not native to Syliras but maybe also not even a human. No human the half-Dhani had ever seen looked like a cross between a bar and a man. To save his life Eph couldn't tell what accent the man had, but as everything about his attacker – it was goddamn ugly.
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 28th, 2011, 6:28 am

Cade didn't waste much time pondering the half breed snake's offer. Cade was a man short on mula and was going to take risks to gain some. Even if the risk was to trust a mixed blood dhani that he just knocked around. Cade unsheathed his sword with trained reflexes striking out with a warriors growl. The blade stopped an inch from the flesh of his neck, a sinister grin formed upon the savage's smirk. " You cross me, Shurak!......I will be making snake skin boots out of your hide" He growled, keeping his blade just off Ephriam's neck. This was to show it was more of a promise then a threat, a aspect he hoped the half breed understood.

"Lead the way" Cade ordered, not waiting for any smartass coments, for he knew the creature would do as he was told, or at least tell he bought enough to time to make an escape. Cade was not a fool and knew this was a risk he was taking, but he was a man true to his word and he would skin the dhani if crossed..... if he got his hands on him.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ephraim on July 29th, 2011, 11:32 am

Tip of the cold blade touched his skin and Ephraim shrieked like a grass snake that someone stepped on. “I am..only half-Dhani, not a sssnake, no good ssskin for your bootsss out of that.” He swallowed, trembling like a golden leaf. Eph was fairly sure the huge man would keep up to his promise and skin him alive like. Fear didn't however made him less angry about all the insults he the barbarian was spewing. Ephraim hated reptiles and refused to believe he had anything to do with any of them. Stupid overgrown pile of meat, still very scary pile of meat.

The mixed blood's nostril's flared, but he didn't comment further or this might end up tragically for his precious skin.[color=crimson]”I am going...Ssshhh.” He hissed under his breath, his eyes scanned the alley for some escaping route. The man blocked one and running away the other way didn't seem appealing with his attacker being at arm's length.

Gritting his teeth, Eph gestured at the man to follow him. Their purpose was the dock's market. No one was there now but he would show the barbarian a spot and tell him how to sneak some gold without people noticing. Of course only if he wouldn't find a way to make his escape by then. “It'sss not far from here...” The half-Dhani added, moving few steps away from the man.]
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet