Lestin Frostmane

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lestin Frostmane

Postby Lestin on January 27th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Lestin Frostmane

Basic Information

Name
Lestin Frostmane – pronounced “leh-STEEN”

Race
Drykas

Born
489 AV Winter

Physical Description
Lestin possesses a moderately solid build to an extend that he can be a force to be reckoned with and also be swift on his feet. As with other Drykas of his kind, he allows his hair to grow freely as a sign of his noble status within Drykan society. Lestin prefers to have his hair without braids but he does have two braids on his left side as a memory to his brother.

Lestin inherited his adopted mother’s brown eyes but never carried the same gentleness his mother’s eyes had. Instead, they give off a stern and confronting feeling if anyone were to look solely into his eyes.

Personality
Lestin has a strong view of his race’s traditions and laws and follows them to the point of being a living preserver of his culture and the race pays him respect for it. Very introverted and loud, he walks around with an arrogant confidence that warns others that he was ready to partake in a verbal, or physical, fight to anyone that dared speak to him out of turn. Often making himself an enemy he knew the limitations of being a riot and so he respects the boundaries that others may have; heading there but never reaching it.

Far from the shackles of tradition and what others expect from him, he boasts unimaginable amount of devotion for his friends and family but that isn’t to say that the Drykas as a whole aren’t as devoted. Under the outward voice and sarcasm, Lestin is really an introverted person but would never allow anyone to see him read books or enjoy the past time of just sitting in the plains and looking up into the sky and thinking about aspects of his life that didn’t make sense to him. People would think he was wasting time! It is a very stark contrast to his party-mode personality.

Character History
Lestin opened his eyes and the world came to meet him in an instant as a black and stagnant world; a world where there was nothing but a white tea table and two chairs. Lestin, surprised and frightened, surveyed this world and he became steadily cautious and wary.

‘Where am I?’ he wondered.

“This is nowhere. Welcome to nowhere, Lestin.”

Lestin turned to the direction of the voice in a flash, seeing a stranger occupying one of the empty chairs.

“Who are you?”

“I am no one. I am simply a being created to talk about your history,” the stranger replied and he sipped his tea cup that had magically appeared into existence.

Lestin merely gave the stranger an inquisitive stare and took the other unoccupied seat, accepting the unspoken invitation.

“YOU MURDERER!” the stranger screamed the instant Lestin sat down, reaching across the tea table to shout at Lestin’s face.

Lestin flinched and he fell through the chair, his eyes wide in shock. The chair remained upright as if it was never moved.

The stranger was already back to his chair sipping his tea. “I had hoped you had come to terms with that. I guess it’s a hope best forgotten,” he said rather arrogantly.

The annoyed Drykas, not giving him the satisfaction of weakness sat back down on his own chair, glaring at the other occupant opposite of him. “It wasn’t murder. It was simply what needed to be done. He was a... liability to our race.” The dark world echoed his words and made it feel hollow and empty. Lestin stared at his own tea cup that had appeared and he felt cold all of a sudden but wouldn’t drink the tea that had become warm with billowing steam.

“DID THAT JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS TO KILL YOUR BROTHER?! YOUR BEST MATE?!” The stranger shouted again, with increasing levels of anger, his hands shaking with controlled rage.

Lestin didn’t react this time and merely gave a passive expression.

“I know you more than you know yourself. When it was guaranteed that your brother would have to be put down decreed by the Ankul, you felt it was unjustly yet you never questioned it when you should have. You did what was expected of you and in that; the people of Drykas gave you this name: Frostmane. You froze your heart, your doubt and yourself to deal that final blow as the blade went through his throat.” The stranger was calmer now but his voice had taken a bitter tone. His tea was left forgotten and unfinished.

There was no mistaking the amount of extreme inner turmoil that Lestin was feeling at the moment. His body expression was eerily still and without movement but his eyes were clouded as if remembering the event that the stranger had detailed.

It seemed like hours that both of them were unmoving until finally, Lestin looked up from his tea and asked the stranger a question he needed an answer to.

“Who are you?”

The stranger thought for a moment before answering, “I am you.”

“But you look nothing like me,” Lestin retorted.

“Exactly, I am the manifestation of your sub-conscious; the real you, not the one you freely allow others to see. You have been so dependent on what you let others see that you no longer know who you really are. You’ve become twisted by the traditions that have raised you.” The stranger paused to finish his tea with a final gulp to hide his dreary expression but it was unavoidable. “Do you even remember why you make yourself the perfect Drykas of tradition?”

Lestin thought to remember the reasons why he, for so long, had been trying so hard to be what his parents and his people wanted him to be. At first, he thought he wanted their love but he already had it. Respect came second but he also had that. When he exhausted all the possible reasons and denied them he gasped. He realised that he could not answer the stranger’s question and he looked up from his pondering to the stranger opposite to him, silently asking him for guidance struck by the revelation that he did not know.

The stranger sighed. “It’s because you were afraid to be who you are. You are a reject. I am a reject. We’re both rejects. Slavery is the bending of ones will and that is what I feared the most and so you were created from my own psyche.”

Lestin’s mouth hung open in shock and he feared the next question that came out of his mouth. “I’m... a slave?”

“Yes. We are,” was the stranger’s simple answer.

For some reason, Lestin felt it to be true and sincere but it didn’t stop him to ask, “But my parents—“

“Adopted you. Your childhood enslavement was so soul-breaking and so heart-shattering that you were finally relieved when you were given a second chance and you would do anything to get away from it, even selling yourself to them, physically and metaphorically.”

Lestin held his warm cup, his brows scrunched up in deep thought. “I don’t understand. I’m not real?”

“What is real and what isn’t doesn’t matter in this world. You are as real as I am. What’s important is the meaning of the words I’m telling you.

You haven’t even found your strider yet though you would have if you weren’t always forming this image of yourself that isn’t you. Your chosen Strider won’t be able to recognise you. Be yourself. You’re far from the childhood that you once wished to run away from. You’re respected as a member of the Ruby Pavilion so it’s finally time to forge a new life for yourself.”

The stranger stood up and the furniture disappeared into blackness, leaving Lestin to stumble onto the non-existent floor. “There is a beautiful place waiting for you Lestin when you find me, when you find yourself. Unfortunately, you will never remember this encounter as it does not exist and never happened but have faith. You will soon realise that the life you live in the real world is not for you. You will journey to find your past so that you may open the gate to the future,” and with the furniture he too also disappeared into the black void.

Lestin was now alone in the dark world. He took a step and the floor below him erupted with light and doves began flowing out of it, surrounding him before flying away to paint a newer world. The non-existent floors turned to grass, the unseeable horizon turned into endless plains of grass and the blank ceiling turned to clear, blue skies. Before Lestin could comprehend the beauty he was seeing the world shattered and he himself also shattered with the world into nothingness.

Training
Skills
Riding 20 (+10) points
Archery 20
Cooking 10
Tracking 10

Arcana
None

Gnosis
None

Lore
Drykas Culture
Parthian Shot

Equipment and Possessions
1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
1 Tent
1 Horse (named Thyme)

Ledger
100 Mizas

Thread List
None
Lestin
Player

Words: 3090
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2010, 1:40 pm