The man with the blue hair. (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 24th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Reaver had stopped focusing, and he no longer needed his res, a necessary loss, If Reaver had decided to use any of the more dangerous magics he could have stopped him, and given himself time to run. He forms it into a pebble on the ground, somewhat blue and shiny, but nothing rare, bent down, picked it up, and pocketed it. “Why don’t we take this to somewhere less open.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 25th, 2011, 4:52 am

Reaver nodded, and with an appropriately over-the-top gesture, says "Lead the way."

Reaver followed rather quietly, unless asked questions. If he felt he got close to their destination, or as they arrived, he'd ask his question once more. "So, I'm trusting you with a touch of important information, what is your motive? Unless ridding the world of something or destroying some great thing are apart of it, I doubt it'll matter. I just want to be sure my research is safe."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 25th, 2011, 7:29 am

Jason walks to the nearest inn, and rents a room, walking in silence. “As I said, my intention is simple, to learn, and if you can provide me with this I have every intention of learning what I will do with it” sitting down on the bed he says. “Now as we may talk freely, let’s I have no intention of using magic for dangerous intentions, At most it will be for study of its effects. I also after I continue to study, will be able to induct you into Reimancy, but this is no easy feat, and I need to learn more before I can do this without killing you.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 25th, 2011, 7:49 am

Renting a room? Interesting choice. Reaver mused to himself. After the other sat on the bed, Reaver tried once again to explain the folly. "But, WHY study the effects? Should you know the effects, what would you do with the knowledge? Spread it into a magic-fearing world and have them kill you? Mass it to yourself so that no-man could trust you? Hide it away until someone takes it from you? Hand it out to anyone willing to learn and let them do all the damage I fear? I think you should consider everything has consequences. Given your logic so far, it would be unlikely that you would hinder me with the knowledge, but you need a goal or your mastery will just kill you."

He waited for the response, though Reaver thought it should be clear now what dangers learning for no reason could possess. "I'll teach you something, but I rather intend to learn something as well. Everything has a price, and the price of my lesson is another lesson with reversed roles. If you listed all your known magics in order, what would you want to learn first? I might just know the guy who could teach you, should he not know the guy."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 25th, 2011, 8:47 am

“I have plans to construct a school of magic where it is not yet well known. Where I am as of yet unsure, I am still spending time trying to find where the most appropriate location, I am quite certain that given the right different magics construction should be of little difficulty, and I have every intention of using for self defense as well.” Jason didn’t know why this man kept lecturing him, he had no true right to be doing that.

“I will take you as my first pupil in Reimancy, if you choose to teach me Glyphing or Animation, I warn you, It will be dangerous. Very Dangerous. And I cannot guarantee that you will survive the Initiation which will be a pain that has no equal, you will be invaded by my very djed, but from there, I can teach you elemental magic and how to control it. It is one of the most dangerous magics and one of the most prone to Overgiving, but one of the most dangerous to your enemy. And if you teach me both, I can easily teach you about how to care for a library, as a man of your nature would probably keep a large library if he was given the chance, and I will teach you how to.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 25th, 2011, 5:28 pm

"A magical school, interesting choice of folley. Isn't there one here in Ravok? Isn't there a place known as Black Rock that holds such high learning? ...though that one only falls under rumor with my current knowledge."

"Asking I teach you two arts and you offer to try and kill me? At least you're honest about it. Oh, and how to watch books rot, fun. I'm afraid your offer doesn't hold much water right now. A hole in your boat needs patched up first, I think. Your goals, however, may aid mine in the future. Wouldn't that be wonderful, but a cost is still a cost. Once you can avoid killing me, or gain something new to offer, perhaps then. As of now, I don't see much value in the great risk you're asking of me."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 25th, 2011, 8:33 pm

“From what I hear, yes there is such a place in Ravok, though I have not yet found it to study there, and as for a school on the Black Rock, I am as of yet unsure of the truth behind that.”

“I only gave you the truth there, I will not offer you Reimancy until you know exactly the danger that every initiate goes through, and this was on a one for one trade, Reimancy for Animation or Glyphing, and keeping the books from rotting for the other.” Jason stands up at this point, straightening his clothes. “If the books do not interest you, I will still teach you Reimancy, for either. I know the process, I have as yet to do it to someone, the chance of pain is great, but the chance of death is approximately ten percent, as long as you do exactly what I say.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on September 1st, 2011, 7:14 am

Reaver sighed. He cupped his hands carefully together, and focused. Spreading his hands apart, he revealed a small red mist that turned into a small flame. It swiftly died. "Reimancy holds little appeal to me as well. not something I find I'll be practicing often, if at all. I'm glad I learned what I did, but that isn't much. Perhaps, however, I should try and lead you to a... different associate of mine. If you can get me some D-wire, and help me start a lab like his, I may be interested in returning the favor for you. How does that sound? D-wire is pricy, however. I get a small lab built for my own amusement, and you get to learn both his art and one of mine. How does that trade sound?"

OOCSorry for the REALLY long delay, but it turns out it was a legitimate one. I got Reimancy after all. Good to know. Sorry, hopefully my post has a more interesting offer then you'd realize. :P
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous