Help with creating

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Help with creating

Postby Josh Caudle on January 15th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Okay so I have ran into a bump. I have a weapon and fighting astyle i would like to bring to Mizahar, the only problems is that the our from a sub-race that isnt in mizahar. So I am going t o create them, either as an almost extinct Npc sub-race or a fully playable subrace. (btw there human). I just need some hellp creating them. Most like a list of stuff I should include in their writeup. I know they need stuff like home region and cities, religion, a history, a biology, and goverment. is there anything else i should include. On a side note, how do u add the contents?

Thanks a million for your help!
Josh Caudle
Player

Words: 3227
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2009, 8:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Help with creating

Postby Gossamer on January 15th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Josh-

I'd look at the current subrace writeups for an example. They contain all the information that a full fledged subrace should have. However, my gut instinct with this one is that you should apply this weapon and fighting style to something that already exists and skip doing a big huge writeup on a new subrace. Both those two writeups need a lot of work before they will be able to be put into the wiki and someone can learn them. I'd concentrate on doing that first rather than working on a whole new writeup to justify two other unfinished writeups.

Hopefully that makes sense.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: Help with creating

Postby Josh Caudle on January 16th, 2010, 7:01 pm

yes it does
Josh Caudle
Player

Words: 3227
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2009, 8:28 pm
Race: Human