Technology?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Technology?

Postby Daston on July 28th, 2011, 4:58 am

Hey, I'm new here. I'm doing my character out now, and i scanned through some of the lore and I am a bit confused on the technologies and culture of the setting. Is it strictly medieval or is it a mix between medieval and modern through use of Djed in technologies making modern things liiiike gadgets that can tell the time of day or can track life nearby, or maybe technology like trains or tramways and air ships? Again i probably could piece it all together so i half feel like im being lazy, but if someone wants to explain it to me just so i know whats up for sure that would be great.
Daston
Player

Words: 14007
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 4:46 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Technology?

Postby Growl on July 29th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Definitely no trains, trams, or air ships, (as in air planes I am assuming). I think I have seen a few threads involving very primitive hot air balloons, and fireworks, but that's about it. No guns. No cannons. Um... obviously no cell phones or phones of any sort. Most of us get around on foot, or by horse, or wind eagle if you're an endal. But pycons can get creative... say take a kitten or a mouse. Um... if you're in Avanthal you may use sled dogs. *shrugs* It's more medieval than anything else, with some magic thrown in.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Technology?

Postby Gossamer on July 29th, 2011, 5:20 pm

No steampunk and cyberpunk either. Its medieval fantasy.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Technology?

Postby Daston on July 29th, 2011, 5:39 pm

All right sweet, medieval fantasy is what i was gathering, but i wanted to be sure, thanks guys.
Daston
Player

Words: 14007
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 4:46 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets