New Beginnings on a Cold Road (GRADED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

New Beginnings on a Cold Road (open)

Postby Zanril on July 20th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Her soft hand brushed his cheek, sweeping away his frigid tears. A smile spread across Zanril's face as he reached and briefly touched her hand. She eased his pain, an impossible feat to accomplish himself. He listened with interest about her people and her sorrow.The Ethaefal were people severed from some after-death domain? It was hard to believe, but then again, she didn't seem like one to lie. Also, her beauty did seem otherworldly. He looked at her visage then and took it all in. Her beautiful onyx eyes, her soft skin, hair white as the moon, horns... horns dark as night.

He was moved by what she said. She had had to endure a great deal of pain watching those she loved perish. Perhaps he had calming words for her, now. He gazed again into those eyes. You have endured much pain, I think. In Avanthal, we grieve, but for those we love, we craft story and song to keep them immortal, in our hearts. The ones you lost are not gone, my friend. They live on in you. Think. The impressions they made on you, the laughter and tears they gave you, those special moments...nothing can take those away. Not death, not time, nothing. I can even help you craft a story or ballad for your loved ones. It does help. She was gorgeous, but Zanril noticed that when she spoke of her pain, she seemed to wear a mantle of sorrow. It was barely noticeable, but Zanril would say what he could if it helped. You have calmed the storm in my heart, and I would gladly repay you. If you wish, I can journey with you wherever you will, save Avanthal. I will need to sleep, but I really do not mind talking to you a bit longer. It wasn't often Zanril was comforted by a beautiful woman. He was going to savor the moment.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Words: 17338
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 5:55 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Velaa on July 20th, 2011, 10:42 pm

She watched him, her dark eyes absorbing ever drop of emotion his aura showed her, the desire to understand why he felt to comfort her. She had grown used to the distant acceptance she'd received in Denval, or the fear and awe she was subject to while traveling. Zanril provided her with awe and acceptance, something she'd missed for the years that she'd been without it. It was like he had lived among the Ethaefal to be able to look past their appearance into their personality.

"I've not entered Avanthal, but that tradition... It sounds like it would suit the ones that have left. If you would help me, I'll do it." A slight smile caught her lips again. She gave no more thought to her heavenly father, watching from the band of an aurora and among the realm of Zintila. She had focused on the Vantha before her. But his next words brought back her sadness. She couldn't accept what he had offered her, but she had grown selfish and lonely, and having someone new to walk with would bring back the joy she'd felt when she had loved Leth.

"You'd come with me..?" She whispered quietly, her long lashes drooping over her onyx eyes. They lifted again after a few moments. "If you mean that, I'll take you. Wherever we walk is where we'll go." The thought that she'd suffer again when he died burned the back of her mind, for she knew that one day she'd have to either separate from him or watch him grow old and fade away with the others. Could she do that again? Would she be able to watch someone's life leak away? She wasn't sure yet. Not yet.

"Will you melt if we go too far south?" She allowed a teasing tone into her voice as she stuffed away her morbid thoughts. "It gets quite hot, even in Winter."

"Sleep? I'd forgotten I woke you." A self-deprecating laugh crossed her lips quietly and she brought her pack forward to remove her blanket. "I sleep as well, I just haven't bothered yet. Whenever you wish to sleep, I shall join you. I hadn't meant to wake you in the first place."
Velaa
The Forsaken Wanderer

Words: 10196
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Zanril on July 22nd, 2011, 2:53 am

Zanril was glad she accepted his offer. Crafting stories was one of his very favorite things, ever since he was a child. Just as good was the acceptance of his offer to travel with her. It had been so lonely thus far. "Will you melt if we go too far south?" Zanril chuckled. She seemed to have a playful side. "Whenever you wish to sleep, I shall join you. I hadn't meant to wake you in the first place." Zanril was sure to keep his thoughts in check. This was no normal woman, and she seemed far too...above him for Zanril to try anything lecherous. It would be like a rat seducing a dove. No, Zanril would be as gentlemanly as possible, regardless of what his body craved.

You have been very kind to me. We will have much to speak of on the road ahead. For now, I ask you rest yourself. You must be tired. Surely even those of your kind get weary on long travels. He moved to the very edge of the side of his bedroll and offered her a place beside him. Don't worry, friend. I could never bring myself to harm you, or to violate your femininity. I will keep you warm at my side, if you do not mind sharing a bed with me. Trust that I will respect you. Zanril knew that travelers often met their demise from the cold winds out here. He now wished he had built better shelter, instead of throwing his luck in Morwen's hands and half-hoping for death. The weather still seemed clear, and as long as the beasts out here stayed at bay, they would surely greet the morning alive.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Velaa on July 22nd, 2011, 3:10 am

Another smile ghosted across pale lips at the quiet chuckle she'd coaxed passed Zanril's lips. His offer still had her brooding, but the dark thoughts lingered in the deep recesses of her mind, far from prying eyes, where everything remembered was lilted in a divine language too beautiful to let be spoken in this broken world. Her dark eyes flashed up to the moon again and she looked back to Zanril with a much more stable half smile.

"You will not be shocked if you wake to find a Konti?" Her question was spoken without inflection. She hadn't had a thought of denying the offer to sleep in his bedroll, having lost the ability to fear for her own well-being when she decided she didn't care whether she lived or died. Never did it cross her mind that he was a man and she was a woman and that being so close could cause tension... for him, at least. It wasn't that she was unfeeling to the desires of flesh, she just hadn't felt the need to acknowledge them in so long that they had become, for now at least, worthless.

"Will I be crowding you?" She asked him next. Even if she didn't care for lust, she did care for the well-being of kind strangers. She had no desire to make him uncomfortable. "I won't get sick, so I can test my luck out here tonight. It's not so cold." A charming smile stole through her usually stoic expression. She, of course, felt the sting of cold, but she wouldn't let the Vantha know this.

After she spoke, she reflected on the aura he displayed before she reached a hand up to rub her eyes, easing back the flow of djed before a headache grew. The man showed some of the typical reactions she'd observed, but he was also so different. It was refreshing, to say the least. Maybe she'd get used to companionship again.
Velaa
The Forsaken Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Zanril on July 22nd, 2011, 6:59 pm

"You will not be shocked if you wake to find a Konti?" Zanril had heard of the Konti, but had never seen one. He still had much to learn of the people of Mizahar. He smiled at her next question, "Will I be crowding you?" Many thoughts came to mind at the idea of her sharing his bedroll with him, but "crowded" and "uncomfortable" were not among them. "I won't get sick, so I can test my luck out here tonight. It's not so cold." Zanril yawned. Well, I've never seen a Konti before, but as long as they don't look like Talderan bears, I won't mind. And of course you won't be crowding me, but it's either share my bedroll or take my bedroll, I insist. My conscience will not allow me to leave a beautiful girl out in this cold. Also, your body heat will make my sleep much more comfortable. Zanril gave her a huge grin. The night is cold, and this blanket is warm. If you're not comfortable sleeping with me, I can build a fire and keep watch. Regardless, you will not be cold tonight. He looked at her with anticipation.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Velaa on July 22nd, 2011, 7:50 pm

Another smile was granted to the male as Velaa stretched out her arms slowly, thinking over her next move. She'd not had to deal with painfully courteous people for some time. It brought back aching memories as well as anger that she should feel that way over someone being nice. Now was not the time to mope.

"I would rather we share. You won't let me go without a bed, and I won't let you. I've not had company out here, so I don't know about my body heat keeping you warm, but I'd gladly do it. Be careful for my horns, though... I can't feel through them, and I've scratched people before, whether intentionally or accidentally." She smiled some more at that memory, of the few that tumbled out at the thought of those 'incidents'. What better way for an Ethaefal to mark what belongs to them than by a well-meant gouge to the cheek?

"You don't have to sit watch, Zanril... I was only worried for your comfort. I'm not much of a... Courteous person, I suppose... Show me too much kindness, and I think I'll take advantage of it." She crept over to his side as though wary, despite her words. She still wasn't sure if he'd be comfortable with a horned woman sleeping in his bed. The first thought of the possibility of making him lustful floated through her mind, but was discarded with the thought that no man would want a woman old enough to be his great grandmother. She viewed herself as undesirable, no matter what she may have wanted.

"I'll be a good example of what a Konti is in the morning," she said to distract herself from that thought. Another smile flashed. "I hope you won't be uncomfortable with seeing that."
Velaa
The Forsaken Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Zanril on July 24th, 2011, 6:33 pm

OOCZanril awoke to find his face a bleeding mess from the fury of the strange woman's pointy horns.
Zanril pulled the thick winter blanket over the strange woman. Good, he said quietly. We'll both be warm tonight. He didn't want to touch her, since they weren't lovers, but it was impossible not to notice the tension of this situation. He could see her distinctly now. Her jet-black horns looked majestic perched atop her head. They seemed to complete her, to accentuate her beauty. A feeling washed over Zanril. Not lust, not even love, just a feeling of comfort. He felt special, just being beside her. He was excited to see to whom he would awaken. Her Konti form... what did it look like? Would she have the same personality? Zanril wondered if the Konti form was cute. Only time would tell, and the night was not getting any younger. The thoughts racing through Zanril's mind would only keep him awake, so he tried to clear his thoughts. He found it nearly impossible. At least the thoughts were those of this girl, and not of his past. That was a welcome change. I didn't...get your name... Zanril's speech was slurred with drowsiness. The last thing his eyes saw before they were closed with the weight of their lids was the woman. The beautiful woman.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Velaa on July 24th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Velaa smiled as the blanket covered her, and she wondered if she should face the man or turn away still, so her back was to him. What did a person do in this situation? Turning to face him would make this much more intimate than she was certain he'd be comfortable with, but keeping her back to him would send him a cold shoulder. She decided to face him, to watch his eyes as he drifted to sleep, to be the last thing he saw when his eyes closed. Perhaps her eyes would haunt him?

"Relax, Zanril." She said quietly, doing so herself now that she couyld see the man she was going to go to sleep with. Her heavy while eyelashes brushed her pale cheeks as her own eyelids drooped. It would seem as though she would obey her own words, but really... It was just so comfortable. She found his company comfortable, despite the tension, and she wouldn't fight sleep.

"My name..? It's Velaa." She smiled as her eyes finally closed on the world and she tucked her already small body into a warm little ball against him, just barely touching him, before they were both asleep.

--
OOC:
x/////o <- Will be his face when he wakes.
Velaa
The Forsaken Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Zanril on August 2nd, 2011, 10:21 pm

16 Summer, 511 AV

The soft glow of morning woke Zanril from his restful slumber. He hadn't slept that well in ages. He noticed his arm was draped across the woman's body. Slowly, he picked up his arm, returned it to his side and increased his distance from her. He hoped she hadn't noticed. He felt a sting on his face. Touching his cheek, he could feel a long scratch running down from his cheekbone to his chin. Those horns, he laughed to himself. He wasn't sure if it was an accident or not, and he was sure she wouldn't admit to it anyway.

Zanril yawned quietly and stretched, trying not to wake the girl. The girl... Her hair was still white, but it was different somehow. She seemed a bit slimmer, though he couldn't see her face. It was cold, but much warmer than last night. Zanril stood up and covered her completely with the blanket. He then turned his back to her, moving his attention to his equipment. He checked around to make sure all his equipment was packed up. After stowing away the rest of his possessions in his packs, Zanril heaved them onto his back and sat down on the edge of the bedroll.

At this angle, he could see her face clearly. She was very lovely. Her gorgeous white hair framed a soft, pale, feminine face. Her eyes were still closed, and she looked angelic. He would make it his duty to protect her. He crossed his legs and watched her sleep, the cold wind playing at his face.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Velaa on August 3rd, 2011, 12:45 am

Velaa slept through dawn. For the first time in what had to be at least a decade, she was not roused by Syna's golden light. She was warm and content, and in her dreams, which had dimmed from the ephemeral musings of a mind wrought in the moon's light to wild flashes of vivid colours, she found peace. Even when Zanril moved away from her body, leaving her feeling empty yet still content in her mind, she slept. Even the stirring of the Vantha as he collected his gear didn't rouse her. It was the silence that did.

Pale lids slowly rose over stark, violet eyes. They opened, and showed her that she was being watched in her slumber by the very person whom had coaxed her to sleep next to him. For a moment, she floundered in confusion, before she gave him a small smile and sat up. The cold air across her face brought only the barest of shivers as she removed herself from the kind Vantha's bedroll and looked up at him. In Syna's light, without the flash of muted colours, the man was wonderful in appearance. She looked away and reached for her bag.

"Good morning," she said in Vani, one of the few greetings she had taken from that language. She opened her bag. "Did I scratch your face, Zanril?" Her voice had mellowed out with her transformation. It had gone from soprano to alto, but it was warmer than the voice of the Eth she'd been the night before. "Before we do anything, are ypu hungry?" She wasn't yet, due to the nutrition given her by her deity during the night. Still, it was polite to offer, yes? How frustrating, this uncertainty. "I have fruit..."
Velaa
The Forsaken Wanderer

Character sheet

PreviousNext