[The Trough] Need to think (0pen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 15th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Timestamp: 30th of Summer, 511 AV
Purpose: Preparing to see the family

Once Nightwind was properly watered, groomed and fed, the young Denusk made his way straight to The Trough to slake a raging thirst. He walked to the bar with sure steps, making almost no sound.

"Mead." He ordered in a quiet voice, rough and dry as the sand. Dark brown curls clung to the back of his neck and he was coated in travel dust. His light amber eyes nearly matched the drink. Three days and two nights of riding takes a toll.

The cool mug reached his hand with practiced ease and he nodded gratefully at the bartender. Bolden took a long draught and closed his eyes as he swallowed. He finished quickly with a relieved sigh and told the man to keep 'em coming.

His dark blue tunic looked dun colored from the desert though its quality was still evident. The young man leaned his arms over the bar and took measure of the place tonight.

A small group of men appeared to be celebrating a fresh looking Windmark on a boy's back and they smiled proudly. Bolden was too tired to think of who they were.

Six years away and so many people have changed drastically. The grief of Ay'vala's passing caught at him, still. He shook his head, almost horse-like as if trying to rid himself of the memory as he would sand flies.

He took another long drink to soothe his throat.

' I'm not a little boy anymore. I'm 19 and I'm long overdue to face my family again. Maybe even find a wife or two.'

Bolden cradled the mead in both hands and got lost in thought of the potential family meeting.
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Khiara on July 16th, 2011, 12:18 am

It wasn't often Khiara drank, finding the past time something savoured only for celebrations or family events. But petching hell, tonight she needed a drink. So many things weighed heavily on the young wife's mind. Ronan and his emotional state, Vanator and his concerns around leadership and fatherhood, Kashik and the up's and down's of a new baby and then of course herself. The vantha had become truly worried about her inability to concieve. It was every moon she found herself dissapointed and the worry only deepened, knawing at her very being. The question of when had now become a question of if. And the girl knew that women talked about it, half whispers that quickly dried up if she walked past.

Shame and dissapointment dragged her down, and although she supported her husband and cared about her friends, it was getting to her. Plus the heat. Goddess of all the Frozen Lands of Avanthal, it was hot! Over the other seasons, Khiara had been able to adapt to the heat and even enjoyed it. But summer was killing her, humid in the nights and dry in the days, the sheer blanket of heat felt like it was seeping into her very pores.

A cumulation of these things had driven the brunette from her pavillion and into the Trough, ordering a large mug of mead. Horrible stuff, nothing like the sweet lingering tones of a spiced wine - but it was cooler. Kept in sealed kegs under the river during the day, by the evening the drink was nice and chilled. Taking her oversized mug of beverage, Khiara had settled herself in a quiet table off to the side of the tavern. Vanator, ever the busy leader of the Saphirre Pavillion had been around earlier, but to whether he could join her had been undecided. Rather than hide away in a corner, Khiara sat centrally and sipped on the mead, holding her mug with two small hands. Every now and then the sour beverage would send a little chill up her spine. But at least it was cooler in the open air tavern. Music played a light hearted tone and people drunkenly cheered for well known verses. The vantha couldn't help but smile. Endrykas was so very much her home now, and with violet eyes she took in the faces of her people.

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 1:11 am

Now that his thirst was seen to and he'd had some time to cool off, he searched for some female diversion. Maybe, just maybe that was what he needed to relax.

It only took a brief moment before he zeroed in on the sleek and lovely woman sitting at the center of the room.

'I would've seen that walking in here, no matter how tired.'

Her dark hair was braided up, baring her long, slender neck. Her delicate frame had its fair share of curves and her legs went on for miles.

'Now if only I could get her to turn around so I can see her face! I know how-- who doesn't want a free drink?' he thought quickly.

Bolden put down a couple mizas on the bar and grabbed an extra mug for the cute brunette. He put on his most charming smile and strode confidently toward her.

"It's a scorching night beautiful and you look like you use another drink."
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Khiara on July 16th, 2011, 2:20 am

Listening to the music and sipping on her mead, Khiara didn't notice the young man until he was right beside her table, the sound of his voice almost rough even though his tone was pleasant. Glancing up at the youth, the vantha took in his rougish appearance before her violet gaze sifted to the mug in hand. Her smile became a little wider as the brunette raised a finger.

