Devandre's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Devandre's Journal

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 3:41 am

Journal entry Day 25 Winter 490

Here is to my gracious family, the “Falcon Order” Taking me in and taking care of me to live and see another birthday. Although I do not really know when my birthday really was. I can’t remember that far back.

Mmm mm a bit of warmed bean mash thinned with some mead. I find the taste pretty strange, but the mead helps the concoction I am doomed to eat slide down easier. Plus I love the aftereffects…happy birthday to me.

Devandre

Ps
Just for whoever listens
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Re: Devandre's Journal

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:31 pm

Devandre wrote:
Journal entry Day 26 Winter 490

Today I almost was caught lifting a nobles miza pouch. Thankfully though I have found my way into one of the cliques the thieves make themselves. Us thieves and pickpockets work in teams. That is just how the "Falcon order" is run, at the top of the hierarchy is "Falcon" the main man who is almost never seen. Then below him is "Eagle Eyes" he is "Falcon's" son and in charge of watching the inventory making sure everyone who lives under the roof of the Falcon lair is meeting pay off of fenced items. I am told that there is technically no body below him in the hierarchy, but we know better.

There are nine cliques each have there own specialties, some work for the Sylirian Government, some have informants in the alcohol shipping trade, while others do pickpocketing, mugging, and breaking and entering. Even though we are criminals, we are not aloud to kill anyone, steal from each other or talk about what we as an order do to the general public.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:32 pm

Journal entry Day 45 Summer 495

What a joyful twenty days! The boss “Falcon” sent me and my team of two, James and Crystal out to go do some good ol break in and take what you can. Crystal is a new recruit an Isur I may add. She is our muscle of the little group and the youngest at 17. James and I are both 18 although I am some moons older then James. Even so he never stops teasing me about my lisp, which seems to have gotten worse over the years. Sssslithering ssssandre the poisssonusssss, he’d teased. I didn’t find it very funny but what am I going to do…kill him? Heck no we go together like leaves to a tree, he is the adventurer often times just doing things instead of thinking it through. But he has proven himself numerous times that he is a trustworthy and has a good head on his shoulders.

But I digress; what made these days so grand is the fact we made, well in my alchemical measurements a stool load of Mizas from fencing. This team of three is recognized as the best group under the rule of “Falcon” and titled the “Flock of Falcon”!

I don’t really like the title I want to be independent and recognized as such. I didn’t leave with only fame however, one of the houses we hit had a set of alchemy flasks, mortars and pestles and many books on local plants. What really caught my eye where the “Guide to poisonous plants and animal life,” “Races of Mizahar Post Valterian to Current,” and finally a book about a Goddesssss named Sssiku. For some reason I was able to read the text on the cover better then I could read normal human language. Later that night, it came to my attention that I am a mix blood of Human, and Dhani. I know that my father was a Dhani, and possibly viper, that would explain my height.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:33 pm

Journal entry Day 65 Summer 497

A great tragedy has fallen on the small association of thieves I call family, one of "Falcon's" sons was found dead today. He died in his sleep and the mortician deemed the death a natural cause. A great tragedy indeed and will effect us all greatly.

The benefit of his death is I take over all leadership of his group, the Flock grows.
With the new amount of people I am able to send people out to do work while I stay back and practice mixing different venom's and elixirs. James and I have grown closer over the past decade, he is quite the friend. Very loyal and dependable, unlike others. While alone James and I would talk, today we a conversation started about the change in behavior of "Falcon" He had become more greedy and cutting our pay. This troubled us both for it may fore shadow something down the line.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even though I have been given a head start with the books I got two years back over plants and poisons; I have excelled immensely by trial and error. It is unfortunate though all those rats that I have used to test. Some of the others in this association looks down at my studies, but all I tell them is, "It's going toward a good cause."

It isn't only animals but myself, I have learned some plants only cause mild irritation from contact, others create rashes that stay and even seem to spread. This suggest to me that there is something in this plant that penetrates the skin enough to get into the blood stream without injection. So far I have only been able to make a mixture that needs to be either injected or administered via a flesh wound. This new discovery could be very revolutionary and useful in the future.

I have read the book about about the goddess Sssiku. Over the years I have obtained a very graphical depiction of a common Dhani ritual to praise the serpent goddess. It seems the rituals mostly revolves around ritual murders. Dhani using there strong bodies to rip sacrifices into pieces. I will not go into to much detail onto the rest of the ritual for I do not want to disgust myself at a later time.

Though as disgusting as it may seem, it doesn't compare to the new mix of meats and veggie mix I tried today using a new trinket I designed. Basically it is a metal rod about Five inches in length. Attached to one end are four very sharp blades made in a cross configuration. To use this I insert the rod blades first into a cup of wine or readily available liquid. To this I add a carefully measured and proportioned amounts of veggies and meats to the liquid in the cup. Then I simply swirl the rod rotating the blades back and forth slicing and mixing the food. Boy did it taste strange, maybe next time I will warm it up first.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:33 pm

Journal entry Day 72 Spring 498

What a day, Falcon has become increasingly aggravating. Doubling our work and lessening our pay even more. It has become so bad that I am reduced to studying at night and doing marksmanship training at night. James and I both agree that it is only a matter of time before someone says or does something about Falcon's new rules.

Some member have even tried to leave the order, but they were forced back into place by thugs hired by Falcon to keep us thieves in order. But Falcon forgets he can't control every thing thieves do. James and I both have been sneaking outside of Sundberth where we found an abandoned home. This has become my new labratory and place of worship for both of us. James has become quite the apprentice of poison and Siku.

But tonight in this shack we talked about a possibility of organizing a coup to over throw Falcon. He and I came up with a theory that if we kill Falcon we can set people free and let the thieves make an actual living at what they do best.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:34 pm

Journal entry Day 62 Spring 499

It has only been a year and this side sanction of mine and James has grown faster then expected. We hold monthly meetings gathering at the central location, it has become like a headquarter and a second life for James and I. We have decided to name this very underground group "Night Owls" The owl is a natural threat to falcons in the wild and was meant to be a deliberate challenge to the falcon's.

Although we have grown in size this group is invitation only, if offered to join the Owls it is an offer you cannot refuse. Unlike the Falcons it was not out of reason to kill outsiders. Needless to say we didn't ask many people to join...without testing them of course and seeing where there heads were at. We have six who form the inner circle of the "Owls" Crystal our blacksmith and weapon smith. Craig our representative, his speech skills excel any of the six, his job is to be our public eyes. Isis Treeshadow a Drykas she is one of our fierce fighters and one of our first defenses in the event of an attack on the inner circle. She is followed by her Kelvic mate, a horse naturally. Then of course there is James and myself, I am head master and James is my right hand.

I still continue to praise Siku with a sacrifice of an animal, this animal is used completely as food and some parts depending on the animal are used in the elixirs and potions I make. All is going well in the inner circle and I am very happy with it.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:34 pm

Journal entry Day 03 Winter 500

Praise Siku, the inner circle has gotten a break. Craig has a lead onto where the Falcon is located. I always suspected that he was located somewhere outside of Sunberth, just didn't know where. Craig has learned he lives roughly south east of Sunberth near the coast. This information is very useful to me, Craig has also learned that Falcon is heavily protected. He is running scared, the message I left him three years ago must have spooked him enough, an owl attacking a falcon's nest, while a serpent eats the mother falcon. This has been a long time coming and I am only writing it down on paper now because I feel I am safe here locked in my lab. It is quite a danger to come in here, a thick miasma of toxins and general nasty things that could cause harm. I am lucky err or unlucky that I have built up an immunity to it. I am almost certain if I bottled the air in here it could be used as a quite potent poison.

I have given up on almost completely on thieving and have directed my attention to the black market. Though my poisons are relatively easy and simple compared to the ready made venoms. I am the cheapest and highest in quality on the market in my division. Also from what I have heard, I am the only one who makes a hallucinogen that causes paralysis and numbness on who ever ingests it. This has been my source of income, the six of us have been doing things independently ever since we moved away from the Falcon's. Anarchy amongst the Anarchists, and an arrow of signature for the Falcon's down fall. The inner circle plans to have Falcon dead by winter's break.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm

Journal entry Day 85 Winter 505

Falcon still lives and I am furious. Someone among the inner circle is leaking information. This traitor leaked information to falcon warning of an assassination attempt. When James, Crystal and I arrived at Falcon's home we broke in to find no one home. During the time we spent searching the house, someone blocked the doors and exits. This person also set the house a flame, I should of remembered the smell of kerosene but my smell had been jeopardized by a rather silly mistake of smelling an empty vial that once held a very powerful acid in it. The fuel soaked roof went up in flames swiftly.

We were lucky Crystal was with us, her flesh almost impervious to the heat of the flame, cleared a path through the inferno guiding us safely to a door which she had used her Hammer to pound a way through the wood. I was the first out of the burning building, I kind of regret and praise that move. Once I stepped out I almost immediately felt a very sharp pain enter the upper portion of my chest, on the right side. An arrow had come from the darkness, I couldn't see in the dark, my vision terrible as it is not helped by the extreme contrast of fire to darkness. I was expecting another arrow which never came instead a hand pulling me out of a very dazed state of confusion and into the blanket of darkness in the forest. We made it back to our shack in one piece.

Once in and after a check to make sure no one had followed us, I confronted the two beings. They promised they were not the ones who had leaked information. I removed the arrow man did that hurt lucky I wasn't born boneless. I told them to wait as I left into my lab to get two different vials. I explained to them what was in each vial, signature poisons meant for the both of them. I explained to them what it was and was met with apprehensive and questioning stares. I told them that I trusted them completely and handed them there own specifically brewed poisons.

While bandaging myself I explained that I had made vials of poisons for each of the inner circle members. Although we screen our members, they still came from the Falcon group just like the rest of us. You could never be to careful, I explained to them what I had in mind to do.

Invite them all to one of my worshiping sessions, lock the door and slaughter them all. Once the deed is done the owl's den will be abandoned once again, I then explained to them that I am going to Syliras, and possibly settle down somewhere and get a real job as a "Herbologist" I hear most humans look down upon the poison makers.

They both said it would be a great idea but what about them? I told them do whatever they wanted to they are independent as soon as the last owl falls.

Devandre
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm

Journal entry Day 25 Winter 509

Today is my birthday, and here I stand alone at my...our house and secret head quarters. That night I...we killed the owls was a very strange night. Me covered in blood head to toe as I sacrificed that kelvic horse to the serpent goddess Siku. I know now that I should of tortured both the kelvic and the Drykas, but it is in the past and I have been getting enough sacrifices as is. After I made my sacrifice that fateful night, James, Crystal and I drank ourselves silly. My original plan was to leave the building in tact, but during our drunken stupor we decided to burn it down. I recovered some of my old journals and books that made it through the fire. I took the liberty to re writing the journal entries I found. All except one, I refuse to rewrite the very last one because of it's sentimental value.

Devandre

Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 6:01 pm

OOC Post

Just thought I'd share these videos with those who want to write about Pickpokets well here are some inspirational visuals for you to write about. Plus he Apollo Robins is an Acquaintance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muqChFhC_ts

Awesome example of how a pickpocket team works
http://www.kunchang.net/Site/The_Rip_Off.html
Devandre
Player

Character sheet