"You are right, it is a scorching night. But in regards to another drink..." Taking her current mug in both hands, Khiara took a deep drink and shuddered. It was only a third done and she could already feel that heady sensation of tipsiness coming on, the violet in her eyes swirling languidly.

"I need to break through this before I move on to that. And before you even get started, I'm a joined woman. See?" Tilting her head, the vantha pointed out the chevas mark on her neck, still smiling and tone light hearted. Ronan had caught her off guard, this time she would be sure the new comer knew that she wasn't up for free grabbing. Still, it didn't hurt to have company.

"Now that we have that out of the way, please have a seat. Drinking alone tends to be a lot more miserable than it sounds." Raising her mug again, the vantha took another large gulp, determined to get through the mead come hell or highwater.

"So, of whom do I have the pleasure of meeting this sweltering summer night?"

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 2:57 am

Bolden stood like a dumb oaf for half a chime, caught by her incredible eyes. He regained his smile -because- she mentioned she was taken and showed the mark.

"I am Bolden Denusk of the Sapphire Clan." He answered with pride. He took the opposite seat from her, still watching those violet eyes rather than the Chevas Mark.

"Will you grace me with sharing your name? And do tell, what man would dare to leave such a ravishing beauty all by herself?"

His amber eyes deepened to the color of wild honey as he watched her delicate hands move when she talked to him. The good looking young Drykas set both mugs on the table and flashed a friendly smile.

"Too right. Drinking alone is not fun, and it's not very often that I do."

He held up a hand to forestall what he knew would be disbelief.

"I've been away from my family for six years and I really should get back to them. If nothing else, to let Vanator and Kavala know I'm still alive. It's been some hard travel even with Nightwind, and now I just..well, need time to get my thoughts together before I see them again."

Bolden hadn't meant to say so much to her, but her whirling eyes were almost hypnotic to watch.

"So tell me about yourself lovely Vantha and we'll share the last mead."
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Khiara on July 16th, 2011, 6:38 am

A small look of surprize crossed across Khiara's face for a fleeting moment as Bolden introduced himself. She'd never met him before, not even at the wedding, and yet he said he was a Denusk. Perhaps he had been there but otherwise occupied. As the young drykas sat down at the table, the violet eyed girl smiled warmly. True to the Denusk nature, he let his flattering tongue roam the spoken language in sweet words and his rich amber eyes held her own. Eyes were a natural thing for Khiara to seek out during conversation, and it was with a small blush she realised the denusk men were all skilled in looking deeply into the windows of the soul. Perhaps it was just her unique gaze that caused them to stare so much. Eitherway, the brunette quickly looked down at her mug and took another sip of mead.

Looking up as he spoke of his time away, the vantha swallowed quickly and put down the mead. Her eyes swirled, golden streaks like lazy whisps of smoke passing across the iris as she took in Bolden. Six years? Goddess, she had only been away from Avanthal for...two? Three? It had been a long long time, but not six. As he asked her to speak, Khiara's smile returned.

"Well, Bolden Denusk, my name is Khiara Snowsong. I am indeed a vantha, born in the wintery depths of Avanthal. I travelled away from home, many many seasons ago looking for...peace." Her eyes looked away for a moment, before coming back to his own now deep honey ones. Her smile became a little mischevious as she paused to take a deep drink of her mead, noticing she'd managed to get it halfway down. Her head felt pleasently light.

"During my travel I was found by a drykas man, who after many seasons of getting to know me, confessed his love for me and brought me back to his pavillion to eventually become his Second Wife." Finishing her story with true vantha style, Khiara took up her mead and drank long. Putting the mug down heavily, she shuddered and shook her head as goosebumps ran down her arms. The brunette had successfully finished the drink, as awful as it was. Sitting up straighter, the young woman leaned forward and spoke softly in the lyrical vani of her home.

"And so it was, and forever will be." Giggling to herself, Khiara took up the mead he had brought over and sipped it a little, before pushing it towards him.

"That man, who now tends to the needs of his pavillion, is Vanator Denusk." She said in common again, with a small twinkle in her now bright violet eyes.

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 4:08 pm

The moment Khiara looked down in modesty and blushed, his attraction doubled and his eyes warmed. Such amazing eyes she has! Especially when they turned that dusky gold hue of desert sand at sunset.

Her surprised look had him smiling even more proudly.

'Of course she's impressed! I am of the Denusk Pavilion, so she must be very flattered by my attention!' Bolden sat up a little straighter and raised his chin. Something about her name seemed vaguely familiar, but in his exhaustion and hubris, he dismissed it as nothing. He wasn't really listening to how she met her husband; who cares right? He took a deep draught and thought,

'That's right pretty little Vantha, just keep looking at me and---'

"VANATOR?!"

He sputtered mead across the table til he nearly choked and his eyes watered. Bolden wiped an arm across his eyes and mouth, smearing desert dust across his face in a gold arc from chin to forehead.

"But..he's...you didn't..."

The young Drykas stuttered, unable to get out a full sentence. His expression was so flustered he had no clue that he was now caked in dirt with a reddening face. He tried again.

"Cheeky miss...you never said..how could you le--?!"

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post92099.html#p92099
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Khiara on July 16th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Wide eyed, Khiara jumped back as the young Denusk practically bellowed Vanator's name and sprayed mead across everything. Looking around the tavern with bright violet eyes, she smiled apologetically at the patrons staring at them. Even the music had stopped. Cheeks a little red, the tipsy vantha looked back at Bolden for a moment before she burst out laughing. Covering her giggles with one hand, Khiara quickly grabbed the mug off the table and stood up as she raised it in the air.

"VANATOR!!!" She exclaimed loudly in what she hoped was a toasting voice, before downing a huge mouthful of the mead. Around the tavern the patrons sent up a roaring cheer and the music started again. Looking down at the spluttering Bolden, the vantha put down the mug and laughed as she took a cloth from one of the passing barmaids.

"You certainly know how to draw attention to yourself! Here, you look like a little boy that fell in the mud." Handing him the cloth, Khiara simmered down into small giggles as she waited for him to get clean. The night was young, the music light and the air decidedly cooler, mead warming up her body and making her giddy. Sitting down again, the brunette looked at him with slowly swirling eyes, shades of violet and lavender twirling and twisting in a languid dance.

"I didn't mean to shock you, honestly. You actually surprized me. Just when I think I've met all the Denusk's there are to meet, another one of you appears." She said with an apologetic voice, soft smile on her lips.

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 16th, 2011, 10:44 pm

When the crowd cheered his 'omnipotent' brother, he had to force himself not to squirm in his seat. Bolden didn't know what was worse: Making a public fool of himself, the mere thought of toasting to his half brother's constant 'greatness,' or Khiara laughing at him!

Embarrassment and anger vied with each other, showing in his features too swiftly to read. Her giggling and the 'boy' comment had his temper simmering under the surface. He reined in his rage immediately and took the towel she offered. Quickly, the young Denusk wiped his face with the towel and then balled it into his fist.

'Her cheeks are flushed now. Did I embarrass her or is it just the mead showing?'

Her violet and lavender eyes pulled at his gaze once he'd schooled his features again. Keeping his true feelings locked, he forced a smile, pretending nothing was wrong.

"Clever toast, sister in law, and a quick recovery. Somehow I should've known he'd corral the prettiest filly around."
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Khiara on July 17th, 2011, 2:56 am

Still smiling, Khiara tilted her head in acknowledgement, her cheeks warm. The constant comments about her looks were making the woman uncomfortable, she didn't consider herself any more beautiful than the next person, and Bolden's comment gave her an idea. It may have been fleeting, but Khiara had the feeling she'd embarrassed the young man with her actions. Still, he didn't seem upset when he smiled.

"Vanator actually chose another before me. Actually he chose three others before me. And in the end it was just my stupidity that....ah petch. You know, this place is way to crowded for decent conversation. How do you feel about a ride?" Putting on her most winsome smile, Khiara shrugged and glanced around the tavern. The story leading up to their marriage was a complicated one, and in her tipsy state Khiara was too inclined to dwell on the not so perfect parts.

"Unless you were planning on another drink?" Already the raven haired woman was tipsy, too big a mug way too fast. But who cared? She was with a Denusk, she was safe. Looking back at Bolden, Khiara raised an eyebrow questionably.

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Next